Satanic bands

Hobo[IG leader]

Jun 18, 2005
Melbourne, Australia (Brunswick maaaaate)
✟7,847.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Dunno if this thread already exists, but I thought that it's often pretty hard to tell if bands are satanic (sometimes its spelt out, so those are a little easier) so I thought this would be a good place to compile a list of satanic bands. No 'unchristian' bands that have 'bad' songs or themes or crap like that (Cradle of Filth), but just outright openly satanic bands. Such as the likes of:

Slayer

*add more below*

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the short: not as many as you'd expect, little less hear of under normal circumstances. I'd wager that 99.99% of bands that receive mainstream notoriety for Satanism are doing it purely for shock. Because while the mainstream treats the subject as something laughable and cliché, they wouldn't touch bands that really are Satanist* with a hundred-yard pole. They play up the whole perceived metal image of being the devil's music and the bands take it tongue firmly planted in cheek.

*For the purposes of this conversation, Satanist defined by the popular idea surrounding it as something truly malicious and evil, not necessarily movements/people which use a different definition of Satanism.

Reactions: Trashionista
Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Man, i though you really knew what you were talking about, until you said slayer.

For clarity's sake, slayer adopted a satanic appearance (lyric and music wise) for shock purposes, simple as that.

Here's a list of downright satanic bands

Marduk
Emperor
Darkthrone
Dark Funeral
Mayhem
Immortal
Carpathian Forest
(i.e. many black metal bands)

as for stuff like cradle of filth and possibly slipknot, i think they adopt the satanic image (whether or not its there, people still think so) to further imbue that they're so 'dark'...bleh...

in fact, just to help
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/black_metal

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yam Kimil has it right...... I would add Burzum but I just recently read that Varg believes in the old Norse gods so I wouldn't say he's "satanic". His lyrics are sort of though.....

Are you guys basing if a band is satanic or not on their lyrics? If you are, add Belphegor, Gorgoroth, and Dimmu Borgir.

Cannibal corpse is about gore not satanic stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
A lot of classic death fans like CC. Same with classic thrash fans and Slayer.

While I see many people say Slayer is overrated, I ususally think it's just in regard to lyrics. Unless you're not a classic thrash fan, it's har dto deny the quality of music from "Shwo No Mercy" to "Seasons in Abyss."

Upvote 0

Hobo[IG leader]

Jun 18, 2005
Melbourne, Australia (Brunswick maaaaate)
✟7,847.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I think it's often hard to know where to draw the line...

I've read that Led Zepplin are satanic, but yeah you'd have no idea from their music? So does that make it ok? How about music where you have NO idea what they are singing about but have been deemed satanic?
What do we think, guys?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hobo[IG leader] said:
I think it's often hard to know where to draw the line...

I've read that Led Zepplin are satanic, but yeah you'd have no idea from their music? So does that make it ok? How about music where you have NO idea what they are singing about but have been deemed satanic?
What do we think, guys?
As far as I ever knew, they were interested in mysticism, a la Aleister Crowley, which may have little to nothing to do with LaVeyan Satanism in most circumstances.

As for Manson, I think a lot of that image is primarily to get the goat (heh) of American Evangelicals and Fundamentalists.

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
NHB_MMA said:
I skimmed through that. What a sick subculture. :scratch:

that wasn't really a description of the subculture itself, just a breif history of the music scene...

either way, there's no doubting Towards the Pantheon is a song to behold...

Upvote 0

Cultus_Diabolus

Apr 13, 2006
Hell
✟15,178.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nachtjager said:
:) Okay, at the risk of sounding like a fossil here, three words: Ronnie James Dio. 'Nuff said! :eek:

What? NO.

And Marilyn Manson isn't just trying to get anyone's goats. He is a member of the Church of Satan and a very famous Satanist.

Upvote 0