Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are in the flesh while in this world. The flesh is weak therefore Satan can and will tempt the flesh into sin. Though Jesus Christ of Nazareth is King of the Heavens and the earth, Satan can only excercise his power of temptation here on earth. That is why he has been given the label of " ruler" of the flesh and not King of the Kingdom. It's important to know that God is still in control. He allows Satan to have some authority in the world for his own purposes.
Blessings.
We need to make a distinction between "power" and "authority." They are not the same.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So this teaching that Satan once ruled the world they've developed from Gen 1 in a speculative idea that he ruled a PreAdamic creation. God brought it to an end and the Earth then became void and dark and without form......and then a new beginning. God said Let there be light. He's recreating the world for Adam.

Possible? Speculative and that's all it is and all it ever will be. They do use this scripture.

“Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: ‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms, Is 14:16

As if to say it's Satan in the time of Pre Adam but it's just still so very speculative that 1) is it even talking about Satan? (I can show you some Bible teachers which claim there's no proof it's even talking about Satan) and 2) even if it was it does not go to say one can use it speaking of a Pre Adamic world. It could be said Satan has shaken kingdoms (in the spirit) from after the fall.

So should one avoid a Bible teacher that puts it out. On just this one thing no. There is a saying at times I think is right.....Eat the hay and leave the sticks. A lot of Bible teachers can have an odd pet idea or teaching, and you wouldn't even call this a doctrine.....a doctrine is something that instructs how we are to function as Christians.....the PreAdamic thing is just a fancy idea.....could be true or may not be. Doesn't matter. Not worth breaking fellowship with someone over.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today's planet earth is not lying inside God's dwelling realm, ever since Adam and Eve are driven out of Eden. In contrary, Eden is lying inside God's dwelling realm.

Wherever outside of God's dwelling realm will decay. Worse is, the most evil and the most powerful will naturally and finally rule. This happens to be Satan.

Isaiah 14:16-17
Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?

Satan has turned this world into a wilderness. The nature of a wilderness is that the weak will fall victim while the most evil and the most powerful will rule.

Earth is not yet a hell simply because God has an unfinished job to do, which is to save His sheep (scattered in such a wilderness).
Possible? Perhaps. But you don't build a whole massive doctrine on one verse of scripture. That verse in Is 14 you quoted isn't sufficient to say too much about it.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's important to know that God is still in control. He allows Satan to have some authority in the world for his own purposes.
My worldview differs: I feel God is not in control. We have the power and authority to govern this planet and from the looks of it, we're not doing it the way He instructed us to. Satan does what we allow. Jesus will return before we annihilate ourselves and He will be in full control. Peace

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Possible? Perhaps. But you don't build a whole massive doctrine on one verse of scripture. That verse in Is 14 you quoted isn't sufficient to say too much about it.

It's not just a single verse. Satan is clearly and explicitly mentioned as the god of this world. The verse I used just to provide some more details. The concept of Tabernacle also supports that earth is no longer lying inside God's dwelling realm. Eden is another story explicitly saying that Adam and Eve are living with God there, while what's the point of kicking them out of Eden if earth remains the same as Eden is.

Christians are generally taught that we don't belong here. What makes you think that Christians don't belong to a place of God?

Now the question for you is, why do you say that it's a single verse concept?

Last edited:
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's not just a single verse. Satan is clearly and explicitly mentioned as the god of this world.
Yes. In 2 Cor 4:4 . That DOES NOT however go to say demonstrate or prove that he ruled the Earth in a Pre Adamic kingdom. ADAM....ADAM....ADAM was given DOMINION over this planet with God's anointed and power to back him up. Gen 1:26 It's valid to believe that when they yielded to the devil it was an automictic thing that authority was given to the devil. This is obvious.....the devil said to Jesus the Kingdoms of the world were delivered to him Matt 4:9 .....But HOLD ON NOW....ADAM clearly WAS GIVEN that in the beginning. Just say to yourself over and over, Adam had Dominion. Adam had the Dominion.....it's what the scriptures teach GEN 1:26 . So in Matt 4 if the devil now had them Adam's disobedience gave it to him. Doesn't prove he ruled a Pre Adam Kingdom .
The concept of Tabernacle also supports that earth is no longer lying inside God's dwelling realm.
It does not. Sorry but that's just something you've dreamed up. You're making this is a type of this or that is a type of that with no justification for doing so. You won't find either any of that mentioned in the teachings of Jesus or the rest of the New Testament.
Christians are generally taught that we don't belong here. What makes you think that Christians don't belong to a place of God?
What????????? If you asked me do I believe saints go to heaven when they die the answer would be yes. Most certainly does not mean I have to believe or there evidence to suggest Eden that was on the earth went to heaven.

Now the question for you is, why do you say that it's a single verse concept?
Forget about a single verse. You don't even have ONE verse to demonstrate Eden went to heaven. Nor any to suggest the tabernacle is some type of Eden gone to heaven. It's just an esoteric way of looking at the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, I was reading in the 'Christian Life New Testament, with master outlines and study notes' that:

"It is believed that Satan when first created, was the ruler of this earth, at at his fall, the earth 'was without form, and void'".

I believe these study notes are by Porter Barrington.
Now, I've never come across this story before... that Satan was the ruler of earth before the fall. The reference given is Gen 1:1...?
Anybody heard of this before?
Should Porter Barrington be avoided.
The study note is given in reference to Jude 6.
I've not heard this theory from others, but I agree. I subscribe to the pre-Adamic creation theory. I believe that Lucifer was the light of the earth initially. (Isaiah 14:12). When Lucifer rebelled, his light was extinguished and so the earth became dark. The word translated "was" in the creation account can just as readily be translated "became". So the earth was not created formless and void, that was a consequence of Satan's rebellion.

It helps to explain the apparent contradictions between geology and the Genesis account. Watchman Nee wrote "The Mystery of Creation" which covers this in a lot more detail. It's well worth reading.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I was reading in the 'Christian Life New Testament, with master outlines and study notes' that:

"It is believed that Satan when first created, was the ruler of this earth, at at his fall, the earth 'was without form, and void'".

Now, I've never come across this story before... that Satan was the ruler of earth before the fall. The reference given is Gen 1:1...?
Hi.
In the Bible, the use of the word 'world' does not refer to the earth, we can say, about 99.999% of the time - if not 100%.
A few familiar examples are:
John 3:16 Go loved the world of mankind, which Jesus gave his life for.
1 John 2:15-17 shows that loving this system of things is not in harmony with God's will (James 4:4), and only those who remain no part of this world (John 17:16), remain forever.

These are just a handful of examples, but if we searched the Bible for the word 'world', we would likely come to the realization that the word refers to mankind - primarily mankind after the fall of Adam.
For example, many think that "foundation of the world" means creation of the earth. However, that expression does not refer to creation of the earth, nor creation of mankind.
That's a different topic, however.

Should Porter Barrington be avoided?
According to Jesus, the sick need a physician.
Millions of persons need help understanding the scriptures.

Hence, Jesus said at Luke 4:43, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”
He said he was fulfilling Isaiah 61:1, 2
Christians follow Jesus' example.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Something similar...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums