Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was that recorded before or after the intelligence about her deleted facebook posts was available?

I don't know, but it was obvious to everyone else (at least to conservatives) that it was a jihad attack.

The President statement was made less than 24 hours after the event...while the FBI was in the beginning stages of the investigation. But I suppose the POTUS should make statements on "conservative" hunches instead of FBI briefings....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New York Times (Dec 4, 2015)
"At a news conference in San Bernardino, David Bowdich, the F.B.I. assistant director in charge of the Los Angeles office, said he was aware of the post, which was taken down by Facebook on Wednesday, but he would not elaborate." (added emphasis)

The Los Angeles Times (Dec 6, 2015)
"Tashfeen Malik, the 29-year-old female shooter in the deadly San Bernardino rampage, was a onetime 'modern girl' who became religious during college and then began posting extremist messages on Facebook after arriving in the U.S., a family member in Pakistan told the Los Angeles Times." (added emphasis)

So, according to news reports, it wasn't just coming from the unnamed source at Facebook.

Post Nation
FBI says San Bernardino attacks considered act of terrorism; shooter pledged allegiance to Islamic State leader

Are some assuming one FB post is what the FBI is hanging its hat on in calling this a terror attack?

Post Nation
FBI says San Bernardino attacks considered act of terrorism; shooter pledged allegiance to Islamic State leader
Comey declined to discuss the Facebook posting.

“We are aware of it,” he said during a briefing with reporters. “We have a lot of evidence beyond that we are looking at but it is too early for me to put it in context or comment on it.”

Farook had maintained a Facebook page that was deleted before the shooting, according to Rita Katz, executive director of the SITE Intelligence Group, which tracks online communications of extremists.

A post on an Islamic State-linked blog on Friday claimed that the attack was carried out by Islamic State supporters, the SITE group reported. The post on the Amaq News Agency site cited the recent attacks in Paris, which killed 130 people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rs-tried-to-cover-their-tracks-official-says/

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The government called it terrorism within about 24 hours of the attacks.

...yes, apparently that wasn't fast enough for the arm chair counter-terrorism officers on these threads : o

Now, maybe some are upset, because they have stated they have not found any direct ties to ISIS, in regards to them being a part of ISIS.

Why can't this be a terrorism attack similar to what happened in Boston? Two radical Muslims, performed the attacks on their own.

Perhaps because that is the most difficult type of terrorist to detect and stop...the lone wolf...

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yea, I really want my President making such calls based on politics...
When liberals were downplaying ISIS, conservatives were sounding the alarm.

Who ended up being right about that?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now, maybe some are upset, because they have stated they have not found any direct ties to ISIS, in regards to them being a part of ISIS.

Why can't this be a terrorism attack similar to what happened in Boston? Two radical Muslims, performed the attacks on their own.

Well I frankly agree. IS recruits free agents. We have seen several such small attacks worldwide. So Caliphate ordered? Little or no evidence for that. Inspired? Yes absolutely.

This attack is a lot like Boston.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Also regardless of race, creed color or gender, this shooting was a case of domestic terrorism. The law defines such based on certain attributes of the attack. The definition has no clause for religion or ethnicity.

Linking terror attacks to declared terrorist groups helps facilitate investigations and linkages.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well I frankly agree. IS recruits free agents. We have seen several such small attacks worldwide. So Caliphate ordered? Little or no evidence for that. Inspired? Yes absolutely.

This attack is a lot like Boston.

Yep.

And I would imagine, there are likely dozens more already in the US, that are motivated to do the same.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Obama and other liberals were calling ISIS "JV," conservatives were sounding the alarm.

Who ended up being right about that?

That isn't the point.

Presidents need to make decisions based on validated information. Investigations take time. And invetiably, a good portion of the media reports filed within 24 hours of a story breaking -- turn out to be simply wrong. It would be irresponsible for the POTUS to make a statement until the FBI was ready to release information for the public.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I understand in listening to an interview with this guys wife, her husband would argue with anyone over religious views and would be quite aggressive in doing so and would try to convert people, to his religion.

I would bet, the shooter was not the only person this guy had disagreements with, on religion.

Lastly, this may have played a role in the shooters choosing this get together as a target, as opposed to another target.

Yes. I posted the link because this Messianic (not Jewish) man's controversies with the shooter was made public early. That was a catalyst for the Police and FBI to dig deeper in other areas. May be small thing but these anti terror LE guys and gals are good.

They can take the most inane thing to us and find out a lot. Had 7 of these types on my team in Iraq.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...yes, apparently that wasn't fast enough for the arm chair counter-terrorism officers on these threads : o

Perhaps because that is the most difficult type of terrorist to detect and stop...the lone wolf...

24 hours was about right to tell the public.

Considering the Admin burned themselves for 7 days reference Benghazi attacks, I would say they learned to wait.

24 hours also tells me that the FBI was able to get more than sufficient evidence. If they did not we would still be hearing "workplace violence"

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep.

And I would imagine, there are likely dozens more already in the US, that are motivated to do the same.

IS is employing a "Draft Kings" type of social media recruitment. Find enough people willing to kill or die for something. There are a lot of misguided people born HERE which are looking for meaning or excitement in their lives. IS and to some degree AQ thrives on this.

Should be no surprise as this has been going on since 9/11.

I mentored a Pakistani-American officer in the Army. He went on leave to NY in 2004. Went to mosque with his parents and went in an electronics store afterwards.

The owner did not know he was in the Army handed him a CD and told him to look at it privately.

He did not look at it until coming back to the unit.

Needless to say that was my first encounter with recruitment. The video was an AQ production showing how one could support the "struggle."

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That isn't the point.

Presidents need to make decisions based on validated information. Investigations take time. And invetiably, a good portion of the media reports filed within 24 hours of a story breaking -- turn out to be simply wrong. It would be irresponsible for the POTUS to make a statement until the FBI was ready to release information for the public.

Yes I believe the point of contention was the media wanting answers before anyone was willing to give any.

This is not uncommon.

Sometimes they purposely report inaccuracies to force the hand of govt officials.

Upvote 0