Senator makes a mockery of Roberts hearing.

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MaryS said:
Good point! And I suggest that Coburn keep a crossword puzzle handy so that he has something to do when Kennedy, Biden, Leahy, or any of the obstructionist Democrats go way off topic to try to prolong the hearing process.
I listened to parts of the hearing and some of the talk from the left has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Perhaps a portable gaming device would be more appropriate than a crossword puzzle.
xMinionX said:
That's not what we're discussing right now. We're discussing Coburn, not Kennedy, Biden, or Leahy.

Upvote 0

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MaryS said:
Sorry, xMinonx, but it's not fair to discuss Senator Coburn's actions or anyone elses without understanding what's going on around them.

I can accept that. But that's not what was happening. People were defending him by pointing out errors being made by other senators in the room. Whether Senator Kennedy was spouting off at the mouth is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
theeyesoftammyfaye said:
tom coburn is an idiot. as an oklahoman, i am APPALLED that he was elected. some of the comments he made while campaigning were not only asinine, but also down-right hillbilly and/or hypocritical. and his crossword puzzle playing during questioning of the man bu$h nominated to the supreme court (as chief justice, nonetheless) shows exactly how moronic this man is.

oh well, i didn't vote for him =)

Did you see the Daliy show last night when they showed his choked up speech :o about divisivess and then John Stewart launched into a mock crying jag of except if you are this or that based on Coburn's own statements? It was priceless. :D

Upvote 0

Billy Batson

Nov 15, 2004
jesusland :'(
✟1,009.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
you kids are way to partisan. coburn was in the wrong for doing the crossword puzzle. you may be offended those "obstructionist" democrats were asking questions other than lip service, but those questions have relavance. i'm sorry if you find the proceedings boring, but it's the judiciary committee and the man who will be the next chief justice, but to some of us, the proceedings are greatly interesting and are of significance. coburn ought to be ashamed of himself but then again he's probably not smart enough to know most of the judicial references that are brought up by both democrats and republicans. and those "obstructionist" democrats aren't the only ones asking the tough questions. arlene specter was off the bat, asking directly about roe v. wade, and him being a republican, supports abortion rights.

Upvote 0

Billy Batson

Nov 15, 2004
jesusland :'(
✟1,009.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
MaryS said:
Sorry, xMinonx, but it's not fair to discuss Senator Coburn's actions or anyone elses without understanding what's going on around them.
and what was going on around him? a hearing on one of the most important seats in government.

Upvote 0