Georgia
✟9,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure that this is the place for this thread but I'm in some serious need of advice.
My husband and I have recently finished college. It's a huge accomplishment for the both of us considering where we've come from. We are the parents of two beautiful children. A 4 year old little boy and a 1 year old little girl.

My husband and I have been keeping two children off and on for the last 6 years (decisions of their parents). My husband helped to raise his two teenage sisters as well. We both grew up in difficult backgrounds and have overcome many obstacles in life regarding abuse and neglect.

My husband struggled dealing with alcoholic and drug addict parents and becoming the responsible sibling. He grew up, joined the Air Force, served his time and worked for a few years before going to college.

I grew up with physical, sexual, and verbal abuse. I was adopted by family but when they divorced and things went awry my sisters and I ended up in a group home where I spent my teenage years. I moved out and went to college when I turned 18.

My husband and I met our second day of college, got engaged on our 4 month anniversary of dating and got married 10 months to the day that we met.
I know. Sounds like a fairy tale. . . And in many ways it is.

Now that we are at the next step in our lives we are searching for where God wants us to go. We feel lead to become houseparents (for those that don't know what this is, it's a parental figure that runs an individual home within a group home. This person lives with the children. Almost like an orphanage.)

Despite what we have both been through we want to show children that they can choose to change their lives. We want to share the love and joy of our lives with those that don't have parents to teach and guide them through life. Most of all we want to show them the love of Christ.

We want to follow where we feel that God is leading us. Right now we are currently looking into applying for houseparent positions in various places. But we aren't having much luck as we don't even know where to start or how to apply. We know that we want to stay in the United States mainland but other than that we feel like we are starting with a blank canvas and no artist.

I feel lost and confused because I've always been afraid of change. Not so much the change but the uncertainty that comes with it. I know what God wants me to do. . . I just don't know where He wants me to do it.

Can anyone help us find different homes to apply to? Where do I begin looking? How do I start?

The list of questions goes on and on.

What do you think?:confused::confused::confused::crossrc::crossrc::crossrc::pray::pray::pray:

S

StormHawk

We want to follow where we feel that God is leading us. Right now we are currently looking into applying for houseparent positions in various places. But we aren't having much luck as we don't even know where to start or how to apply. We know that we want to stay in the United States mainland but other than that we feel like we are starting with a blank canvas and no artist.
Jesus says seek first the kingdom of heaven & all the things that the
gentiles seek will be added.
So, make sure you are in God's will & he will direct your path.
He wants you be an active member of the church he set up.
We aim to be faithful to that, please give our Ga. contact a call.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 3:15 AMP
And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state to which as members of Christ's one body you were also called to live. And be thankful (appreciative), giving praise to God always.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
On that same site, I have also seen jobs that are similar, coming under headings of semi-permanent camps. You might also find it under orphanages, overseas jobs (not what you're describing).

It sounds like a great idea! Sometimes when people try to do things more normally, they find an empty spot where they used to feel more purposeful. Taking care of your own needs sometime creates more needs.

I had some friends who did what you describe in the early years of their marriage. It was tough, but they laughed about the bad parts and I think it pulled them together as a couple.
Also know some foster parents, and was a little involved in one foster experience.

You'd want to be selective about which opportunity you take, having little children of their own. Keeping them safe is your priority.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another possibility is children being adopted, especially those from serious violence in another country. Saddening painful past events can create this neverending hunger and drive to succeed, and when Christ is spiritually united in each of our hearts, there is a unity so supernaturally strong, that every new Christian who has accepted Christ as each day comes forward, closer and closer towards the certainty of time when Jesus returns -
Satan's spiritual war and attack on our lives will lose it's power of victory since God the Father and Jesus Christ know Satan's future defeat and there is no human genius or supercomputer that would stop time in it's track to avoid that fateful day when Jesus returns .;'*';.
:liturgy:

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Don't give up, you may have to work different type of jobs
until something comes available in the house-parenting position
you are seeking...things are tight job-wise.

I did a lot of other type of work before I got hired in the career
I was seeking.... I kept applying for the type of job I wanted until
one came available.

Press on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟9,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you guys so much. Some of these sites have come in handy. Although we haven't found a definite place we are still looking. We have had a few inquiries call us and we do have a couple of places that look promising. We are extremely excited to serve GOD this way. We are praying for His guidance and will be done in our lives. . . Again thank you. We really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟9,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sat down to do my devotions tonight. Generally I start by listening to a few songs from my "christian music" playlist. The first song I listen to is "Lead me to the cross." and it starts off
"Savior I come, Quiet my soul. Remember. Redemption's hill where your blood was spilled for my ransom. Everything I once held dear I count it all as loss. Lead me to the cross where your love poured out. Bring me to my knees LORD I lay me down. Rid me of myself I belong to you. Oh lead me. Lead me to the cross."

For some reason tonight I put my player on shuffle. The next song to play was "While I'm waiting" and it starts off "I'm waiting. I'm waiting on YOU LORD and I am hopeful. I'm waiting on YOU LORD though it is painful but patiently I will wait. I will move ahead bold and confident. Taking every step in OBEDIENCE. While I'm waiting. I will serve YOU. While I'm waiting I will worship. While I'm waiting I will not fade. I'll be running the race even while I wait. I'm waiting. I'm waiting on YOU LORD and I am peaceful. I'm waiting on YOU LORD though it's not easy. No, But faithfully I will wait. Yes I will wait."

Ever get that feeling that GOD is trying to tell you something? Tonight I definitely did.

For the last 6 years I've felt "stuck in limbo" as my husband would say. I feel like I have done NOTHING to serve the Lord here. I have been so discouraged in my faith because we can't find a church. . . But patiently (or rather very impatiently) I am waiting and trying to find my space where the FATHER wants me to serve. Anyone else ever feel this way?

We have two interviews in the next two weeks with group homes. Anyone want to shed some light on what the do's and don'ts are as far as interviews go?

Again. Thanks for all your help. We really appreciate it.

Upvote 0