Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 61
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Upvote 0

FreeInChrist88

Jan 11, 2009
✟37,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 61
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

That is a great scripture speaking to the fact that God has given us His salvation and imputed His righteousness to our account. And the analogy of how righteousness encompasses us just as clothing does, tells me how He has covered us in His righteousness. The verse is clearly speaking of garments and robes in a figurative sense.

To somehow claim that this is a Biblical mandate for always being clothed is a big leap. To use this as some indicator that God hates nudity and that being clothed is part of personal holiness is a real stretch. (I asume that is what you were trying to convey by posting this scripture. If you intended to say something else, please advise. :))

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
adam and eve were naked in the garden. when ya watch movies and shows about the 1800s and early 1900s people were nude around family members. i know my dad said when he was growing up he was always nude around his brothers and mom and dad and it was never a big deal. so to me roomate nudity is like brothers being naked around eachother so i dont see it as a big deal.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2011
Bolton, Ontario
✟8,188.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
That is a great scripture speaking to the fact that God has given us His salvation and imputed His righteousness to our account. And the analogy of how righteousness encompasses us just as clothing does, tells me how He has covered us in His righteousness. The verse is clearly speaking of garments and robes in a figurative sense.

To somehow claim that this is a Biblical mandate for always being clothed is a big leap. To use this as some indicator that God hates nudity and that being clothed is part of personal holiness is a real stretch. (I asume that is what you were trying to convey by posting this scripture. If you intended to say something else, please advise. :))

Fair explanation. I like it.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible is full of requirements for dress. If it weren't important then why did God require it of his people. Why don't you just go to church this sunday clothed in your righteousness? Or should I say self-righteousness.

Actually, I plan to do that very thing on May 26 (a church at a nudist resort, not my usual church). And hopefully, I won't be wearing my self-righteousness (nudity is very humbling), but the righteousness of Christ.

The skin I was born in is the most modest form of dress there is.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What a terrible way to start your marriage! I would expect a rocky road ahead for you two.

What makes you think we're starting our marriage? We've been married for over 22 years, and have known each other for 10 years before that...

And life has indeed presented some rocks in the road, but not in our relationship. Our relationship with Christ has kept our marriage strong, and it's the first (and only) marriage for both of us.

And (incidently) we have been nudists for most of our relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeInChrist88

Jan 11, 2009
✟37,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nudity is a big deal if you want to be a holy person and committed unto the things of the Lord. Of course, If you have no concern about living a holy life, then go ahead and take it off. I want no part of that kind of lifestyle.

Nikos7, this thread has basically been dead for over 6 months. I'm curious as to why you chose to resurrect it. If you are so opposed to nudity and sincerely believe that God hates it, why bring the issue back to people's attention?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey everyone, I have kind of a silly question. I'm dorming at college and I have an awesome roomate. However, I get a little uneasy getting changed in the room with him and being naked together. I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable. Is it wrong for two people of the same gender to be naked together?

Hey there Cub of Judah, I know this is an older post of yours but I felt like replying just on the off-chance someone else on CF is in a similar place.

I don't think there's anything wrong with nudity in that context, nor is there anything wrong with you feeling discomfort about it. Some people just tend to be more private than others in these areas. I lived with six roommates in a six bedroom house (seven of us total) and many of us were naked at one time or another, sometimes we'd play pranks on each other and stuff like that but it never got to an immoral or out-of-control level. That being said, some of my roommates preferred to keep their business to themselves and never participated in those hijinks.

So I think you're well within your right to prefer privacy, but just know that there's nothing inherently wrong with the situation either, unless of course there's something immoral happening. Since you didn't suggest that there was I'm assuming that there's not.

Come before the Lord fully clothed and show the respect that God deserves. It is a reflection of the heart condition.

Seriously guy?

There is nothing "unholy" or "disrespectful to God" about nudity in this context. Neither of these guys are doing anything lewd or immoral, it's simply a fact that when people share a residence, they're bound to be nude at the same time now and then.

I'm pretty sure that, if anything, God would be more offended if they avoided getting naked and the subsequent showering that usually requires being naked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you people get some clothes on and act like you are civilized!!! Don't you respect the Lord God Almighty? He will not put up with your heathen ways.

Yes, I'm sure you manage to change your underwear every day without anything being visible.

I'm guessing that you're trolling, though.

Upvote 0

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm sure you manage to change your underwear every day without anything being visible.

I'm guessing that you're trolling, though.

What kind of low thinking is that?!! Don't you know that we are to be a holy people and that includes our thought life. Clean up your act, repent and reflect the pure life of God!!!

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What kind of low thinking is that?!! Don't you know that we are to be a holy people and that includes our thought life. Clean up your act, repent and reflect the pure life of God!!!

No, thank you.

A+ trolling. ^_^

Anywho, for anyone who is struggling to find privacy in a dorm room, you can ask your roommates to turn their backs, put up a blanket, organize your furniture to create a barrier, or use the bathroom.

Upvote 0

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, thank you.

A+ trolling. ^_^

Anywho, for anyone who is struggling to find privacy in a dorm room, you can ask your roommates to turn their backs, put up a blanket, organize your furniture to create a barrier, or use the bathroom.

You make mockery of sacred things. You are just trying to stir up things here. If you really believe what you say then your understanding of the things of the Spirit is an inch deep and a mile wide. You know nothing of the fear of the Lord!

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You make mockery of sacred things. You are just trying to stir up things here. If you really believe what you say then your understanding of the things of the Spirit is an inch deep and a mile wide. You know nothing of the fear of the Lord!

I still don't believe you're sincere, but yes, I'm definitely trying to stir up things by mentioning underwear in a thread about nudity and then giving helpful advice based on my experiences. You caught me. ;)

Because you're contributing so much to this thread by calling people heathens.

I would also recommend locking your dorm room door while changing if you aren't in the bathroom. Sometimes, a roommate might walk right in with a group of friends.

Upvote 0