Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey indicted on federal bribery charges (ETA: FARA charges added)

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and his wife have been indicted on federal bribery charges offenses, Justice Department officials announced Friday morning.

Menendez and his wife, Nadine Menendez, allegedly accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars of bribes from New Jersey business executives in exchange for using the senator’s power and influence to help them, according to the indictment.

Federal prosecutors had previously tried Menendez on separate federal corruption charges. That trial ended in November 2017 with a deadlocked jury. The senator won reelection in 2018.

The indictment ties Menendez and his wife to three business executives: Wael Hana, Jose Uribe and real estate developer Fred Daibes, all of whom also are charged.

“Over $480,000 in cash—much of it stuffed into envelopes and hidden in clothing, closets, and a safe—was discovered in the home

indictment

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and his wife have been indicted on federal bribery charges offenses, Justice Department officials announced Friday morning.

Menendez and his wife, Nadine Menendez, allegedly accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars of bribes from New Jersey business executives in exchange for using the senator’s power and influence to help them, according to the indictment.

Federal prosecutors had previously tried Menendez on separate federal corruption charges. That trial ended in November 2017 with a deadlocked jury. The senator won reelection in 2018.

The indictment ties Menendez and his wife to three business executives: Wael Hana, Jose Uribe and real estate developer Fred Daibes, all of whom also are charged.

“Over $480,000 in cash—much of it stuffed into envelopes and hidden in clothing, closets, and a safe—was discovered in the home

indictment

Deadlocked jury in New Jersey.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Lock 'em up!

But you have to wonder why they're not locking up half of congress for the same thing. This dude just got caught I guess. Most of it seems pretty out in the open though.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
We have the best government money can buy. And it has.

Ever wonder why everyone in Congress seems rich?
With all of the dark money now allowed in politics, if a Congress person doesn't become rich after being there for a few years, they are either REALLY bad at it or they are not corruptible.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the saying goes, power corrupts. It sounds like the DOJ case is strong:

"Prosecutors say Mr Menendez and his wife accepted gold bars and envelopes of cash from New Jersey businessmen.
The senator and his wife accepted the money to "benefit the government of Egypt", prosecutors claim.
The charges come after a years-long Justice Department investigation.
The pair each face three criminal counts: conspiracy to commit bribery, conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, and conspiracy to commit extortion under color of official right.

Prosecutors allege Mr Menendez and his wife Nadine accepted bribes including cash, gold, payments toward a home mortgage and a luxury vehicle from three New Jersey men: Wael Hana, Jose Uribe and Fred Daibes.

They did so in exchange for using Mr Menendez's influence and power as a senator to protect the three businessmen and to benefit the government of Egypt, according to the indictment.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Well, I think it got broken in the Citizens United decision.
Yep. The Supreme Court did this, and now we discover all of the dark money flowing to Supreme Court justices in the form of extravagant trips, buying family members homes and letting family staying rent free....They sold out the country to the highest briber bidder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. The Supreme Court did this, and now we discover all of the dark money flowing to Supreme Court justices in the form of extravagant trips, buying family members homes and letting family staying rent free....They sold out the country to the highest briber bidder.
Why is this different than Biden’s family members being paid millions? Free rent seems trivial in comparison

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why is this different than Biden’s family members being paid millions? Free rent seems trivial in comparison
And Jared and Ivanka gets paid billions!

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
There it is! We cant get off of the first page before the Biden's are mentioned....The Biden's are in republican's heads!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Because they have the actual stuffed envelopes of cash and gold bars they received and who they received it from and for what. They don't have that for Biden.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because they have the actual stuffed envelopes of cash and gold bars they received and who they received it from and for what. They don't have that for Biden.
They have records of the transactions but I was responding to the comment about the Supreme Court’s family members. They haven’t gotten any gold bars or envelopes full of cash either.
I haven’t seen where the Menendez family is involved other than his wife.

Upvote 0