✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it was not.

When we have mass shootings that aren't terrorism related on an almost monthly basis, it seemed much more likely at the time that it was just another crazy American with a gun shooting up his office. A mentally unstable person who managed to get a gun somehow. You know... that problem we refuse to address in this country? Couple that with the fact that it was an unconventional target for Islamic terrorism and I would say people were justified in their initial assumptions.

Have you worked in the anti terrorism or counter terrorism field? DHS or FBI?

The attack was not unconventional. Not if one looks at the Jihadi websites and what they encourage adherents to do.

Other than Columbine non-Jihadist terror or shootings involved single persons who usually ended up dead.

Once two were mentioned in the attack, the coordination and high speed pursuit, there were two possibilities.

I pointed this out before the names and motives were released when most here were sticking their heads in sand.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The conservatives recognized it for the jihad that it was while the liberals were following Obama's lead by suggesting that it was "work place violence." We all saw it happen right here in these forums.

Why not give credit where it's due and just say that the conservatives were right?

Maybe we need to pull up that thread. :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do at least try to contain your glee at this shiny new data point to cherry pick to "prove" the bunker mentality enabling "Muslims are coming to get us!" narrative.

I assume, of course we'll continue to ignore the statistical trend about mass shootings, suicides and domestic violence related shootings, though.

Well of course. But in this case that wasn't the case.

It was pretty clear to me it was either Narco hit or Jihadist. The initial reports screamed such.

But in the spirit of desiring to live in Dhimmi bliss I waited.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what this is about? Scoring points for the team? How disgusting.

Conservatives didn't recognize squat. They were hoping it would be a Muslim so they can fire up the war machine. Lord knows we wouldn't do anything about it had the shooter been white like the guy that was at Planned Parenthood just a week prior.

Maybe conservatives in general did not. It was easy from the trained eye to know it was not a solo shooter.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still, until more info came in and anyone was certain, there was no good reason to assume terrorism when it very easily could have been just another case of a crazy American with a gun shooting up his coworkers.

Yet that was not the case at all. Some were wishing real hard for that to be. Reality sometimes bites us.

Some US cable networks actually reported there was a PP clinic 2 miles away from the shooting. Who was projecting there?

2 miles away one would need a mortar to attack at the least.

How silly.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, but it was obvious to everyone else (at least to conservatives) that it was a jihad attack.
What? It certainly wasn't obvious to me. Anyone could do what they did for any reason and even make it look like it was related to Islamic terrorism when it really wasn't.
We cannot know these things for sure until it has been investigated and the connections made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

From what I understand in listening to an interview with this guys wife, her husband would argue with anyone over religious views and would be quite aggressive in doing so and would try to convert people, to his religion.

I would bet, the shooter was not the only person this guy had disagreements with, on religion.

Lastly, this may have played a role in the shooters choosing this get together as a target, as opposed to another target.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every religion has their liberals - those that use the holy book of their faith merely for social and "cultural" reasons but not really for religious ones as if the book were true. Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, and yes Muslims.

But Abdullah is right that this is a Muslim issue.

Frankly Christians would have a very hard time in our own religion IF it were true that we were all still under the theocracy conditions of Israel and Moses - because there were civil laws under that system that only apply to a theocracy. We do not have that theocracy today - and we also do not have that leadership. That is the same situation the New Testament writers were in - they too did not have that theocracy. So in the NT you have the "persecuted church" model and not the "Wipe out enemy nations model" of the OT.

But ISLAM has a huge problem in that they ARE still under the same conditions as when the book was authored.

Sound assessment.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is always a nice thing to have the White House finally catch up with the rest of the world now and then.

They did not decide to "look" at the social media broadcast to the world by these "extremists" when they applied to come to America as a couple. How PC correct of the White House in that regard.

PC can be lethal.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See that's what you don't understand. I didn't wait for Obama to tell me what it was. Considering the past 15 to 20 years worth of mass shootings in America, it seemed like this was going to be just another day in the gun country.

Yes we know and you were wrong.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a war between Muslims. And Muslims have been fighting against ISIS since late 2013 (perhaps prior to that too, but that's when relations in Syria between rebel groups and ISIS became much more strained because of some killings). 700 Sunni tribesmen were killed by ISIS a bit more than a year ago because they openly refused to pledge allegiance to ISIS. Muslims are fighting ISIS with their hands, with their tongues, and likely with their prayers.

As for the topic, doesn't she fit the description of a lone wolf? Neither she nor her husband were directed by anybody. ISIS didn't even know about it (but of course cheered it on).

Also, jihad is not what this woman did. She may have said she supported it, but she had clearly had no idea about the rulings that it entails. Apparently she did not know that the guidelines it sets include not intentionally targeting non-combatants and not betraying covenants (her entry into the US was a covenant and her husband being born here and being a citizen was a covenant). I'm just a layperson and I could've told her all this. What she and her husband did was completely against our religion.

Are you aware your avatar is used as a Muslim Brotherhood symbol? They used it in public in the pro Morsi demonstrations.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem with your analogy is that Israel was only commissioned by God to remove those nations who were in His land, which God chose. And this happened only after God's patience had come to an end for these groups. God had given them 400 years to repent. I'd say that was quite an act of mercy and patience.
Islam has a worldwide goal of subjugation, which they have been working at for 1400 years. It is this act of subjugation, which forces the non-Muslim world to react against. So far, India has escalated its level of response to nuclear capabilities. Why do you suppose they felt so compelled? Do you think it was because Muslims were being kind to Hindu's?

India knew Pakistan had nukes too. It was a race to see who could test first.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of Muslims who are secularists and religious at the same time.

Doesn't make them more devout.

That wouldn't necessarily be because he is a secularist. The Hashemite dynasty was imposed on Jordan by the British after the Hashemites lost control of the Arabian Peninsula. No one ever asked the Jordanians what they wanted.

Free elections gave Egypt Morsi. I would expect a similar result in Jordan.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The F.B.I. assistant director is a named source.

He never said he actually saw it.

And the other article specified that they talked to a relative in Pakistan. So it doesn't seem like they would have made that up out of thin air.

When it is an unnamed source, who knows? But they might have been referring to the few private messages she sent to a few friends on Pakistan in Urdu. My understanding is that it was sent through Facebook, but as a private message, not a public one.

Upvote 0