1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Satanic bands

Discussion in 'Secular Music' started by Hobo[IG leader], Apr 30, 2006.

1. Hobo[IG leader]

Hobo[IG leader] New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Anglican
    Dunno if this thread already exists, but I thought that it's often pretty hard to tell if bands are satanic (sometimes its spelt out, so those are a little easier) so I thought this would be a good place to compile a list of satanic bands. No 'unchristian' bands that have 'bad' songs or themes or crap like that (Cradle of Filth), but just outright openly satanic bands. Such as the likes of:

Slayer

*add more below*

LITB and spdnet75 like this.
  2. *Lu*

*Lu* New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    cannibal corpse?

Slayer are horrible, but i like Cradle of Filth i like their music and their image, Plus they're British n are actually nice guys,

just minus the lyrics

3. Z500

Z500 i can see into your house

Faith:
    Atheist
    slayer horrible? have you even heard their 80s output?

4. Qyöt27

Qyöt27 AMV Editor At Large

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Methodist
    In the short: not as many as you'd expect, little less hear of under normal circumstances. I'd wager that 99.99% of bands that receive mainstream notoriety for Satanism are doing it purely for shock. Because while the mainstream treats the subject as something laughable and cliché, they wouldn't touch bands that really are Satanist* with a hundred-yard pole. They play up the whole perceived metal image of being the devil's music and the bands take it tongue firmly planted in cheek.

*For the purposes of this conversation, Satanist defined by the popular idea surrounding it as something truly malicious and evil, not necessarily movements/people which use a different definition of Satanism.

Trashionista likes this.
  5. LordChristIII

LordChristIII New Member

Faith:
    Other-Religion
    you all are idiots! cradle of filth is awesome, dani filth is God! along with cannibal corpse,slayer,BURN THE PRIEST, iron maiden, deicide, lamb of god, behemoth, impaled nazerine, old mans child, and many others.

6. NotasHolyasThou

NotasHolyasThou New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
  7. Chrome

Chrome It's a Dead Man's party

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Man, i though you really knew what you were talking about, until you said slayer.

For clarity's sake, slayer adopted a satanic appearance (lyric and music wise) for shock purposes, simple as that.

Here's a list of downright satanic bands

Marduk
    Emperor
    Darkthrone
    Dark Funeral
    Mayhem
    Immortal
    Carpathian Forest
    (i.e. many black metal bands)

as for stuff like cradle of filth and possibly slipknot, i think they adopt the satanic image (whether or not its there, people still think so) to further imbue that they're so 'dark'...bleh...

in fact, just to help
    www.wikipedia.org/wiki/black_metal

8. NHB_MMA

NHB_MMA Veteran

Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
  9. Theogonia

Theogonia New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Pantheist
    Yam Kimil has it right...... I would add Burzum but I just recently read that Varg believes in the old Norse gods so I wouldn't say he's "satanic". His lyrics are sort of though.....

Are you guys basing if a band is satanic or not on their lyrics? If you are, add Belphegor, Gorgoroth, and Dimmu Borgir.

Cannibal corpse is about gore not satanic stuff.

10. Z500

Z500 i can see into your house

Faith:
    Atheist
    Cannibal Corpse did write a song about satanic zombies though (it's my favorite CC song, actually)

11. Theogonia

Theogonia New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Pantheist
    Lol you actually like CC?

12. Bulldog

Bulldog Don't Tread on Me

Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Protestant
    A lot of classic death fans like CC. Same with classic thrash fans and Slayer.

While I see many people say Slayer is overrated, I ususally think it's just in regard to lyrics. Unless you're not a classic thrash fan, it's har dto deny the quality of music from "Shwo No Mercy" to "Seasons in Abyss."

13. Cultus_Diabolus

Cultus_Diabolus New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    Marilyn Manson is Satanic. Three of the four members of Led Zeppelin are/were Satanic. I think you're basing Satanic off of their image, but does Led Zeppelin really sound Satanic? No, but they are.

14. Hobo[IG leader]

Hobo[IG leader] New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Anglican
    I think it's often hard to know where to draw the line...

I've read that Led Zepplin are satanic, but yeah you'd have no idea from their music? So does that make it ok? How about music where you have NO idea what they are singing about but have been deemed satanic?
    What do we think, guys?

15. maniaco

maniaco New Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Alkaline Trio have at least one satanic member (i know matt skiba is tho im not sure about the other two) but its not overly obvious in their music...

16. Qyöt27

Qyöt27 AMV Editor At Large

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Methodist
    As far as I ever knew, they were interested in mysticism, a la Aleister Crowley, which may have little to nothing to do with LaVeyan Satanism in most circumstances.

As for Manson, I think a lot of that image is primarily to get the goat (heh) of American Evangelicals and Fundamentalists.

17. Chrome

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    ah, Show no Mercy never gets old. Metal Storm/Face the Slayer has to be one of the most amazing Thrash tracks...evar.

and quite fun to play on the geetar as well

18. Chrome

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    that wasn't really a description of the subculture itself, just a breif history of the music scene...

either way, there's no doubting Towards the Pantheon is a song to behold...

19. Nachtjager

Nachtjager Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    :) Okay, at the risk of sounding like a fossil here, three words: Ronnie James Dio. 'Nuff said! :eek:

20. Cultus_Diabolus

Cultus_Diabolus New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    What? NO.

And Marilyn Manson isn't just trying to get anyone's goats. He is a member of the Church of Satan and a very famous Satanist.