Should men be allowed to walk around topless ?

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: 777Sloan
Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pardon me?
Was totally pulling your leg with all of that.. in case you thought I was so delusional as to attempt to tell the opposite sex how they should dress in regards to how I feel guilty from appreciating the human body and good fashion choices.

Ah, so it's a satirical thread. Nevermind, then.

It may be played in a satirical note, but the meaning lies in the principal, not the fact.

Basically, we are on the same side. :)

Phew.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I say absolutely not, mostly because I want to be a gentlewoman.
Anyway, the only reason they do is to attract attention. But then they get mad if they catch me staring at them because I can't avert my eyes from their pectoral muscles, or their hairy legs.

They should wear long sleeved, baggy clothes at all times, regardless of whether or not they are comfortable. Because I am a gentlewoman, and try my best not to look at exposed skin on a man.

I sense a satirical tone here. :D
_______

EDIT: That was before I looked at the rest of the thread so far; I am not that oblivious (most of the time). ^_^

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
You have guys who walk around in your area shirtless? I'm not in support of this. I'm quite a modest man myself.

I'm usually dressed in long-sleeve, but I don't oppose short sleeve. Sometimes I roll my sleeves up on a hot day, so it doesn't differentiate itself.

As for shorts, for me they must fall below the knee line, anything above I consider immodest and they should be baggy.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How I roll...

amish_man_coming_in_from_plowing.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Workman at my house asked if it would be ok for him to take his shirt off later. I said of course; he is working in 35 degrees at present, and it may well get hotter.

Doesn't bother me, but it was very sweet of him to ask first.

And, of course, he is drinking tea.

Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If men can be drafted to die for their country where women are not, allowing men to wear short shorts or allowing them to choose not to wear a shirt, are matters one would hope not too excessively extreme for finer gentlewomanly tastes.

If they do change the draft registration requirements, would your opinion change?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
If men can be drafted to die for their country where women are not, allowing men to wear short shorts or allowing them to choose not to wear a shirt, are matters one would hope not too excessively extreme for finer gentlewomanly tastes.

REALLY? the fact that men simply REGISTER since there is no draft and hasn't been in over 40 years? Women are serving and dying in the military as we speak. Do we have a different standard for the men that won't qualify to serve even if they registered?

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
If it is simply about being too hot, then women should be allowed the same freedom. Women get hot too. However, I think covering up is more hygienic (less likely to share your body fluids) and provides protection from the sun and elements. There is a reason why shirts are required attire in restaurants.

Reactions: MotherFirefly
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have guys who walk around in your area shirtless? I'm not in support of this. I'm quite a modest man myself.

No casually walking around, but it's not uncommon to see them running or even doing yard work shirtless. At the beach or swimming, 99% of guys are shirtless. I believe that while it is technically legal for a man to just walk down the street topless, a woman would get charged with indecent exposure for it.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I was a kid I always wished I was a boy so I could run around shirtless too.

Maybe some day, in a reality where we become much less conservative, and I am old and unenjoyable, I will be able to see my dream realized and frighten all of the young people.
:eheh:

Upvote 0