Satanic bands

G

GuitarHero2

It's not possible to make backwords lyrics that sound right normally, Led actually has a song in which there is a backwords spoken bit at the end that sounds right when reversed but it sounds like jibberish normally and when you reverse it it says something like congratialations on finding the secret message and thanks for support.

Things you hear when you play music in reverse is just links your brain is laying the jibberish to sounds your familiar with. Like I heard about backwards message in stairway to heaven, I played the bit they sayed it was in but couldn't make anything of it, sounded like nothing, then and I read what it was suppost to say and only THEN could I hear it, your brain a wonderful thing :)

Exactly the point I was trying to make with my earlier post.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
A

AmongsttheFlock2

Qyöt27;23796440 said:
In the short: not as many as you'd expect, little less hear of under normal circumstances. I'd wager that 99.99% of bands that receive mainstream notoriety for Satanism are doing it purely for shock. Because while the mainstream treats the subject as something laughable and cliché, they wouldn't touch bands that really are Satanist* with a hundred-yard pole. They play up the whole perceived metal image of being the devil's music and the bands take it tongue firmly planted in cheek.

*For the purposes of this conversation, Satanist defined by the popular idea surrounding it as something truly malicious and evil, not necessarily movements/people which use a different definition of Satanism.

All of secular heavy metal is Satanic in nature and so are all the lyrics. Sure some bands may try to cover up their true intent but its all the same devil and demons.

Some black metal bands don't hide what their singing about and what they do in their private time but even bands like slipknot have satanic messages. All those songs have spiritual currents that push them.

For example every time they curse their is a negative spirit that goes with it. Same goes if you say good job to someone. There is a positive vibe that goes with it. You allow the Spirit to move as you say things that are positive and edify others and on the flipside you allow negative spirits to move and hinder lives every time you curse at someone or talk about worshipping demonic things. Everything is spiritual in the sense and its either good or bad. So whether its Slayer's devil, Slipknot's devil, cannibal corpse's devil or emperors devil its all Satanic and its all negative and has spiritual intent whether they do it for shock or their serious.

Do you think the devil and his demons really care whether someone does it for shock or for real. Demon spirits are looking for any opening they can find and if you read and sing slipknot lyrics or emperor lyrics you are opening doorways to the demonic spiritual realm. Its all the same and trust me you don't want to let that stuff get on top of you because you will be sorry. Its all satanic to some degree and it all does evil things in people's lives.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All of secular heavy metal is Satanic in nature and so are all the lyrics. Sure some bands may try to cover up their true intent but its all the same devil and demons.

Some black metal bands don't hide what their singing about and what they do in their private time but even bands like slipknot have satanic messages. All those songs have spiritual currents that push them.

For example every time they curse their is a negative spirit that goes with it. Same goes if you say good job to someone. There is a positive vibe that goes with it. You allow the Spirit to move as you say things that are positive and edify others and on the flipside you allow negative spirits to move and hinder lives every time you curse at someone or talk about worshipping demonic things. Everything is spiritual in the sense and its either good or bad. So whether its Slayer's devil, Slipknot's devil, cannibal corpse's devil or emperors devil its all Satanic and its all negative and has spiritual intent whether they do it for shock or their serious.

Do you think the devil and his demons really care whether someone does it for shock or for real. Demon spirits are looking for any opening they can find and if you read and sing slipknot lyrics or emperor lyrics you are opening doorways to the demonic spiritual realm. Its all the same and trust me you don't want to let that stuff get on top of you because you will be sorry. Its all satanic to some degree and it all does evil things in people's lives.

What's wrong with Emperor's lyrics?

And what about bands like Nevermore? Or Nile? Nile's lyrics are all about ancient Egypt, is that evil?

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All secular heavy metal is satanic.

I totally, 100%, completely and ultimately disagree with that. Not all heavy metal bands sing negative things, they sing positive things. Are they still satanic?
I don't follow.

Right, based on his logic, Blind Guardian and Dragonforce are satanic.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Right, based on his logic, Blind Guardian and Dragonforce are satanic.

It gets even more ridiculous when you take into account the fact that Def Leppard and Guns 'n Roses could also be regarded as heavy metal. When were those two ever Satanic?

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Marduk is the most sickening band I've ever come across so far. I didn't think it was possible for people to even think like that.

Same with Decapitation or whatever, just in a different way.

hope I didn't offend anyone...

Marduk is awesome.

Upvote 0
R

rainygirl

I feel compelled to jump in here and respond, in particular to Amongsttheflock2...all secular heavy metal music is not Satanic for sure...and furthermore if you are firm in your beliefs a song or genre of music is not going to suddenly poison your mind into believing otherwise!!! We should all be able to choose what kind of music we listen to, what kind of books we read, movies we watch etc....that's what kind of freedoms we have in this country.....and I'd like to keep it that way...I know what my beliefs are, and one of my favorite songs is Man in the Box..by Alice in Chains..my friend strongly disagrees with this, but as I said a song isn't going to change what I believe, so I should be free to like what I like......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Idicious

Nov 14, 2004
The Netherlands
✟8,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a christian and 2 of my favorite bands are Emperor and Dissection (RIP) Haven't ever felt that the music has pulled me away from god or made me stumble in my faith, Emperor's 'With strength I burn' has actually really helped me in some area's.

Don't feel like making a 2 page long post but if you really really want to go into discussion about it feel free to pm me ;)

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:) Okay, at the risk of sounding like a fossil here, three words: Ronnie James Dio. 'Nuff said! :eek:
Actually, Dio is an admitted Satanist. Alesteir Crowley has nothing to do with Anton LaVey or the Satanic church.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I always heard that Mick Jagger was a member of the Church of Satan, which most members don't even believe in Satan, and only use the name of Satan because it stands for "adversary." Or at least that's what Lavay's daughter says about the church. Don't know if Jagger is a member, just heard that he was.

Iron Maiden's drummer is now a Christian right? I heard that.

I agree with Steel Disciple. As a whole, there's no gray area, music is either godly or isn't. Different things make up each, not just lyrics.
Yes, I recently read that Nicko McBrain became a Christian. You can google Iron Maiden Christian and it will come up but will be somewhat down the list.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The backmasking in Led Zeppelin is not a hoax as far as I'm concerned. If you just reverse the song on your pc you can clearly hear the satanic lyrics and it would just be a far too big coincidence to not be intentional. But anyways who cares?
Could you post some of these Satanic lyrics for us to judge?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It gets even more ridiculous when you take into account the fact that Def Leppard and Guns 'n Roses could also be regarded as heavy metal. When were those two ever Satanic?
Hello? Axl had red hair. Everyone knows that red is the color of the devil and that all red-headed people hail Satan as master. LOL The sad thing is, some people probably do think this way.

Upvote 0
R

rainygirl

I'm a christian and 2 of my favorite bands are Emperor and Dissection (RIP) Haven't ever felt that the music has pulled me away from god or made me stumble in my faith, Emperor's 'With strength I burn' has actually really helped me in some area's.

Don't feel like making a 2 page long post but if you really really want to go into discussion about it feel free to pm me ;)
That's the point I was trying to make as well....I agree with you totally.......:wave:

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Can you cite a source? Based on interviews I've read, Dio descirbes himself as more of a Taoist than anything else, I never heard him being involved in Satanism...
Fan report from the Mob Rules world tour of Black Sabbath. Dio reportedly performed a Satanic altar call, where he invited people from the audience to come down to the stage and receive Satan.

I've always been skeptical about this claim of Dio's to be a Satanist. Because a Satanist is not into following the crowd, they do their own thing.

A true Satanist will not answer an altar call. Also, it should be noted that Satanists do not worship Satan or bow down to him in any way, so answering a call to receive him as a god is pointless.

Upvote 0