United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your heart is hard against the Truth.

The Truth? That Chris died so everyone would be clothed? Seriously dude, if you're not messing with us than this Puritanical nonsense you're spewing is degrading and discrediting Christianity big time.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Your response shows your naivete. Christ died to save us from sin and so we can now live to please him.
Put on some clothes, bloke, and respect the King of Kings!

I assume you are stuck on the past discussion about nudist colonies and not the current (and original) topic of the thread, which is roommate nudity.

Also, we're perfectly aware that you're Christian. We can see your icon.

I'm calling Poe.

I wonder if there's a bingo card of internet laws that I can print out...

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your response shows your naivete. Christ died to save us from sin and so we can now live to please him.
Put on some clothes, bloke, and respect the King of Kings!

Well, duh.

I'm not a nudist, nor am I prude that thinks God demands we hide in a dark closet just to change clothes.

How's your hygiene buddy? I mean from the sound of things you're scared to even hop in the shower because it generally requires you don't wear clothes to wash up.

I wonder if there's a bingo card of internet laws that I can print out...

You'd get a blackout pretty quick on this forum.

Upvote 0

FreeInChrist88

Jan 11, 2009
✟37,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Come before the Lord fully clothed and show the respect that God deserves. It is a reflection of the heart condition.

I've come before the Lord fully nude many times as a sincere expression of my humility before Him and my utter dependence upon Him. My physical nakedness in prayer has been an outward expression of my complete openness and honesty before Him. Adam walked with God in his nakedness before the Fall and there was no shame in it or rejection from God. As God's redeemed children, why would the state of our dress have anything to do with the state of our heart?

You still haven't answered my original question: Why did you resurrect this thread that had been dormant for about 7 months? Either you are a troll trying to stir up controversy or you have some strange attraction to nudity. Which is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nudity is an abomination!!

In what context precisely? Because you run the risk of condemning something God created, and that's a line I would not flirt with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
1 Samuel 19:23-24 So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even on him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth. He stripped off his garments, and he too prophesied in Samuel’s presence. He lay naked all that day and all that night. This is why people say, “Is Saul also among the prophets?”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Isaiah 61
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

God will cover me with righteousness and salvation. These don't sound like they are made of cotton or microfiber...these sound like of...well...gloriously see thru and spectacular. And I have never seen anytime God has put his beauty on top of our humble and base belongings...he tends to remove the old before giving the new...so I'm guessing anything cotton or polyester will have to go...

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The Bible presents nakedness as shameful and degrading (Genesis 9:21; Exodus 20:26; 32:25; 2 Chronicles 28:19; Isaiah 47:3; Ezekiel 16:35-36; Luke 8:27; Revelation 3:17; 16:15; 17:16).

You're free to hold those beliefs, but you do realize we've been talking about changing your clothes for several pages, right? Do you understand how dorm rooms work and why this might present a privacy problem, regardless of one's religious beliefs?

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey everyone, I have kind of a silly question. I'm dorming at college and I have an awesome roomate. However, I get a little uneasy getting changed in the room with him and being naked together. I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable. Is it wrong for two people of the same gender to be naked together?

*chuckles* In the military everyone does everything together. They run together, they eat together, they poo together and they shower together. The US Navy SEALS take this to an extreme in that they'll be in 40 degree water, hug each other in groups of 200 to stay warm or freeze to death. And the guy who just took a leak on you? He's your new best friend because of the warmth and salt water is salt water.

So its a mater of perspective young man. Theres an old navy joke about submarine- "Submarines is the only service where 150 men go to sea and 75 couples return..." I am a former army drill sgt and was with the 104th training regiment decades ago. Some of my best friends were navy and told me that joke.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So you are a nudist! You evidently would have no problem going to a nudist church. If it isn't a sin then do you wear clothes at all? You would have to be a hypocrite to wear clothes and demand your church people to come with clothes if it isn't a sin.

You have no holiness standards at all.

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting concept- do Christians endorse nudity? Well, God "sewed fig leaves together for Adam and Eve" as the first kind of clothing. So no, can't say we do.

I can say however that it was taken to stupid extreems by the Victorian Era who said "A well turned ankle..." *Drily said* As a man I've discovered my interest's are usually farther up...

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, God didn't sew the fig leaves - Adam and Eve did. God replaced these with animal skins, for many reasons. He never rebuked them for being naked (since He made them that way).

I am a nudist, and I'm certainly not nude all the time (like when it's 20° outside).

There's nothing hypocritical about that.

I wear clothes (a suit usually) at my regular church, and I wear sandals (only) at the nudist church.

Jesus said: “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. (Matthew 6:28-29)

And my standard of holiness is the Lord:

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” (Isaiah 6:3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, I must say I don't understand where your coming from. I like to go nude when I can, yes. But if you understood love in the Bible then I don't see how you would think I am hypocrite for wearing clothes. Because I love as Jesus loved I don't go to church nude and offend people.

So you are a nudist! You evidently would have no problem going to a nudist church. If it isn't a sin then do you wear clothes at all? You would have to be a hypocrite to wear clothes and demand your church people to come with clothes if it isn't a sin.

You have no holiness standards at all.

Upvote 0