jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is there such thing as being too tolerant ? European countries are now allowing and tolerating "sharia patrols" to go out and harass europeans who are not following sharia in public ...

“Ultimately I want to see every single woman in this country covered from head-to-toe; I want to see the hand of the thief cut; I want to see adulterers stoned; I want to see Sharia in Europe, and I want to see it in America as well,” says "Sharia Patrol" member Abu Rumaysah in an eye-opening interview with CBS correspondent Clarissa Ward.

The streets of London are an “alternate reality” at night, says CBS correspondent Clarissa Ward: Western women are abused, men who dare to drink alcohol or gamble are harassed by Sharia patrols.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/sharia-patrols-harassing-citizens-london-belgium-sweden
http://www.mrctv.org/blog/sharia-patrols-harassing-citizens-london-belgium-sweden

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like to see them try that over here in NJ. They wouldn't get very far.
i think they are testing to see how much they can get away with testing the boundaries some places are tolerating it some are challenging it each community i guess has to decide what they will put up with if they want to live in that environment and accept it .

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the United Kingdom, there was a proposal to brand critics of Sharia Law as “extremists.” Yet in the United States, Beth Van Duyne — the mayor of Irving, Texas, — opposed a group of Muslims trying to establish a Sharia Court, stating their law does not supersede U.S. law. Its hard to imagine any secular society tolerating this and unless there are laws against insult i would be surprised if its tolerated harassment isnt free speech.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
heres the website for the Islamic Tribunal in Texas that was shut down since it was obviously unconstitutional but we need to stay vigilant every time these efforts to install islamic sharia law are tried
http://www.islamictribunal.org/

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Is there such thing as being too tolerant ?
Yep.

Behaviors that are destructive to society generally become unlawful once recognized as such.
European countries are now allowing and tolerating "sharia patrols" to go out and harass europeans who are not following sharia in public ...
We have an opportunity to learn from the failed European experiment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is what happens when liberalism takes over a country. Evil men get to run free and takeover. How's that bleeding heart working for ya?
Evil conservatives take over you mean.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian, do you see a difference?

As a Christian, I'd have to point out that doing "the devil's work" and doing "Allah's" work are one in the same, since Islam is yet another one of Satan's many deceptions. Satan's a bit more blatant with Islam, though. Just compare eschatologies between the Christian Bible and the Qu'ran sometime.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a Christian, do you see a difference?
Paul wrote the letter to the Corinthians. This is not in dispute whether one is an Atheist or Christian. Corinth was one of the most depraved cities of the ancient world...yet nowhere does Paul advocate a "Lets clean up Corinth for Jesus" Campaign.

Actually he is concerned with what is going on INSIDE the church.

What a shock! Unregenerate heathens acting as if they were...unregenerate heathens. [/sarcasm]

You simply do not see such an effort in the New Testament record amongst the Christian community.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian, I'd have to point out that doing "the devil's work" and doing "Allah's" work are one in the same, since Islam is yet another one of Satan's many deceptions. Satan's a bit more blatant with Islam, though. Just compare eschatologies between the Christian Bible and the Qu'ran sometime.

So, as a Christian, there's really no difference between these "sharia patrols" and the average street gang.

Upvote 0