Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My favorite character is Mitsurugi because he has all the Samurai cliches firmly in place, and has enough feints and tricks to keep me occupied.

As for the best characters, this is my list of top characters (in no particular order):
Mitsurugi
Kilik
Taki
Ivy

And as for the Worst Characters:
Astaroth
Cassandra

Upvote 0

Grolin

Jan 10, 2004
Austin, TX
✟384.00
Faith
Christian
Best characters, last time I looked, were, in no particular order:
Mitsu
Xianghua (only needs THREE moves to win...)
Cervantes

And I think... Yoshimitsu? Or Kilik. Don't remember.

Cassandra ain't bad at all. She has all the tools to compete, really.

My favorite would probably be... dunno. Xianghua? I played her in SC1, so I stuck with her in SC2. Good choice, I guess, seeing as how she's top tier, haha.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Grolin said:
Best characters, last time I looked, were, in no particular order:
Mitsu
Xianghua (only needs THREE moves to win...)
Cervantes

And I think... Yoshimitsu? Or Kilik. Don't remember.

Cassandra ain't bad at all. She has all the tools to compete, really.

My favorite would probably be... dunno. Xianghua? I played her in SC1, so I stuck with her in SC2. Good choice, I guess, seeing as how she's top tier, haha.
Cervantes and Xianghua almost made my top list, but got bumped because I wanted to keep it at four. Cervantes' power moves are two easy to deal with once you are familiar with them, so that's why he didn't make it. As for Xianghua, I just don't think she has the reliability as the others.

I don't know why I think Cassandra is a poor character. Sophitia is definitely decent, so it's not the basic move list. Something just got lost when they adjusted her. It's kind of like how I hate Astaroth, but didn't bode any ill will towards Rock (who is sadly missing). I should add Nightmare to the list of worse characters. In balancing him, they kind of over did it. He's perhaps half as good as he was in Soul Calibur, and he wasn't even that top of tier back then.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
selune said:
Have been looking into this one. Our daughter always loves to play Cassandra on the setups and best buy and such. Is this a game with several hours worth of gameplay? Thanks.

Oh, definitely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grolin

Jan 10, 2004
Austin, TX
✟384.00
Faith
Christian
Trust me, Xianghua is reliable. She's the safest character in the game, really. She doesn't need to adjust much to deal with anybody, she wins with three moves half the time. She frustrates people since they can't get in, even if they block she'll be at advantage, blah blah, she's boring now but she wins.
She's a popular pick for tournament players when they don't want to risk making stupid mistakes. She doesn't really have too many bad matchups... when a character needs only three moves to win, the equivalent of a bad matchup is someone who forces her to use 4 moves, haha. Kilik supposedly has the advantage on X, dunno why particularly.

Still... it all boils down to the player in the end. Xianghua just keeps it simple enough that the player usually won't mess him/herself up at a critical moment.

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Personally I play Cervantes and Nightmare. Cervantes just because he's a pirate :D and he's got some pretty cool moves that you just have to time right to give your opponent loads of damage he can't prevent.

Nightmare is the character I started playing with and I still think he's cool. He does loads of damage and has a pretty good ring out game.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

William Nunn

Babies enjoy living too!
Jan 10, 2004
Kentucky
✟615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Am I the only person who liked playing as Voldo? Sure, his moves are insanely unreliable at times, but dang he's cool and fun to use. Especially when you aren't playing against one of the uber-SC players who know every characters weakness. Voldo's movements are really confusing to some opponents.:)

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
William Nunn said:
Am I the only person who liked playing as Voldo? Sure, his moves are insanely unreliable at times, but dang he's cool and fun to use. Especially when you aren't playing against one of the uber-SC players who know every characters weakness. Voldo's movements are really confusing to some opponents.:)
Voldo is actually quite good against people who aren't utterly obsessed about Soul Calibur, but still experienced with it. The reason being that most people ignore Voldo, and so are unfamilar with his moves. And since most of his moves kind of come out of nowhere, he can be quite powerful in that way.

Upvote 0

Chino

Dec 29, 2003
✟196.00
Faith
Christian
I like Maxi because I just love how he twirls those nunchucks around, it's so mesmerizing and beautiful at the same time. His loops also make him one of the hardest and deepest characters to learn.

Selune, SCII is a really good game, it's so deep and I think it's worth your investment. The story mode in the game is really good and the game can be played for hours if you want to learn everythign about it.

Upvote 0