Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Meanwhile, campus chapters of Palestinian student groups—including at campuses like Ohio State and Harvard University—issued congratulatory statements and insisting that Israelis deserved this (the Harvard statement was co-signed by more than two dozen student groups). Campus officials who’ve been so deeply concerned of late about nuanced microaggressions were here confronted with a vicious case of macroaggression, one that involved campus members cheering a direct threat to Israeli exchange students, any student or faculty member with relations in Israel, and, more generally, Jewish members of the campus community.
And how did college leaders respond? Mostly with silence.
Taxpayer money should be cut off to every tax-receiving university involved.

Reactions: Hazelelponi

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Taxpayer money should be cut off to every tax-receiving university involved.
Cancel Culture, this time for political speech?

This goes along with the War on Education in general.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cancel Culture, this time for political speech?

This goes along with the War on Education in general.
Cancel culture is alive and well at universities. Any group promoting violence or racism should not be supported with taxpayer funding.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cancel culture is alive and well at universities.
And absolutely thriving among conservatives.

Any group promoting violence or racism should not be supported with taxpayer funding.
Zionists included?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. This is called freedom of speech. Get used to it.
Nope. Taxpayers do not have to pay for threats to kill anyone. This is still America. If the person is a not a citizen they also should be quickly deported.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Taxpayers do not have to pay for threats to kill anyone. This is still America. If the person is a not a citizen they also should be quickly deported.
The link mentioned no threats to kill anyone. Are you making that part up?

Besides, dear former leader also made death threats, and his followers sent him cash.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why should anyone expect students attending colleges or universities to somehow possess better moral compasses than the rest of the human race? And especially if said colleges are located in the United States?

This violence has been occurring for thousands of years with opponents and proponents, akin to a violent, never ending game of pong...I have no business involving myself in any fashion. The book of Proverbs I've been reading seems to confirm my view. I can feel empathy for both the Israeli and Palestinian people affected by the violence.

The fact that humans' moral compasses are broken does not need illuminating to those with eyes that see and ears that hear.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why should anyone expect students attending colleges or universities to somehow possess better moral compasses than the rest of the human race? And especially if said colleges are located in the United States?

This violence has been occurring for thousands of years with opponents and proponents, akin to a violent, never ending game of pong...I have no business involving myself in any fashion. The book of Proverbs I've been reading seems to confirm my view. I can feel empathy for both the Israeli and Palestinian people affected by the violence.

The fact that humans' moral compasses are broken does not need illuminating to those with eyes that see and ears that hear.
My point is a conservative one--bad behavior should not be rewarded. I know it is not woke. Let them pay their own tuition, whether it be Nazis or KKK, taxpayer money should not be used to fund such individuals or groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,644.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A litmus test for financial aid? Please. There are enough book banners, history deniers, and anti-science elements agitating that pretty soon only homeschooled Bible Belters might qualify.
Keep learning suppressors out of education.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A litmus test for financial aid? Please. There are enough book banners, history deniers, and anti-science elements agitating that pretty soon only homeschooled Bible Belters might qualify.
Keep learning suppressors out of education.
Yes, a litmus test for all taxpayer dollars. Joe is not a king.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Vivek Ramaswamy had the right attitude towards this: it's college, people are expected to experiment with different viewpoints. Sometimes those viewpoints may be extreme or wrong. Hopefully, they develope more nuanced viewpoints as they get older.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Vivek Ramaswamy had the right attitude towards this: it's college, people are expected to experiment with different viewpoints. Sometimes those viewpoints may be extreme or wrong. Hopefully, they develope more nuanced viewpoints as they get older.
Not with my taxpayer dollars, not paying for Nazis.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I really like Vivek but it's seeming more and more like people are carrying these extreme views with them even though adulthood.

Wasn't it one of those weather underground people from the 60's that was at least at one point heavily involved in BLM?

While there is some measure of experimentation in youth, these Marxist ideologies seem to stick, and stick often with violence.

It is a concern that our modern college (education as a whole) experience is indoctrination into communism - they aren't churning out wholesome, productive citizens they are more and more just producing little terrorists who blame anyone close for any perceived "injustice", whether warranted or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I really like Vivek but it's seeming more and more like people are carrying these extreme views with them even though adulthood.

Wasn't it one of those weather underground people from the 60's that was at least at one point heavily involved in BLM?

While there is some measure of experimentation in youth, these Marxist ideologies seem to stick, and stick often with violence.

It is a concern that our modern college (education as a whole) experience is indoctrination into communism - they aren't churning out wholesome, productive citizens they are more and more just producing little terrorists who blame anyone close for any perceived "injustice", whether warranted or not.

The proper response is to have a campus where a variety of viewpoints are present and debated. That's been part of a tradition in western countries since the middle ages.

Espousing radical politics in regards to Israel shouldn't be off-limits at the university level.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The proper response is to have a campus where a variety of viewpoints are present and debated. That's been part of a tradition in western countries since the middle ages.

Espousing radical politics in regards to Israel shouldn't be off-limits at the university level.
Many times conservatives are banned from speaking. They could start there.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The proper response is to have a campus where a variety of viewpoints are present and debated. That's been part of a tradition in western countries since the middle ages

I believe that stopped occuring in total in the US.

They first started protesting anyone with a different view and then stopped people with varying views from speaking on campuses at all.

Now they've gone radical.

If there was balance that would be fine - I've always been pro learning about other views, but I think balance ended on college campuses, period, and we are faced with a highly radicalized younger population.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean like the ones Rep family members are getting if their spouse doesn't vote for Jordan?

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0