Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't believe it. Some young punk girl at the movie theater asked me if I was a senior citizen. I burst out laughing and I'm sure I offended someone. That does it. I'm shaving and maybe get a trim on my hair. Senior cit I think not. (which is almost as bad as being carded as if I were 20.)

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I shaved the beard. I'm also reminded of a couple of guys who were four or five years younger than I. They were all like, "Some day when I'm your age . . ."

A waitress asked one guy I know what his mother would like. (it was his wife)

Reactions: hopesprings
Upvote 0

DavetheSlave

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2016
Idaho USA
✟46,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I can't wait! I'm going to complain about everything (especially prices!) and say "what?" at the end of a salesperson's long explanation. I'm going to ask for discounts everywhere I go, and gripe about the "music that young people listen to these days". ;-). (My wife says I'm a curmudgeon. I tell her it takes one to know).

Reactions: hopesprings
Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I shaved the beard. I'm also reminded of a couple of guys who were four or five years younger than I. They were all like, "Some day when I'm your age . . ."

A waitress asked one guy I know what his mother would like. (it was his wife)

:eek:

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
What's a bit absurd to me is when a fortysomething or fiftysomething gets a "senior discount" on something based solely on "a few visible gray hairs" despite having a fairly young-looking face. And most of the time, it seems like the cashiers (or whoever) who make these assumptions are kids (usually teens and early 20s) who just think everyone is "old".

I mean, I admit I would jump at the chance to pay a little less than full price for whatever I might be purchasing (hey, who wouldn't?), but it couldn't hurt for workers to at least ask the consumers before making silly assumptions. When it comes to senior discounts, I don't really think I need them until I really am a senior. I am in my early 40s - not extremely young by any means - but I have a few to go before my "golden years", I think.

Sorry for the rant.

Upvote 0