Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fan report from the Mob Rules world tour of Black Sabbath. Dio reportedly performed a Satanic altar call, where he invited people from the audience to come down to the stage and receive Satan.

I've always been skeptical about this claim of Dio's to be a Satanist. Because a Satanist is not into following the crowd, they do their own thing.

A true Satanist will not answer an altar call. Also, it should be noted that Satanists do not worship Satan or bow down to him in any way, so answering a call to receive him as a god is pointless.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2006
Roanoke, VA
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people say that KISS are satanic but its very hard to believe because they dont sing about demons and satan. Paul Stanley is like a family man who was featured in nick magazines and he performed God Gave Rock N Roll NOT Gene Simmons. He might have been a satanist but i doubt Paul Stanley and Peter Criss were. I know nothing about that Ace guy.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dio is likely not a satanist. He probably used it as a gimic like most bands.

But most of these bands ARE demonic....as anything AGAINST God is demonic. There is no "middle ground"

Right..... but it depends on what you define as "against God".

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Against God = Anything not FOR God. You are either for or against. No middle ground. You are either on God's side...or Satan's.

That's not exactly true.

So a band that doesn't praise God in their lyrics are satanic?

Upvote 0

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not exactly true.

So a band that doesn't praise God in their lyrics are satanic?

No. Demonic. I think there's a difference between Satanic where someone actually WORSHIPS Satan...and demonic...where someone isn't guided by the spirit, but is instead guided by themselves or demonic influences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stop eating food, then.

It's not like that. It's like I said below....demonic would be anything against God...if you live for yourself you are in essence living under demonic influence...because we are born into sin...we are born corrupt because of demonic influence in the beginning and that cycle continues to this day.

Actually...over-eating could be demonic...just like acting like a jerk to someone else is demonic...Because it's not guided by the spirit...it's a negative that's guided by demonic forces. Which is 100% biblical.

I don't see how anyone who's christian can even argue that it's ok to compromise your reverance for God.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No. Demonic. I think there's a difference between Satanic where someone actually WORSHIPS Satan...and demonic...where someone isn't guided by the spirit, but is instead guided by themselves or demonic influences.

That's beautiful.

Now you're saying that someone who doesn't sing "I love Jesus!!" is most definitely led by demonic influence.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not like that. It's like I said below....demonic would be anything against God...if you live for yourself you are in essence living under demonic influence...because we are born into sin...we are born corrupt because of demonic influence in the beginning and that cycle continues to this day.

Actually...over-eating could be demonic...just like acting like a jerk to someone else is demonic...Because it's not guided by the spirit...it's a negative that's guided by demonic forces. Which is 100% biblical.

I don't see how anyone who's christian can even argue that it's ok to compromise your reverance for God.

We are only born with the tendency to sin.

Upvote 0

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's beautiful.

Now you're saying that someone who doesn't sing "I love Jesus!!" is most definitely led by demonic influence.

Not at all. Heck...there's an entire book of the Bible devoted to women.

I'm saying that negative influences....addictions, blasphemy, concentrating only on sorrow, etc...are demonic influences. Songs about hate are demonic influences.

All though i'm not saying "satan made me do it" We all have free will..we can choose to fall for the tricks or follow God's spirit.

Not saying you have to be flowery all the time either....plenty of Psalms in the bible about just venting frustration...but when you get into things like "I wish you were dead" or "I hate you!" "I hate life!" "women are ho's!" then you fall into demonic influence.

Upvote 0

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh and just to show i'm not some weird ultra-conservative fundi-freak. I love Unearth and In Flames.

There are a couple songs from In Flames I won't listen to simply because it dishonors God. But that's what we as Christians should be like....we shouldn't compromise ourselves by listening to something which defies God simply because "WE" like it...then we fall into selfishness....we listen to it because we like it, even if it trashes the name of our Father who's name we should reverance above ALL others...and should show respect to above all else.

Actually...if someone takes God's name in veign or spits on God with their lyrics...you should be disgusted at it...if the spirit is inside you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh and just to show i'm not some weird ultra-conservative fundi-freak. I love Unearth and In Flames.

There are a couple songs from In Flames I won't listen to simply because it dishonors God. But that's what we as Christians should be like....we shouldn't compromise ourselves by listening to something which defies God simply because "WE" like it...then we fall into selfishness....we listen to it because we like it, even if it trashes the name of our Father who's name we should reverance above ALL others...and should show respect to above all else.

Actually...if someone takes God's name in veign or spits on God with their lyrics...you should be disgusted at it...if the spirit is inside you.

God is a universal reference to a higher power, not his actual name.

It's just like saying anything that says bad things about men is evil. Men is a reference, not a specific person.

Upvote 0

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is a universal reference to a higher power, not his actual name.

It's just like saying anything that says bad things about men is evil. Men is a reference, not a specific person.

God is our Heavenly Father. The creator of ALL THINGS. There is only one God...and only one way to get to Him, through His one and only Son, Christ Jesus.

I don't subscribe to your humanistic beliefs. Only to our Mighty Father.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Exactly. In fact one of their 70's tunes off of their album 'master of reality' called "After Forever" was a BLATANTLY Christian song. I can't recall whether it was Tony Iomi or Gennzer Butler, but one of them was a Christian/catholic{probably "lapsed"}. The guys all presented their cullt themsed lyrics from a standpoint that is allmost christian in essense, one where it is presented as something scary or possibly harmful,etc. Ozzy Ozbourne has ALWAYS been a blatant Agnostic, though he has shown a fascination w/Aleister Crowley."

It is true that After Forever does have blatant Christian lyrics, at the debut party for their first album Black Sabbath, the members of Black Sabbath invited Anton LaVey to their party and had their picture taken with him. You can take that to mean they are Satanic or just hung out with the cool people of the day. LOL I know I wouldn't invite the head of the church of Satan and author of the Satanic bible to hang out with me if I had no interest in Satanism.

Upvote 0