HebrewVaquero

Nov 22, 2015
✟828.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Paul wasn't focused on Torah observance in my opinion. He saw the big picture, something clicked by revelation.
Im somewhat afraid to reply, This is only my second day here and I've just been 'Modded'.
I agree Paul wasn't focused on Torah, however the question seems to be; was he focused on Torahless.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To add 2cents more; I respectfully disagree, Yahshua's ethical treatment of Torah (especially as recorded in Matt 5) is far higher than the recorded ethical treatment (as interpreted by modern Christendom) of Torah by Paul

I have no idea what that means! LOL

I think Paul and Yeshua are in agreement, so maybe we are too. As for the stab at "modern Christendom", whatever.

Upvote 0

HebrewVaquero

Nov 22, 2015
✟828.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea what that means! LOL

I think Paul and Yeshua are in agreement, so maybe we are too. As for the stab at "modern Christendom", whatever.

In other words; Yahshua taught a proper attitude towards Torah in sharp contrast to the traditions of men.
Many in *Modern Christendom interpret Paul in that man being under a New Covenant is no longer required to keep Torah.

*Modern Christendom = Romanized, De-Judaized, Torah-less Christianity

(Disclaimer: the above is not a judgment, rather a observation)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Im somewhat afraid to reply, This is only my second day here and I've just been 'Modded'.
I agree Paul wasn't focused on Torah, however the question seems to be; was he focused on Torahless.
Paul got many of his statements and understandings from Oral Torah... women covering their heads... keeping silent in church.... women not wearing men's clothing.....

Upvote 0