scriptures that illuminated your mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin1

Jan 3, 2007
Louisiana
✟15,488.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When through the Holy Spirit I was able to see who Jesus really was, I remember reading the verse where Jesus told the 12 "Let us go up to Jerusalem, for the Son of Man must suffer many things there". To me, I clearly see the diety of Jesus when He referred to Himself as the Son of Man.

I also love the verses where Jesus tells the Samaritan woman "If you knew who it was who said to you give me a drink, you would have asked Him, and He would have given you the living water."

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

It has been my life verse since early Christianhood. As a drunkard, liar, rotten individual who was having an affair with a married woman (I was single), this verse really stood out for me.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Col 3:1 –Col 3:4 NKJV
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

This passage seemed to give me the big picture when I was working through some issues with blinders on..

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
a few for me, helping me see what the Christian life is all about...

Matthew 6:33a
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness"

Hebrews 12:2
"looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Galatians 3:3
"Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.