Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't assume that allowing gay relationships opens the way for pedophilia. I'm showing you your own logic.

Ah yes, your (flawed) "understanding" of my logic.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Ah yes, your (flawed) "understanding" of my logic.
How is it flawed? It follows exactly.

You believe that allowing gay marriages will somehow provide justification for inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophilia in marriage.

If you think that then how would you not think that allowing gay relationships would provide justification for inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophile relationships?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How is it flawed? It follows exactly.

You believe that allowing gay marriages will somehow provide justification for inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophilia in marriage.

It's not your place to dictate my beliefs.

If you think that then how would you not think that allowing gay relationships would provide justification for inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophile relationships?

Why ask me? Let the pedophiles speak for themselves:
http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/07/it-begins-pedophiles-call-for-same-rights-as-homosexuals/

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
It's not your place to dictate my beliefs.
I am not dictating your beliefs - I am pointing out that your beliefs are inconsistent.

If you're against legalising gay marriages for the reason that they open the door to inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophile relationships then you should also be against legalising gay relationships for the same reason.

I don't really care what they think.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am not dictating your beliefs - I am pointing out that your beliefs are inconsistent.

If you're against legalising gay marriages for the reason that they open the door to inappropriate behavior with animals and pedophile relationships then you should also be against legalising gay relationships for the same reason.

Fine, I'm in favor of making gay relationships illegal. Happy?

I don't really care what they think.

Why not? Don't you want to hear about how those who love someone should be allowed to without interference from government or anyone else who doesn't share their views?

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Fine, I'm in favor of making gay relationships illegal. Happy?
No. Because that means you're in favour of totalitarianism.

But you are consistent. Do you genuinely believe that now?

Why not? Don't you want to hear about how those who love someone should be allowed to without interference from government or anyone else who doesn't share their views?
Children cannot provide informed consent. Just like animals.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. Because that means you're in favour of totalitarianism.

I see. So in your view, I'm either in favor of pedophiles and those who molest animals, or I'm in favor of totalitarianism. Sounds like you just can't be pleased.

Children cannot provide informed consent. Just like animals.

Doesn't matter in the case for animals. They are possessions, just as a slave was during the time that was legal.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I see. So in your view, I'm either in favor of pedophiles and those who molest animals, or I'm in favor of totalitarianism. Sounds like you just can't be pleased.
No. I don't believe that being in favour of gay marriage and gay relationships means you're in favour of opening the door to pedophilia. That's your claim (the former certainly is and the latter should be if you're consistent).

I was basically making the point that your argument against homosexual marriages here is bogus. Pedophiles will appeal for children-adult relationships regardless of whether or not homosexual marriage is legal.

But truly, do you actually believe now (as I spelled out your logic for you) that homosexual relationships should be illegal?

Doesn't matter in the case for animals. They are possessions, just as a slave was during the time that was legal.
We already restrict what pet owners can do with their animals. If I start torturing my animal I can be prosecuted and jailed.

By your logic allowing ownership of animals is a slippery slope towards inappropriate behavior with animals.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was basically making the point that your argument against homosexual marriages here is bogus. Pedophiles will appeal for children-adult relationships regardless of whether or not homosexual marriage is legal.

If you would actually read the material at the link I gave you, you will see that it's because of SSM being legalized that pedophiles are using the same tactics to get their own way. If you're not willing to read the material I show you, then you're not worth discussing this with any further.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
If you would actually read the material at the link I gave you, you will see that it's because of SSM being legalized that pedophiles are using the same tactics to get their own way. If you're not willing to read the material I show you, then you're not worth discussing this with any further.
They will use whatever they can. Be it SSM and without it appeal to relationships in general.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

Sorry folks, this thread is closed. The site rules include:
Homosexuality may not be promoted* on Christian Forums. Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

It can't be discussed here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.