Senator makes a mockery of Roberts hearing.

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
xMinionX said:
That's not what we're discussing right now. We're discussing Coburn, not Kennedy, Biden, or Leahy.

...while we bounce Coburn thru the grinder, we ingore the Demacrats (again).

I am starting to see a pattern. ;)

Upvote 0

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MethodMan said:
...while we bounce Coburn thru the grinder, we ingore the Demacrats (again).

I am starting to see a pattern. ;)

You're free to start a thread discussing the 'Demacrats.' This one is for a discussion of Coburn.

And for the record, when your defense of a senator consists of "Well, look at those other guys," you should really stop and re-evaluate just why you're defending him.

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
xMinionX said:
You're free to start a thread discussing the 'Demacrats.' This one is for a discussion of Coburn.

And for the record, when your defense of a senator consists of "Well, look at those other guys," you should really stop and re-evaluate just why you're defending him.

Funny - I wasn't even denfending anyone. Just asked a question. Sorry for getting in the middle of this slime party.

Upvote 0

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
xMinionX said:

Also, where is your source method man? I don't feel inclined to just believe what you say regarding democrats.

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I would love to see a limit put on the Senate and House. No more than two terms in a row. They can run over and over again but not serve more than two in a row. These guys are all so secure and complasant in their "jobs". Most don't even try to get reelected they just do because no one runs against them anymore.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:
They were all gone at the same time? How come the Rebublican Senators were able to hang around?

Leahy & Kennedy were notably abscent for Grassly's 30 minutes.
I honestly don't know where they were. I'd be interested in finding out. I'd like to know that it was important enough to them to miss part of the hearings.

For the record, if a Dem senator was doing a crossword or some other present-in-body-only activity I'd chastise them too. Truthfully, I'd rather a senator not be present than be half-heartedly present. Not being there says that I have other matters to attend to. Doing a crossword puzzle says that this isn't important enough for me to pay attention

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I <3 Abraham said:
Also, where is your source method man? I don't feel inclined to just believe what you say regarding democrats.

video ff to 3:11 they pan back - not a Democrat in the house.

A couple Republicans missing too.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
MethodMan said:
So why is it ok for Kennedy, Biden & Leahy continually leave the hearing while Republican Senators are questioning Roberts?

Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now. Maybe they should watch the comercial.^_^

or Maybe it's miller time?

Maybe a Senate drinking game?
Evertime they say_____, they have to drink?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
DentalMac said:
I'm part of that 80%. I wasn't there because I was working, unlike some people...4 letter word beginning with W...

The crossword isn't the worst of it. The senator gave a tearful speach in which he said we need "less mindless partisanship which at times sounds almost hateful to the ear of Americans."

Too bad he forgot that he said:

"The gay community is the greatest threat to our freedom that we face today."

"I favor the death penalty for abortionists."

The senator's tearfull call for less partisanship "is a HUGE MISNOMER!!! "

I have two jobs and a full college course schedule, and I don't fall into that 80%. Having a job is not a reason to not pay attention.

I think this is nothing more than a tempest in a teacup.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Neverstop said:
I have two jobs and a full college course schedule, and I don't fall into that 80%. Having a job is not a reason to not pay attention.

Man bless your heart. You don't have much rest now do you! :sigh:

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
JPPT1974 said:
Man bless your heart. You don't have much rest now do you! :sigh:

Staying this busy actually helps more than anything, and I have horrible insomnia so the schedule helps make sure I can never say, "Geez, wish I had something to do." :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DentalMac

Jul 28, 2003
✟237.00
Faith
Atheist
Neverstop said:
In any case, the guy has shown more interest than 80% of America by simply being there and participating. Most Americans are completely clueless as to the significance of this and the next nomination.

DentalMac said:
I'm part of that 80%. I wasn't there because I was working, unlike some people...4 letter word beginning with W...

Neverstop said:

Perhaps I read your OP in a hurry. I read the that as being there. I do pay attention as evidenced by the two quotes I listed. I consider myself well informed.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
DentalMac said:
Perhaps I read your OP in a hurry. I read the that as being there. I do pay attention as evidenced by the two quotes I listed. I consider myself well informed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I should have emphasized the "interested" part and not the "being there." Obviously, not all of us could be there, but most all of us, if not ALL of us who have the net have access to the hearings.

I would love for Jay Leno to do one of those "Jay Walking" bits and ask people on the street, "What's happening with that John Roberts guy?"

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
xMinionX said:
That's not what we're discussing right now. We're discussing Coburn, not Kennedy, Biden, or Leahy.

Good point! And I suggest that Coburn keep a crossword puzzle handy so that he has something to do when Kennedy, Biden, Leahy, or any of the obstructionist Democrats go way off topic to try to prolong the hearing process.
I listened to parts of the hearing and some of the talk from the left has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Perhaps a portable gaming device would be more appropriate than a crossword puzzle.

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
I would love for Jay Leno to do one of those "Jay Walking" bits and ask people on the street, "What's happening with that John Roberts guy?"

The "Jay Walking" always reveals some of the real ignorance or lack of education of many Americans. I couldn't believe that someone actually picked the Revolutionary War as the first war we used fighter jets in....that should have been too obviously wrong.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
The OP is a HUGE MISNOMER!!! How many people have been to government procedure hearings? There is a LOT of down time. It's not like the guy was working on it DURING the hearing.

In any case, the guy has shown more interest than 80% of America by simply being there and participating. Most Americans are completely clueless as to the significance of this and the next nomination.

Excellent points!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0