clear lake tx
Visit site
✟1,475.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Republican
BUSH PROTESTING MOM CALLS FOR 'ISRAEL OUT OF PALESTINE'; VOWS NOT TO PAY TAXES

Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine!

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3cs.htm

Her protest now are slowly evolving into antics which border along Anit-Americanism and aren't too far from being seditous. Is this a further attempt to win support with the far-leftist of this country? She already has Moore on her side, who is next? Soros, Franken???

At first, I had no problem with what she and others were doing until yesterday when I heard the complaints from locals that they are blocking the streets and causing too much traffic, one in particular from a man toting a gun while placing signs to keep off his property.

Now, I can't feel anything but resentment and anger for her latest actions, and I can only hope that she doesn't pay her Fed income so that she may wind up where she belongs, Federal Prison.

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Because she chose to include Israel in her anti-war stance, she now has the support of some well-know white supremacists, including David Duke.

Neo-Nazi Leader David Duke: Why Cindy Sheehan is Right!

(from David Duke's site:

Cindy Sheehan, a mother who lost a son in the Iraq War, is determined to prevent other mothers and fathers from experiencing the same loss.
Courageously she has gone to Texas near the ranch of President Bush and braved the elements and a hostile Jewish supremacist media to demand a meeting with him and a good explanation why her son and other’s sons and daughters must die and be disfigured in a war for Israel rather than for America.

Recently, she had the courage to state the obvious that her son signed up in the military to protect America not to die for Israel.

In a recent letter to “Nightline,” she wrote the following hard-hitting words:

Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full-well that my son, my family, this nation, and this world were betrayed by George [W.] Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agenda after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy…not for the real reason, because the Arab-Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy. That hasn’t changed since America invaded and occupied Iraq…in fact it has gotten worse.

(snip)

We stand with Cindy Sheehan and the memory of her son which should spur all truly patriotic Americans to demand an end to this war for Israel, this war against America, the Iraq War.

It is not Iraq’s borders that need protecting, it is the American border with Mexico!
Support our troops…bring them home!
Let them protect America and not die for Israel.
Sincerely,
David Duke

(Excerpt) Read more at: http://www.davidduke.com/index.php?p=350

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
one love said:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3cs.htm

Her protest now are slowly evolving into antics which border along Anit-Americanism and aren't too far from being seditous.

Explain how calling for impeachment (something people on this forum have done) and not paying taxes is "anti-American" and "seditous"?

She has a pretty strong position on these issue, one that has been formed through personal experience and loss. And it happens to be one that is different to yours, but that doesn't make her anti-American.

She'll probably discover that civil disobedience in the form of withholding tax is not as effective as she hoped, but that's just a matter of law really.

Upvote 0
T

the_cheat

People who don't cite sources and aren't eyewitnesses aren't credible. That's my number one problem with Drudge. I'd be interested to know how he got Sheehan's email, and how he verified that it was genuine, but of course he'll never reveal that.

MaryS said:
Because she chose to include Israel in her anti-war stance, she now has the support of some well-know white supremacists, including David Duke.

Oh, what a cheap shot. In that she criticizes Israeli policy, she's also in the same boat as the Pope and Neturei Karta and like a zillion other people of varying levels of credibility. It's a pretty big boat.

Upvote 0

one love

Dec 17, 2003
clear lake tx
Visit site
✟1,475.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Republican
Sycophant said:
Explain how calling for impeachment (something people on this forum have done) and not paying taxes is "anti-American" and "seditous"?

She has a pretty strong position on these issue, one that has been formed through personal experience and loss. And it happens to be one that is different to yours, but that doesn't make her anti-American.

She'll probably discover that civil disobedience in the form of withholding tax is not as effective as she hoped, but that's just a matter of law really.

I never said it was, I said it bordered on said adjetives.
You can't protest outside the presidents ranch saying he needs to be impeached because of a war, claim you aren't going to pay your Fed, and want the US to end relations with an ally without having people make assumptions.

Now, if she were to go beyond this and speak out against our troops (just an example), that I would have no problem calling her seditous for. But hopefully she has a laptop out there with Wi-Fi and is able to read the various internet chat forums discussing her actions to realize that she would have to be stupid to go beyond this, because as of then she would be nothing more than a joke.

Sorry MaryS. I saw your post earlier but failed to think of it when I posted this.

EDIt: Frankly, her unwillingness to pay her Fed is nothing more than an indirect protest of saying she will not support the war. I can't quite interpret this as being purely against our soldiers, but one more outburst like these and I'll have no problem posting it and calling her seditous.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not paying her taxes is like cutting off her nose to spite her face....the same with standing out in 100* weather when you know you will not get a personal audience with the President.

But she has that right to protest... let the results of her actions be her own fault. What can you do?

Reactions: arnegrim
Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the_cheat said:
People who don't cite sources and aren't eyewitnesses aren't credible. That's my number one problem with Drudge. I'd be interested to know how he got Sheehan's email, and how he verified that it was genuine, but of course he'll never reveal that.

What email are you referring to? The David Duke one? That is on Duke's website... not Drudge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
unbelievable

Just a while ago the republicans called her a courageous patriot, but once she begins to question the war they try to smear her name. How disgusting--for anyone to participate in this smear campaign against her. Shame on them. This woman lost her son and has every right to question bush.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
fyodoros said:
please explain what is seditious, wacko, and un-american about her tactics/positions.

apparently, questioning bush and/or the war makes someone wacko, seditious and un-american.

I wonder how her son would feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

one love

Dec 17, 2003
clear lake tx
Visit site
✟1,475.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Republican
Halruaa said:
apparently, questioning bush and/or the war makes someone wacko, seditious and un-american.

Sheehan is different from most any protestor, and stop taking words out of context. No one is saying she is seditous or un-american.

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
the_cheat said:
Oh, what a cheap shot. In that she criticizes Israeli policy, she's also in the same boat as the Pope and Neturei Karta and like a zillion other people of varying levels of credibility. It's a pretty big boat.

She wasn't just criticizing Israel, she actually believes that her son died for Israel.

I guess she missed DNC Chairman Howard Dean's statement from a while back:

"As for any inferences that the United States went to war so Israel could 'dominate' the Middle East...let me say unequivocally that such statements are nothing but vile, anti-Semitic rhetoric," Dean said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=860517

People can criticize Israel, but if they are going to connect Israel with the war....they should have to tell it to Howard Dean so he can respond appropriately.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MaryS said:
People can criticize Israel, but if they are going to connect Israel with the war....they should have to tell it to Howard Dean so he can respond appropriately.

America's unwavering support of Israel is a commonly expressed grievance of 'terrorists' and certainly creates a certain hostility toward the US within the communities and groups who feel Israel's actions are unreasonable.

I imagine that the relationship between Israel and the US was a factor in the decision to bring war to Iraq and the Middle East in general. I wouldn't really suggest her son died for Israel, but I really don't think you can rule out the US/Israeli relationship when looking at the factors involved in the decision to go to war.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.