Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
He who would be like the Christ must study of his life and works and get the correct image of the man he is following. So the graphic image of the Christ is most important!

So, by studying His life and works you get a graphic image of how physically appealing Jesus must be?? How does that go with this
(Isa 53:2) For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

But not to worry---if you do not like the way Jesus actually looks, you won't have to spend eternity with Him. He will not have anyone with Him who doesn't like Him as He is. And if, by some chance, He should look like that insulting image---you simply will not be there to be insulted by His appearance. Personally, I don't care if He looks like the elephant man---who by the way, was a very kind, gentle, loving soul. God looks upon the heart--what does yours look like?? Can He stand to look at you? Or does the ugliness of your soul offend Him?

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,173.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Christ could have looked like Leonard Nimoy...
69c2857d9bc8ee5b18a2053f8f12f4c1.jpg

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I must say that I have never had a problem with an image of Jesus with those of whom this site considers Orthodox. But with the science version I am like... Who is this guy?

An Orthodox image of the Christ, all reverently done up!
Christus.jpg

So you prefer pretty trappings to the truth... yes, we got that.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the OP still wont even acknowledge the fact that the picture in the OP isn't supposed to be Jesus, huh? Is that because you're so invested in the "insult" (something you still can't explain how it is insulting) that to do so would collapse the whole house of cards you've built here? Or because you would then have no excuse to post more videos that you've made? :scratch:
tulc(is having an awesome Christmas with the family!) :clap:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gee... God forbid that we should actually honor the Lord Jesus!

Still no proof offered of the creators of the picture in the OP's religious beliefs. No explanation of how it's insulting or what it is about the picture in the OP that makes it look like a criminal. :wave:
tulc(just 3 of the questions unanswered in the thread) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gee... God forbid that we should actually honor the Lord Jesus!

hon·or
ˈänər/
noun
  1. 1.
    high respect; esteem.
    "his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
    synonyms: distinction, recognition, privilege, glory, kudos, cachet, prestige,merit, credit; More

I honor His teachings. I honor His sacrifice. I honor His compassion and mercy. I honor His faith in me and His love for me. I honor His commandments.

I do not "honor" His face. Why on earth would I hold His face in high regard? Why would I hold any of His corporeal body in high regard? To do so is bordering on idol worship.

He commands we honor (obey) His commandments. He never even hints at honoring His body.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He who would be like the Christ must study of his life and works and get the correct image of the man he is following. So the graphic image of the Christ is most important!

All hail the idol...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's a matter of getting it right. This is the fourth try. I did another one of Isaiah before God the Father... That one was done over several times... It would be a hard time imaging Isaiah before the thrown of the great Heavenly Father and doing it justice!

Would you ever consider worshipping a God you didn't make in your image?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a rendering using the mathematical proportions from the Golden Ratio along with the Shroud of Turin. Scripture tells us that: “..He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him...” Is 52:2, so I don't think we need to think of Him as handsome, such as the glamour world of culture does. However, I think He was charismatic in the sense that when He walked into a room (or by a lake), He received everyone's attention - a commanding presence. People naturally dropped whatever they were doing and listened to him. We will never know (in this life) what He looked like.

Why would we presume a pagan concept of physical proportions (the Golden Ratio) would have anything to do with the appearance of Jesus?...and then you even quote the biblical refutation that a human concept of "ideal proportion" could possibly apply to him at all.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I meant no offense...or disrespect

Would not the Jews clean the blood off the body before shrouding it?...I doubt they have his image on a shroud...he looked Jewish ..that's about it imo

It could be argued that they did not properly clean and annoint the body because of the need to get it hastily buried prior to the Sabbath. And, indeed, scripture records that the women returned to the tomb on the day after the Sabbath to do just that.

I was intrigued with the Shroud back in the late 60s, but I don't hold much stock these days in its authenticity...nor do I need to.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To my knowledge Einstein spoke only ever metaphorically about God or spirituality. I highly doubt that he would ever have considered his equations to be pertinent to calculating how "spiritual" one is... What a weird concept...

For one of the best interpretations of Einstein that I've read, you should look at Arthur Fine's The Shaky Game.

I think Einstein did refer to God non-metaphorically once or twice, but he'd certainly have asserted that none of his mathematics was an adequate prediction of God. He may have had such hopes for quantum mechanics, however.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need to make sure to go to God's word for answers instead of going to the world.

We don't have ANY "images/portraits" of Jesus for a simple fact.....we would start worshipping the picture instead of God. It's like the christians who get mad over bible burning...who cares? The word of God is MORE THAN a book or physical piece of paper.

The bible states Jesus looked like a normal man.

We DO know some physical characteristics of Jesus...for an example, he had short hair (It is a shame for a man to have long hair).

One time I must agree with you.

Upvote 0