Soooo Depressed

racough

Dec 17, 2006
✟7,687.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I not sure where to post since I have not used this forum in a while. So since I am over 30 I guess this is as a good of place as anywhere else.

I can barely write. I have been living on a dream trying to get into a MBA program. Not that I plan to be rich. Why an MBA. Because that is where my talents and interests lie. I cannot be a singer. I have been scrapping by with loans and handouts and God keeps putting up barriers on top of this. I am not a young man anymore. God surely, like Esau has chosen to hate me before I was born. I never had a chance. When I feel despondent people keep telling me about help lines--which are not Christian. What do I want to live for if I am going to be out in the street. God rewards atheists more that He helps me. Maybe I have committed blasphemy in that I do not care anymore. I keep hearing preachers talk about sinners enjoying a season of pleasure but then spending eternity in torment in Hell. They also speak of others being suffering on Earth but having eternal happiness in heaven for all of eternity. I also know some who enjoy life here on Earth who are Christians and will enjoy life forever in Heaven as well. How did I miss out. I am miserable on Earth and I know for sure, my faith without doubting, that I will never get to heaven. Since I am no good to go to heaven I should at least have a little bit of pleasure on Earth before I get to Hell. Would I be sensible to say to the devil "Look, God is not going to have me so I will worship you just get me a little pleasure before I get to hell." T

To you saints that may seem terrible but God loves you people and gives miraculous gifts and blessings to you all but to me, like Pharaoh, or Esau, I was doomed from the start. Yet He gives me a little blessing just to lead me along but with every blessing comes a trial. Now do not tell me that God is testing my faith. Does not He know all things? Even a fool like me can tell Him I will fail every test, as I have done so far, so why does He waste His times with tests that He knows, and so do I, the outcome?

I wish I was loved by God, and not only with empty phrases that the Bible had directed to others, but not me. You keep telling me "everyone" is mentioned here and there in the Bible. But does everyone mean me? No. I can remember when in the past I was invited to some function but I could see that I clearly was not wanted. Why was I invited. Because someone invited say all the workers, or students and I just happened to be in that group and the people doing the invitations would of felt awkward making me an exception, or perhaps they couldn't, but they really would give me the impression I should have not came. That is the way with the Bible. The writers did not put "except Rex" back in those days because it would have seemed awkward as Rex was not to be born until way after the Bible was written, but clearly God did not mean to include me in His promises.

You know I have been so angry at God that I out loud told the Holy Spirit to get out of my life. Now I dare anyone tell me that is forgivable. And what use is being forgiven when I am forgotten? People talk of the horrors of abortion that some babies never get to live. Like Judas, it would have been better that I was never born.

You guy can enjoy your fellowship with God and I guess you can have spiritual, and worldly, blessing now plus have eternal life. I wish that were true for me and I am not going to deceive myself anymore. I never had a chance.

locokrazy

Apr 20, 2010
Florida
✟7,641.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi, I not sure where to post since I have not used this forum in a while. So since I am over 30 I guess this is as a good of place as anywhere else.

Hello racough

I can barely write. I have been living on a dream trying to get into a MBA program. Not that I plan to be rich. Why an MBA. Because that is where my talents and interests lie. I cannot be a singer. I have been scrapping by with loans and handouts and God keeps putting up barriers on top of this. I am not a young man anymore. God surely, like Esau has chosen to hate me before I was born. I never had a chance. When I feel despondent people keep telling me about help lines--which are not Christian. What do I want to live for if I am going to be out in the street.

My friend i know this feeling very well god too decided that my quest to become a network admin was for not. i too am racked with loans and I'm bordering on having to file for bankruptcy. I don't believe that god hates you. maybe just maybe god has a different plan for you.

God rewards atheists more that He helps me. Maybe I have committed blasphemy in that I do not care anymore. I keep hearing preachers talk about sinners enjoying a season of pleasure but then spending eternity in torment in Hell. They also speak of others being suffering on Earth but having eternal happiness in heaven for all of eternity.

again I turned away from god years ago during my teen years. i was both blessed and cursed in many things that i have done not out of hatred but gods love for me to get my attention.

I also know some who enjoy life here on Earth who are Christians and will enjoy life forever in Heaven as well. How did I miss out. I am miserable on Earth and I know for sure, my faith without doubting, that I will never get to heaven. Since I am no good to go to heaven I should at least have a little bit of pleasure on Earth before I get to Hell.

My friend please listen to a former sinner who bowed before idols before being brought back into gods good grace. Do not walk away from god. God does love you and wants you to love him. the feelings that you have are very normal to have when god decides to test you. think of what god allowed the devil to do to job and compare your problems to that poor mans!

Would I be sensible to say to the devil "Look, God is not going to have me so I will worship you just get me a little pleasure before I get to hell."

my friend the devil would love nothing more then this! i wont go into the old "Hell devil blah blah blah" monologue I'm sure that you have heard that already ill say this. do not turn you back on god just because it feels like your life is at an end.

To you saints that may seem terrible but God loves you people and gives miraculous gifts and blessings to you all but to me, like Pharaoh, or Esau, I was doomed from the start. Yet He gives me a little blessing just to lead me along but with every blessing comes a trial. Now do not tell me that God is testing my faith. Does not He know all things? Even a fool like me can tell Him I will fail every test, as I have done so far, so why does He waste His times with tests that He knows, and so do I, the outcome?

i think part of the reason that you fail the test placed before you is you except them to fail. maybe the reason that you fail also is you are not listening to god. every time i got the idea in my head that i knew better then god about something i found out the hard way that i was very very wrong.

I wish I was loved by God, and not only with empty phrases that the Bible had directed to others, but not me. You keep telling me "everyone" is mentioned here and there in the Bible. But does everyone mean me? No. I can remember when in the past I was invited to some function but I could see that I clearly was not wanted. Why was I invited. Because someone invited say all the workers, or students and I just happened to be in that group and the people doing the invitations would of felt awkward making me an exception, or perhaps they couldn't, but they really would give me the impression I should have not came.

Ah now I'm starting to see where this started. Let me tell you a little story. When i was in middle school i was the kid that got beat up by everyone because i didn't fit in. I was sodomized, beaten and cut by the people that i thought where my friends. I turned from god thinking "What god would allow these things to happen to me, obviously he must think I'm dirt" My friend i was so wrong in that stupid idea. you may just be different because god has a god idea how to use you elsewhere.

That is the way with the Bible. The writers did not put "except Rex" back in those days because it would have seemed awkward as Rex was not to be born until way after the Bible was written, but clearly God did not mean to include me in His promises.

again my friend i challenge you to read job. sometimes god allows us to shoulder unbelievable burdens. but my friend there is no except clause in the bible. god loves us all and most of all he loves you!

You know I have been so angry at God that I out loud told the Holy Spirit to get out of my life. Now I dare anyone tell me that is forgivable. And what use is being forgiven when I am forgotten? People talk of the horrors of abortion that some babies never get to live. Like Judas, it would have been better that I was never born.

again my friend you must not think like this it is folly. I'm sure that life seems unbearable right now. And again I Bowed before Idols and god still took me back like the prodigal son! never think that you are unforgivable for all can be forgiven, and you are not forgotten but loved.

You guy can enjoy your fellowship with God and I guess you can have spiritual, and worldly, blessing now plus have eternal life. I wish that were true for me and I am not going to deceive myself anymore. I never had a chance.

You can have that chance. tell you what. i gave this advice to another member of this board. go into a wooded area where you will not be bothered by other people. find a comfortable area and sit down. then let it all out. tell god everything that you are feeling. let him know how angry you are. let him know all your sorrows. tell him your joys as well. let it all out until you feel everything inside you empty. once you hit that point (Which for myself i was crying uncontrollably) look and listen. see the glory of gods creation. look at the world as if you where a new born babe. listen and you just might hear god speak to you most assured he will speak to your heart! Do not give up on god my friend I could sit here and tell you my life's story and believe me you would think twice about your own.

I'll end with this. I'm going to pray for you the moment i hit the send button. I'm going to pray that god opens your heart and eyes so that you can truly see the plan that god has for you and not the foolish notion that you are forgotten and unloved. please heed my words and do the thing i suggested. good luck my friend and may god bless you :D

Upvote 0

Fay1979

May 4, 2010
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi my friend, please don't feel dishearten. What you are feeling and going through.... there are tons of Christians going through them right now as I am typing as well.

I also often asked myself on why others are having a better life than me, given more opportunity and all those stuff... but then I understand that different people will follow a different path in life through God. A lot of things that happened, happened for a reason. The most important thing is to at the very least... keep the faith in Christ.... for He will never leave you.

Keep your faith, when you look back in life some years later, you might very well know the plan God have for you.

Stay strong.

Upvote 0