Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
How do you keep the sabbath may I ask.

First I might observe it for different reasons than some here. We don't do it out of obligation to the Torah like it's a must or else. As Jews we find it a great tradition and cultural allegiance with other Jews.

My wife lights the candles, waves her hands 3 times, puts her hands over her eyes ,recites the blessing. We aren't too strict in the time to do this. Family tradition is before sunset. Then we eat. We don't work on Shabbos but aren't strict on cooking, driving. We normally go to Messianic Jewish services Saturday morning. Then this time of the year we go out to dinner. If we go to services Friday night then Shabbos is instituted in be services.

Upvote 0

big macher

Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Ok thanks for your honesty I assume your a jew by blood? And if so of which tribe?

I'm Jewish was circumcised on the 8th day according to the commandment. As far as tribe don't know. Lots of the old timers in my side of the family assumed family was Benjamin but extremely hard if not impossible to find out.

Upvote 0

A greater Hope

Nov 4, 2015
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm Jewish was circumcised on the 8th day according to the commandment. As far as tribe don't know. Lots of the old timers in my side of the family assumed family was Benjamin but extremely hard if not impossible to find out.
Ok sir,
Bear with me a little but do you believe in Jesus the King and messiah of Israel?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A greater Hope

Nov 4, 2015
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good, amen.
I'm a sinner man more than likely a gentile I've struggle with this sabbath topic for a while when I became a SDAdventist but I left the church. I came to revelation through the word that the requirement of the letter of the law and all it's commands I could not keep for the life of me including the fourth commandment. But through hope of Jesus life death and resurrection I am justified by grace through Faith and not of works wether of the law or of myself works, I speak not only as a gentile but a sinner.

Upvote 0

A greater Hope

Nov 4, 2015
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good, amen.
I'm a sinner man more than likely a gentile I've struggle with this sabbath topic for a while when I became a SDAdventist but I left the church. I came to revelation through the word that the requirement of the letter of the law and all it's commands I could not keep for the life of me including the fourth commandment. But through hope of Jesus life death and resurrection I am justified by grace through Faith and not of works wether of the law or of myself works, I speak not only as a gentile but a sinner.

So sir I conclude that the 10 commandments written on stone as well as the entire law slew me because of sin,I became condemn and death was penalty.I thank God for Jesus because he took my your our place,that through the Spirit of God I may produce good fruits of righteousness.Therefore the law borough me showed me a better and greater hope wherein I through the flesh could not keep the law but Christ fulfilled it for me.and only through Faith we become partakers of his righteousness not by works but by faith of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So sir I conclude that the 10 commandments written on stone as well as the entire law slew me because of sin,I became condemn and death was penalty.I thank God for Jesus because he took my your our place,that through the Spirit of God I may produce good fruits of righteousness.Therefore the law borough me showed me a better and greater hope wherein I through the flesh could not keep the law but Christ fulfilled it for me.and only through Faith we become partakers of his righteousness not by works but by faith of Jesus.
Yes, correct. According to Messianics only through being born of the Spirit will you be moved by God to become partakers of his righteousness as proved by observing the law. When you become born again the Spirit leads you into keeping the law. He writes it upon your heart so you can keep its righteousness. Because the living Torah is in you. He lives the law though you. If he's in you. You are saved to observe the law, not saved by observing the law. Observing the law is your good fruit that leads to righteousness. Made possible now through faith and being born of the Spirit. He saved all for these good works found in the law. It's why the Spirit is given. And why the Sabbath is to be observed.

Upvote 0

A greater Hope

Nov 4, 2015
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He saved all for these good works found in the law. It's why the Spirit is given. And why the S

Sir I don't fully agree to much of what your saying entirely u agreed on some point of truth but I see you still holding on to an idea that after one believes in Christ whether he be a jew or gentile he must follow the Torah!?.
This I cannot agree to. The law could not justify us you know that,so why am I obligated to keep something by law that servers no profit besides death to me that offend in even one point if I'm not able to keep it all ? The fruit of the spirit is :love peace joy etc. in the Holy Spirit.none of these fruits does the letter of the law/Torah produce. If so then I don't need Jesus I can pursue this thing on my own and make the cross of Christ void, God forbid but it's is by the hearing of faith that I believe and is saved and through the Spiri of God is the law establish in me through faith which worker love for love. Worketh no I'll will to word his brother.Therefore the whole law is fulfilled in him that love The Lord God and his neighbor.this free gift is of promise from God through Jesus not of the law which came some 400 and something years after the covenant he made with Abraham.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

big macher

Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Sir I don't fully agree to much of what your saying entirely u agreed on some point of truth but I see you still holding on to an idea that after one believes in Christ whether he be a jew or gentile he must follow the Torah!?.
This I cannot agree to. The law could not justify us you know that,so why am I obligated to keep something by law that servers no profit besides death to me that offend in even one point if I'm not able to keep it all ? The fruit of the spirit is :love peace joy etc. in the Holy Spirit.none of these fruits does the letter of the law/Torah produce. If so then I don't need Jesus I can pursue this thing on my own and make the cross of Christ void, God forbid but it's is by the hearing of faith that I believe and is saved and through the Spiri of God is the law establish in me through faith which worker love for love. Worketh no I'll will to word his brother.Therefore the whole law is fulfilled in him that love The Lord God and his neighbor.this free gift is of promise from God through Jesus not of the law which came some 400 and something years after the covenant he made with Abraham.

I believe Shimshon was posting about what some Messianics believe. If I'm correct he's talking about Messianic not Messianic Judaism.

Upvote 0

big macher

Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I've never found Sabbath difficult to keep personally. Of course there is outside influence that tries to interrupt, but I've found those things are never a big deal.

Sabbath for us isn't difficult at all not even a little difficult. I can see it being difficult if it becomes legalistic and that you have to follow certain rules or whatever.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok thanks for your honesty I assume your a jew by blood? And if so of which tribe?
Just a very humble FYI, its against Jewish law (and therefore considered in bad taste) to ask a Jew whether they are a born Jew or a convert. This way converts don't get discriminated against.

Upvote 0