Spinoff from the "just curious" thread - what would you change if you were God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's hard to say without knowing all and seeing all, but thinking the way I do as a mortal, I would decide hell was a bad, and even cruel idea. I like to think I'd forgive the sins of everyone, whether they sought that forgiveness or not. I would not allow any eternal suffering, and any suffering I did allow would only be given to provide contrast for all of the endless good that the beings I created could expirience.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm not even going to touch this one. Yeah the other thread was fun, but this one's blasphemous. Sorry to spoil the party, but folks we've got better things to discuss than things that border on blasphemy.
That being said. Aufwiedersehen.
And Deus Misereatur.
-Matthew

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not even going to touch this one. Yeah the other thread was fun, but this one's blasphemous. Sorry to spoil the party, but folks we've got better things to discuss than things that border on blasphemy.
That being said. Aufwiedersehen.
And Deus Misereatur.
-Matthew
siya nara.

BTW, I started a thread like this once asking what sin one would commit if one were to get away with it. The responses were like yours, which made me feel like the woman at the well.

Anyway, as to the OP. I wouldn't dink around with little shi+. If I was gonna change something, it'd be big. Like maybe I'd be God and then I would make myself non exist.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would make cigarettes really healthy.

I wouldn't allow suffering.

I would give Ravenonthecross a sense of humor....which is in stark contrast to the atomic wedgie I would give him in real life. It's a message board buddy, calm down.

Reactions: epiclesis
Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's blasphemous - but I'm someone who likes to talk about anything.
A thread like this can even start a discussion about why you think God decided to do as He did, even though you personally would do things differently. It can make us more accepting of reality. I think that many people - well, me, if you look at my answer, I wouldn't even create people - would be more controlling than God, which can make us think about the great but dangerous (but most of all great) gift that free will is, and about the love that God has for us. I know that I'm seriously lacking in the love department (which is why I would not even make man).

But non-serious answers are welcome, too. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟444,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't change a thing. :)

Giving too much means little will be returned and the full community effect for prayer and love would be null and void to humanity.

If everything went the way humans wanted it to... I am sure it would not work whatsoever.

I didnt mean to pooh on the party.

I certainly cannot imagine His Position and what all He knows.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟444,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i would make money grow on trees.

;)

kidding... (kind of)

would be nice to have no free will! we do as God wants without struggle :)

I like the money tree idea....
I really wish I could plant one. :wave:

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Easy. First I'd declare geocajun the new pope.

hmmm nah.. not big enough.

I'd declare that the pope and all other heads of various governments will now report to geocajun, who reports directly to me.
Then the next day, when I'm geocajun again, I'd just ask everyone for a small tax for my services. I'd basically leave folks alone if they paid their taxes.
geocajun is a merciful overlord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I would make cigarettes really healthy.

I wouldn't allow suffering.

I would give Ravenonthecross a sense of humor....which is in stark contrast to the atomic wedgie I would give him in real life. It's a message board buddy, calm down.
Thanks, I can feel the love.:D I have a sense of humor, it's just really cheesy and off-beat.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Easy. First I'd declare geocajun the new pope.

hmmm nah.. not big enough.

I'd declare that the pope and all other heads of various governments will now report to geocajun, who reports directly to me.
Then the next day, when I'm geocajun again, I'd just ask everyone for a small tax for my services. I'd basically leave folks alone if they paid their taxes.
geocajun is a merciful overlord.
Hey, I want to be Supreme Overlord of all the Earth!:( Mwah ha ha!:ebil::D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.