Saved by Grace doesn't mean our works don't matter. Ephesian's over all context screams this.

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The following text in Ephesians is to often ripped out of context to imply it doesn't matter what we do because we are saved by grace.

Eph 2:8.9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2, verse 10. It says we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus, for good works, which God had before ordain that we should walk in. The fact that verse 10 starts with the word “for” Lets us know what is about to be said is the reason for what was just said. So the reason why It is not of works that we do is because we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus for the good works that God preordained that we should walk in. That we should be holy and without fault before Him in love. Eph. 1:4

YES. Amen! God is Spirit, HIS Law is Spiritual. His Words are Spirit and they are Life. When a man walks in the "Good works" God created beforehand that we should walk in them, AKA, the "Commandments of God", we are walking in the Spirit. We have "Yielded ourselves servants to obey God", we are being diligent "that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." We are pressing "toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus". We are laboring, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

Not "Living by" the doctrines of the Baptist religious sect, or the Catholic religious sect, or the SDA religious sect, or the "non-denominational religious sect, or of any of this world's religious sects or businesses. But as the Lord's Christ reminds us of what is written in the Holy Scriptures, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

This is walking in the Spirit, and there is no condemnation for those who walk in God's Works, and not the religious works of men.
Ephesians 4:24, says in context to us, being his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, that we are to put on the new man which, after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Then in context to us being his workmanship, and putting on the new man created in Christ Jesus, in righteousness and true holiness verse 25 in chapter 4 starts with the word wherefore. This shows us that there is a contingency or condition in respect to us, having put on the new man which, according to God, was created in righteousness and true holiness. It says for us to put off speaking falsehood. And that we are to speak truth with our neighbor, because we are one with one another.
And who is the creator of TRUTH? For those who believe, it is God who divides the truth from falsehood. Light from darkness, good from evil, right from wrong, clean from unclean, holy from unholy.

The KJV uses the phrase "Which, "AFTER God" is created in true holiness. Jesus commands His People, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect". How can I know the perfection of God? Jesus said His father and HE are One. If I have seen the Christ, I have seen the Father. So I need look no further than Jesus to see the Righteousness of God in man. He is truly the END of Righteousness, for those who believe. As it is written;

1 John 2: 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

And truly Jesus walked in the Good Works His Father before ordained that we should walk in them.

That when angry, we are not to sin and let the sun go down on our wrath. Giving no place for the devil. Then in verse 29 in relation to the quote above, it says, let no corrupt communication come out of our mouth. But only that which is good and edifying in respect to other people’s needs.
Then continuing, and in the same context, chapter 5 starts with be therefore imitators of God, and walk in love. Not letting fornication,uncleanness and covetousness be named among us but be as saints. For this, we know that no fornicator or unclean person or cuffs, who is an idolator has any inheritance in the kingdom of God and his Christ.
Be not deceived. Because of these things comes the wrath of God. Because they are disobedient. BE not partakers with them.

Beautiful. Exactly.

Matt. 6: 1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Spot on Him. Great representation of Ephesians.

• Friendly
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And one must be born of the Spirit (election) before they can even attempt to be led of the Spirit.
And that's the point. One reborn still has an obligation; they are debtors. They must attempt, they must strive, by the Spirit, to overcome sin in order to gain eternal life. Otherwise they are not children of God to begin with -or they've walked away from His family

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really, as the passage quoted states no such thing. It plainly states that they've tasted of the heavenly gift, which you apparently also think about yourself.
I was speaking to Matt 7:22-23 Not Heb 6:4 Those in Matt 7 are the ones he NEVER knew. Heb 6:4 is concerning the ones He did know
for He baptized them with the Spirit.

And I do not think it, I know it.

And that's the point. One reborn still has an obligation; they are debtors. They must attempt, they must strive, by the Spirit, to overcome sin in order to gain eternal life. Otherwise they are not children of God to begin with -or they've walked away from His family
I can agree with part of what you said, in that, in order to enter the kingdom there is effort on the born again believers part,
but not in the initial gifting of salvation. Seeing the kingdom.
As stated earlier no one makes it through without bearing their own cross, growing up unto the son they were meant to be.
Hymenaeus and Alexander were born of the Spirit but yet were turned over to Satan to LEARN to not blaspheme, that is not a loss
of salvation for the gift is irrevocable(done,can't take it back, finished) however; there will be those that are just not able to overcome
the flesh and the carnal mind on the first or even second effort, but they are still saved. The question only remains as to when they will
finally be overcomers. Putting the Son to an open shame is a forgivable offense, but makes one not worth of the kingdom if they remain
in that state, that will eventually change. With God all things are possible.
IMO it is the measure of grace given to each that determines their ability to overcome, as some are appointed to stumble even
though they have tasted of the gift.
Children of God are we all. Psa 82:6 Some are called now(election) to begin the process of entering into resurrected life, some later.
There will be those that stumble and/or just can't overcome in all ages, except the last.
And as you say it is an obligation, I say it is just working it out for your own good and benefit.
And what are we working out?
The goal of our salvation is in overcoming evil(that God made) Isa 45:7 , by perfecting love that has been placed in us, 1 Ti 1:14
and the same with faith in God that was also put upon us. Rom 3:22
Our differences are just in the understanding of the TIMES. You say its over at the last trump, I say thats just the end of the FIRST TIME.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking to Matt 7:22-23 Not Heb 6:4 Those in Matt 7 are the ones he NEVER knew. Heb 6:4 is concerning the ones He did know
for He baptized them with the Spirit.
And the writer of Hebrews was maintaining that they could walk away, and warning against it.

Upvote 0

aritsotle

Mar 14, 2024
USA
✟1,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Even a son can take his deposit from his father and walk away and squander it.

Lucky if he returns, at least, to be a slave.

At that, with nothing but his wasteful scars and meaningless losses.

After all, he gave up his dignity as a slave to the wicked.

If one must be a slave, then, better to be a slave of the righteous.

For they, at least, are fair.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the writer of Hebrews was maintaining that they could walk away, and warning against it.
I agree. But, I can't fit Phl 1:6 in that. Being confident of this, that HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL CARRY IT ON TO COMPLETION
until the day of Christ Jesus.

I see this as a promise, God started the work in you and He will see too it that you are conformed to the Image of Jesus
as it is for your own good. How long that takes who can say. But, if God started it then He will finish it.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The goal of our salvation is in overcoming evil(that God made) Isa 45:7 , by perfecting love that has been placed in us, 1 Ti 1:14
and the same with faith in God that was also put upon us. Rom 3:22
Yes, the goal of our faith is to become like God, to love as He does to the extent made possible by His grace. And that love, in order to be love, is necessarily both a gift and a human choice: to embrace and express that gift. That is salvation, that is the overcoming of sin -and becoming something even better yet! If He made evil/sin then we certainly don't want to become like Him. He'd be an evil fool who creates us to sin, blames us for sinning...and then saves us from sin? If God creates evil, then He'd be worse that any part of creation including satan-and there'd be no reason to think that heaven should really be any better than hell. While God "creates" natural disasters, aka "acts of God", I wouldn't wager a bet on my theology based on one verse such as Is 45:7. God cannot be God and be the author of sin.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree. But, I can't fit Phl 1:6 in that. Being confident of this, that HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL CARRY IT ON TO COMPLETION
until the day of Christ Jesus.
That's encouragement. And we can be sure He most certainly will do so as we remain in Him. There are far too many verses in Scripture admonishing us to remain in Him and to do many things, some already quoted here in this thread, all having to do with gaining eternal life. The bible isn't just a book that tells us that were already saved; it tells us how to be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the goal of our faith is to become like God, to love as He does to the extent made possible by His grace. And that love, in order to be love, is necessarily both a gift and a human choice: to embrace and express that gift. That is salvation, that is the overcoming of sin -and becoming something even better yet! If He made evil/sin then we certainly don't want to become like Him. He'd be an evil fool who creates us to sin, blames us for sinning...and then saves us from sin? If God creates evil, then He'd be worse that any part of creation including satan-and there'd be no reason to think that heaven should really be any better than hell. While God "creates" natural disasters, aka "acts of God", I wouldn't wager a bet on my theology based on one verse such as Is 45:7. God cannot be God and be the author of sin.
Never said He was the author of sin, just the creator of evil. What exists that God did not create? Nothing, but the real question is why?
So you as a son would have something to overcome. Sin against you is forgiven by you, making you more like your Father in heaven.
Jesus had to forgive even those who crucified Him. Your committing sin is your own death sentence.God on the other hand is not tied
to the law for the law is for man.
God already is love. But in making you into a son He has to make you like Himself, capacity to dispense evil for a good
outcome, not for mere pleasure as the heathen.
Gen 4:7 ...............Sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, but you MUST RULE OVER IT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Never said He was the author of sin, just the creator of evil.
I tend to think that's one of those distinctions without a difference. In fact, sin is often referred to as "moral evil", because that's what it is-and it's the worst kind.
What exists that God did not create?
God didn't create sin. Everything created by God is good, and sin is inherently against His will. So...God created and granted the good gift of free will for rational beings such as men and angels. He had nothing to do with the abuse of that freedom, although He foreknew that it would happen, and created anyway, determining to bring an even greater good out of the mess that resulted, at end of the day. And that good is to ultimately turn man back to Him, to show man, the hard way if that's what it takes, that disobedience of God leads to nothing good, only harm and destruction: sin/evil and death. That's what this world serves to demonstrate. So that we may choose, the right way this time as opposed to Adam's choice

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend to think that's one of those distinctions without a difference. In fact, sin is often referred to as "moral evil", because that's what it is-and it's the worst kind.

God didn't create sin. Everything created by God is good, and sin is inherently against His will. So...God created and granted the good gift of free will for rational beings such as men and angels. He had nothing to do with the abuse of that freedom, although He foreknew that it would happen, and created anyway, determining to bring an even greater good out of the mess that resulted, at end of the day. And that good is to ultimately turn man back to Him, to show man, the hard way if that's what it takes, that disobedience of God leads to nothing good, only harm and destruction: sin/evil and death. That's what this world serves to demonstrate. So that we may choose, the right way this time as opposed to Adam's choice
Its Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

I would have to say that since God works all things according to the council of his own will Eph 1:11 We miss the working of
God when we place credit for whatever may seem undesirable onto something/someone else.
He is either in control of everything or He isn't. if He is, then everything is according to His plan, if not, then He is only fixing
our mistakes. That is not the Father I know.
As Jesus said "Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, but let your heart be not troubled, for these things MUST NEEDS BE."
If they must needs be, along with His own crucifixion, which seem undesirable outcomes, but are for our good, then would
the demon horde want such a thing if they were truly fighting against God?

Job was a primary example of what God could do and used Satan to accomplish the task. He even sent fire from heaven to devour
most of what Job had, and turned his life over to Satan to do whatever he wanted short of killing him. Did Job deserve that? No
Was the outcome of Jobs experience worth the suffering? Yes in that he got what he sought a greater understand of who God was
and even who he himself was. Not to mention double everything he had before it started.
Interesting side note, it was God that asked Satan "Have you considered my servant Job?" Satan says "yes but you won't let me touch
Him" God says "his life is in your hands" God says to Satan "you moved me to destroy him without cause"?
This shows who is in control of everything. For everything occurs INSIDE of God as nothing exists outside of God.
Who initiated the blessing of Job? God. How did He accomplish that? Using Satan to bring Job down. The outcome justified the suffering.
Same as the cross of Christ. Is that evil? Who's will was accomplished?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

I would have to say that since God works all things according to the council of his own will Eph 1:11 We miss the working of
God when we place credit for whatever may seem undesirable onto something/someone else.
He is either in control of everything or He isn't. if He is, then everything is according to His plan, if not, then He is only fixing
our mistakes. That is not the Father I know.
As Jesus said "Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, but let your heart be not troubled, for these things MUST NEEDS BE."
If they must needs be, along with His own crucifixion, which seem undesirable outcomes, but are for our good, then would
the demon horde want such a thing if they were truly fighting against God?

Job was a primary example of what God could do and used Satan to accomplish the task. He even sent fire from heaven to devour
most of what Job had, and turned his life over to Satan to do whatever he wanted short of killing him. Did Job deserve that? No
Was the outcome of Jobs experience worth the suffering? Yes in that he got what he sought a greater understand of who God was
and even who he himself was. Not to mention double everything he had before it started.
Interesting side note, it was God that asked Satan "Have you considered my servant Job?" Satan says "yes but you won't let me touch
Him" God says "his life is in your hands" God says to Satan "you moved me to destroy him without cause"?
This shows who is in control of everything. For everything occurs INSIDE of God as nothing exists outside of God.
Who initiated the blessing of Job? God. How did He accomplish that? Using Satan to bring Job down. The outcome justified the suffering.
Same as the cross of Christ. Is that evil? Who's will was accomplished?
Ok, but we have to be very careful not to give credit to God for evil, specifically moral evil, aka "sin". Moral evil resides in the will, and God does not have an evil will. Jesus, as the "express image of God", was like us in all ways except for sin. And since everything God creates is good, sin is the choice to oppose that goodness. Evil has no reality or truth of its own, rather it's the lessening of, twisting of, perversion of, or detraction from the good that exists, as darkness is the absence of light. And this abuse of goodness is possible only due to the good gift of free will given to certain created beings: men and angels. So... gluttony, for example, is an abuse of the natural pleasure associated with our natural and good appetite for food. Pride is the abuse of the natural gift of healthy self-love. Greed is the abuse of the natural need for security. All of these and many others become idols, false gods that we pursue, often to the harm of ourselves or others.

But...if God hadn't created anything or, more specifically, if God hadn't created rational, sentient beings with free will, then sin would never have happened, of course, so only in that sense is He the cause of evil. But He does not will the evil that occurs, as in directly willing every self-serving malicious lie, every torture and rape and murder, every act of genocide. He allows that sin, beginning with the first one that opened the door for all the rest, but only for a time, for a season, and for His purposes. If we believe that God created sin/evil just so He could redeem us from it, then He is not a God worth following, regardless of His power, because He would never be a trustworthy God. Also, God would not command something that is impossible for man to obey.

The absolute distinction between God and evil must be maintained in our minds. Yes, He uses the evil that He allows, but only so that we can eventually learn to stop fooling around with the hot stove, with our attraction to that evil, and begin to pursue pure goodness instead. We're all prodigals, as another poster mentioned. intended to leave the pigsty behind and return to our Father's home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we believe that God created sin/evil just so He could redeem us from it, then He is not a God worth following, regardless of His power, because He would never be a trustworthy God. Also, God would not command something that is impossible for man to obey.
Actually yes He did, for man was born with a carnal mind, exception Adam and Eve, thus they could not overcome, nor obey.
And that was on purpose. Rom 5:18
He always wanted to reconcile all back to Himself through Jesus. That was fore ordination carried out by the cross of Jesus.
Perfect one man, then use His perfection to perfect another group (first fruits) then................
We're all prodigals, as another poster mentioned. intended to leave the pigsty behind and return to our Father's home.
The actual reason is so that when we return we have had a taste of separation, as well as we have become something that
we were not when we were simply a part of God. As independent self sustaining sons who will have life within themselves we are
much more than what we were at our beginning. This is the reason He has gone through much trouble is to teach us so that
as sons we will live in complete harmony with one another once He is finished. You can't give all power in heaven and earth
to anyone who you cannot trust with that power. Jesus was tested and tried, He succeeded, and with His faith and love in us
we too shall be overcomers at the end of our individual races.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not "Living by" the doctrines of the Baptist religious sect, or the Catholic religious sect, or the SDA religious sect, or the "non-denominational religious sect, or of any of this world's religious sects or businesses. But as the Lord's Christ reminds us of what is written in the Holy Scriptures, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Amen...Outside of the norm Abraham would say, as He walked up the mountainside to sacrifice his son, his only son.

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually yes He did, for man was born with a carnal mind, exception Adam and Eve, thus they could not overcome, nor obey.
And that was on purpose. Rom 5:18
He always wanted to reconcile all back to Himself through Jesus. That was fore ordination carried out by the cross of Jesus.
Perfect one man, then use His perfection to perfect another group (first fruits) then................
You're putting the cart ahead of the horse, though. Yes, He knew man would fall, and yes, He had His plan of salvation already in place. But He would've preferred that man obeyed-and still wants that obedience to ultimately reign. God commands what He wants. And that's the only reason that condemnation came (Rom 5:18), because man was accountable, culpable, for his sin. If God had made man incapable of refraining from sin, then He would be blameworthy, not man, and no condemnation should've followed.

What does the justification mentioned in Rom 5:18 consist of? 5:17 tells us: grace and righteousness. How does this happen? By man no longer being separated from God but now reconciled with Him. God is the source of our righteous and separation from Him is the source of our injustice/unrighteousness. Everything in creation must be subjugated to its Creator in order for peace and harmony instead of chaos and injustice to reign and, for men and angels, due to their created natures, that means a willing subjugation. But for this reconciliation to happen He approaches us first, demonstrating His unwavering love, mercy, trustworthiness, goodness, et al, and empowering us to believe, to turn to Him. But He still leaves it up to us whether or not we’ll finally respond to that grace, and continue to respond to it.

We're pretty much agreed as to the question of why the experience of separation from God might be of benefit to man; we live in a pigsty here on earth relative to His ultimate intentions for us, relative to our true home. But I'll leave the creation of sin/evil to men and angels. God knows good, of course, but also the evil that is intrinsic to any part of creation rebelling against His perfect will. He's just coaxing and prompting us to will rightly, without outright stepping on the freedom He gave us to choose. The free will of creation is the only possible source of sin entering the world.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that's the only reason that condemnation came (Rom 5:18), because man was accountable, culpable, for his sin. If God had made man incapable of refraining from sin, then He would be blameworthy, not man, and no condemnation should've followed.
In truth we were all condemned simply because of Adams one disobedient act. We are then ALL of Adam. In Christ we are ALL of Christ.
Thats what Rom 5:18 is saying. Adams one disobedient act brought condemnation to ALL men resulting in death. However; the one
righteous act of the sinless Christ brings justification for the same ALL. Just as you were not specifically guilty of the one disobedient act
,but suffered the consequences of it, so is the gift. He bought and paid for it to resurrect man back to His rightful place, but at a much higher
independent level as mentioned earlier. You had nothing to do with the righteous act and the only ask on your part is to believe
that reconciliation was done for you. God gives us what we need in the form of Jesus' faith in God and love of God. As we continue to
be sanctified, study and believe what we read, or HG speaks to us, we become more like Jesus which is the goal. A fully matured son
worthy of being given total control over heaven and earth, who desires to do the will of His Father.

But for this reconciliation to happen He approaches us first, demonstrating His unwavering love, mercy, trustworthiness, goodness, et al, and empowering us to believe, to turn to Him. But He still leaves it up to us whether or not we’ll finally respond to that grace, and continue to respond to it.
Election according to grace, His choice of us.
Sure the one who is born again has a will, and can turn back. But prior to being born again the blinders
are still on and he/she is being used like the Jews as enemies for the Gospels sake. Perfecting of the elects faith and love.

God will not allow this to go on forever until all are turned to Him, so the heat will get turned up as we pass through each time/age.
The intent is to get all across the finish line and that will happen, only question for me is how long is that gonna take?
IMO think Jubilee in terms of 7000yr ages, with a 1000yr sabbath at the end of each 6000yr wk. 7x7000=49000 yrs
We are at yr 6000 roughly now. So the first fruits idea is understandable, there will be second fruits etc....as each great week passes.
God is not desiring any to be lost and they won't but I sure don't want to be in this flesh another lifetime so why wait right?

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen...Outside of the norm Abraham would say, as He walked up the mountainside to sacrifice his son, his only son.

Yes, Yielding Himself a Servant to obey God at the cost of forsaking his father and the religion and traditions he lived by for 75 years, and even at the risk of losing his son, his only son, driven on by the Gospel of Christ in Faith, as he also imparted onto his son, "And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

True Faith indeed.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In truth we were all condemned simply because of Adams one disobedient act. We are then ALL of Adam. In Christ we are ALL of Christ.
Thats what Rom 5:18 is saying. Adams one disobedient act brought condemnation to ALL men resulting in death. However; the one
righteous act of the sinless Christ brings justification for the same ALL. Just as you were not specifically guilty of the one disobedient act
,but suffered the consequences of it, so is the gift. He bought and paid for it to resurrect man back to His rightful place, but at a much higher
independent level as mentioned earlier. You had nothing to do with the righteous act and the only ask on your part is to believe
that reconciliation was done for you. God gives us what we need in the form of Jesus' faith in God and love of God. As we continue to
be sanctified, study and believe what we read, or HG speaks to us, we become more like Jesus which is the goal. A fully matured son
worthy of being given total control over heaven and earth, who desires to do the will of His Father.
Yes, we are all in Adam, but then the one unrighteous act of Adam actually made me a sinner, unrighteous. Why? Because it served to alienate myself and all humanity from God. The one righteous act of Christ actually makes me righteous. Why? Because it brings me back into union with God. Only with God can I be who I was created to be, while apart from Him I can do nothing. I'm here to learn that lesson. And now I must continue in and grow in the faith, hope, and love I've been given, living as a child of God can and must.
Election according to grace, His choice of us.
Sure the one who is born again has a will, and can turn back. But prior to being born again the blinders
He wants all to come, and to remain. Some won't. He will not force that issue. He covets our willingness, and our increasing willingness as we grow in our conviction, in our faith, hope, and, most importantly, our love. That's how he produces something even greater than He began with. Patiently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
So what was He saying? You must be born of the Spirit before you can even SEE the Kingdom!
There are some things about God that can only be known after a person receives the Spirit of God into his heart. We can share those spiritual things with the lost and they will not be able to comprehend them. In fact, they seem foolish to them. Reference 1 Corinthinans 2:14 and Romans 8:7 to see that it is impossibile.

But there are other things about God that can be known by the lost. Romans 1 is a good place to go to see this. The lost see/know/understand that there is a God, that He is supreme, that He is eternal, that He is all-powerful, that He does not condone sin, and that He will punish sinners. Despite this knowledge, not only do they continue in their rebellion against God, they approve of those who are doing the same.

But every lost person has the ability to change His mind, turn to God, and receive the forgiveness He offers in Christ. If they don't repent, they will perish.

Upvote 0