Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't like it. My brother smokes and it makes him and his house smell bad. Even if I go over for a short time I have to wash my clothes and take a shower when I get back home because the smell of smoke saturates me and I can't stand it. I've often wondered why people will willingly do something that in anyother situation will kill you. When you get caught in a burning building , smoke inhaltion is bad so why would someone do it just because they can? A high school teacher of mine used to say:"Smoking won't send you to hell, but you'll sure smell like you've been there"

Upvote 0

Bartimaeus

Pardoned Rebel!
May 3, 2004
Standing in Grace!
Visit site
✟16,638.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
mina said:
I don't like it. My brother smokes and it makes him and his house smell bad. Even if I go over for a short time I have to wash my clothes and take a shower when I get back home because the smell of smoke saturates me and I can't stand it. I've often wondered why people will willingly do something that in anyother situation will kill you. When you get caught in a burning building , smoke inhaltion is bad so why would someone do it just because they can? A high school teacher of mine used to say:"Smoking won't send you to hell, but you'll sure smell like you've been there"
I love what your teacher said. I have to remember that one. :)
:clap:

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like smoking either. It stains one's teeth, gives them bad breath, putrifies the air, makes one's clothes smell bad, gives cancer a chance to set it, and its secondhand effects are just as worse.

My friends and family know that they are not to smoke around me (and only a few in each still do). I won't tolerate it in my future household just as it isn't tolerated at home currently.

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I used to smoke my self for 10 years almost. It was one of the most repulsive, discusting habit that I ever picked up.

The smell is awfull, you can never get rid of it.

And I personally would like to see them outlaw smoking in ALL public places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

renaistre

The mountains are calling...
Jan 15, 2004
Santa Clarita, CA
Visit site
✟2,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have never smoked, and I never will. For me, it's mainly because I have no desire to whatsoever, and I don't like the smell or health risks. As far as for other people, I generally don't like smoking in any form, but I don't mind cigars or pipes too much. I have even read that smoking a pipe can have some health benifits.

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Smoking is something I've struggled with for the last 10 years or so. I've quit on a number of occasions, going several months without a cigarette only to fall back into it for some stupid reason or another. I have no problems beating the physical addiction of nicotine, it's all psychological...
The thing about quitting smoking for me is rewiring the parts in my brain that respond to various triggers-- after a meal, having a glass of wine or a cup of coffee, hanging out with certain people, etc.-- so that those triggers are eliminated. Difficult, for sure, but it can be done! I was talking about quitting with my girlfriend the other day; we both fell back into the trap a few months ago, and are looking to help each other get out again...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

petedaman

Jul 2, 2004
Merseyside
✟7,656.00
Faith
Christian
do any of you get the feeling that smoking is an addiction just as much as drugs, gambling, alcohol and so.. a christian should not do it.
i feel that smoking is idolatry. why else do it, if you're not addicted (unless your a social smoker - to look cool (or so you think) )
smoking is showing that you are not in control of your own body...let alone God being in charge of it!
come off it people. its not big its not clever

what would jesus do? light a bifta? i think not

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

Wolc

Dec 13, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟198.00
Faith
Christian
I began smoking some when I was 13.. that is 8 years ago now.. Got saved at 16. After that I've tried to stop smoking many times. Once I managed 5 months without. But then I fell again. Another time 3 months.
I think that I'm the first one to admit how stupid I am. As I know the risks and do it anyway.
Even though I am a smoker myself I think that smoking is bad. It makes you stink, and your body reacts in all kinds of wierd ways to it.

1Co 3:16-17:
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are. "

Smoking is a way of destroying the body. So we shouldnt do it. That is a fact.
Just pray to God that he'll take away the desire to light another one. When the time comes I am sure that he will do just that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
mountainman1234 said:
i'm just interesting to hear what folks have to say about smoking. good, bad, ugly, sophisticated. lets not limit the discusion to cigarettes either. we are talking cigars and pipes here as well. i'll chime in later on my thoughts, but for now i just wanted to get some conversation going on the subject.
I think smoking is bad for you all around. It's bad for your health, bad breath, you smell like cigarettes, it's addicting, expensive, and it tasts nasty :sick: . why would people want to kill themselves slowly by smoking? My great grandpa died of lung cancer :sigh: because he smoked too much. I would never smoke and if see someone smoke I try to stay away because I don't want to inhale all that smoke :eek: .

Upvote 0

Kepa

Dec 27, 2003
Not here
Visit site
✟15,975.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
those who oppose smoking must also oppose fast foods/coke/sunlight/computers/microwaves/cellphones/etc. All other things that increases your chances of harming your body/lessening your life span. Really. Because that is your arguments against it. It harms you. =]

Upvote 0