Salvation and friendly difference in Christianity(obvious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Angel of God

John 12, 42..50

Jesus has come to save the world.
If one doesn't follow Jesus but he recognizes that Jesus is God then he is saved even if he doesn't produce fruit...

John 15, 12..17

Friends are those who produce fruits..., those who follow Jesus commandments...

What do you think?
It seems to me that one who is not baptized with water... can have the salvation if he recognizes that Jesus is God...
BUT christian friends will reign with Christ, the son of man..., in the new earth and Heaven...

DArceri

Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 12, 42..50

If one doesn't follow Jesus but he recognizes that Jesus is God then he is saved even if he doesn't produce fruit...

John 15, 12..17

What do you think?
It seems to me that one who is not baptized with water... can have the salvation if he recognizes that Jesus is God...
BUT christian friends will reign with Christ, the son of man..., in the new earth and Heaven...

Even Satan 'recognizes' who Jesus is. You need to both believe AND confess with your mouth that Jesus is LORD. ........Satan refused to confess Christs Lordship.

John 15:6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

Upvote 0
A

Angel of God

Even Satan 'recognizes' who Jesus is. You need to both believe AND confess with your mouth that Jesus is LORD. ........Satan refused to confess Christs Lordship.

John 12,42..44...
However, a number even of the rulers had belief in him, but because of the Pharisees they did not say so openly for fear that they might be shut out from the Synagogue:
For the praise of men was dearer to them than the approval of God.

Then Jesus said with a loud voice...

If Jesus is referring to these persons then they are saved without Baptism...
My impression is that Jesus, God..., is referring to these persons...

Satan is against Jesus!!! :groupray:

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John 12, 42..50

John 15, 12..17

What do you think?
Do you mean to assert that John 12:47 means Jesus will never judge the world but will only save the world?

I take it to mean "I don't judge you now, because I'm here to save." At this point in time "The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." But later, "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats."

Upvote 0

DArceri

Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Emergent church, universalism, post-modernism,.....

2 Tim 4;3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions

Rev 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Upvote 0

Van

Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
California
✟9,814.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Angel of God,

In the passage, John 12:42-50, Jesus teaches us some very important truths. First a person can believe in Jesus, but not confess Jesus before men. What is the idea here? Strength or depth of faith! If you believe with all your mind and all your heart that Jesus is Christ, the Son of God, then you would become a witness for Christ. But if you do not turn loose of all your worldly treasures, such as your possessions or relationships, then your faith is half-hearted, you love Jesus but you also love the world. You cannot serve two masters. Thus you still belong to the world.

When we believe in Jesus, we must first believe in God, the One who sent Jesus as His Christ, His Anointed One, His Chosen One. If we have heard and learned from the Father, then we come to Christ, John 6:45. We are drawn to Christ by the Father who reveals His lovingkindness which draws us. John 6:44.

When we behold Jesus, who is light, we have the opportunity to believe in Him fully, forsaking the world and all its treasures, and thus not remain in darkness.
But if we do not believe fully, we remain in darkness, just as John 3:18 says.

Turning now to John 15:12-17, lets consider what Jesus is saying. When Jesus uses the word "friends" he is telling his disciples they are more than slaves for they know the mission that Christ is completing in accordance with His Father's command. Soon, Jesus will lay down His life, and so He gives us the command to lay down our life for Him. If we are unwilling to confess Jesus before men, we are unworthy of Him. If we are unwilling to suffer for Christ, we are unworthy of Him. But if we are a friend of Christ, we too will say, "shall I not drink the cup the Father has given to me."

We are saved by grace alone, throught faith alone, and not by works such as water baptism. But the belief and trust and reliance upon Christ must be full blown, not half-hearted, and from that full blown faith will flow obedience to Christ's commands such as confessing Christ before men, being water baptized, and loving our brothers and sisters in Christ in the same way, foresaking everything, that Christ did. God bless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.