Ron Paul vs Newt Gingrich on Fidelity.

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Nothing like encouraging people to vote because of a single issue which I thought we aren't suppose to do. Since when did fidelity become a big issue? It is nothing new, just better known about.

The caucuses are just over 3 weeks away and I still don't know for sure who I will be supporting.

Well if cannot hold a contract with his wife, then how can he hold contract with The Republic?

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Ron Paul is liked precisely because he has characteristics that other politicians seem to lack.

He seems to sincerely act upon his beliefs, seems to have thought them through and is consistent.

On those points he is head and shoulders above his rivals like Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney who seem to be for sale to the highest bidder.

If only all our politicians were such people so that other ideologies could be properly represented and politics could be about the conflict of ideas rather than the conflict of campaign chauffeurs.

No he is liked because he promises things he can't deliver and people are easily deceived.

Obama proved that.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What we should do is pick the candidate that represents the constitution and our bill of rights, that is who we go for.

The policies are what is important to save this country.

I don't care if the canidate has one eye, purple with pink polka dot skin.

I want my country back, THIS is the issue.

Their sin in no ones business, THAT is between them and the Lord.

THE LORD CAN HANDLE IT!

Also, keep in mind ....that a christian out of fellowship, IS WORSE than an unbeliever.

Christians out of fellowship are....Carnal, grieving and quenching the Holy Spirit, revesionism, black out of the soul, the sin unto death....this is what a christian becomes when they are not filled with the spirit.

So a christian is better?! This is NOT a requirement to become Pres. The GREAT believers in the bible SINNED PLENTY BAD when they were out of fellowship, didn't they?! Just because a person is a believer does not mean they don't sin and can't raise total havoc, I mean look what Obama has done so far, BECAUSE his Policies are KILLING this nation.

This is about our country, the constitution, liberty, freedom, Bill of Rights and the RIGHT to CHOOSE.

The very things that the Lord Jesus Christ gives us. This is the issue.....not there stupid, private sins.

What policies are killing the US?

Let's run through the laundry list.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No he is liked because he promises things he can't deliver and people are easily deceived.

Obama proved that.
The difference is that Paul can better keep his pledges by simply vetoing things, like funding the patriot act or wars; yes vetoes can be overturned, but that is not an easy task.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The difference is that Paul can better keep his pledges by simply vetoing things, like funding the patriot act or wars; yes vetoes can be overturned, but that is not an easy task.

Overturning Paul vetos would be easy as neither the left nor the right like him.

He would become Doctor Who if he won.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Overturning Paul vetos would be easy as neither the left nor the right like him.

He would become Doctor Who if he won.
If Paul actually were to win the GOP nomination, and then actually win the general election, I have a sneaking suspicion that there would be a few changes in the Congressional make up as well...could be wrong, but...

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but will never be a fan of Ron Paul. Could never vote for him, he lies as much as the rest do.
If you believe Ron Paul lies, then I suggest you provide examples of such. I haven't seen it.

I've been watching him for a few years now and have found him to be amazingly consistent.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
If you believe Ron Paul lies, then I suggest you provide examples of such. I haven't seen it.

I've been watching him for a few years now and have found him to be amazingly consistent.

He promises to eliminate the Department of Commerce.

Lie, he cannot keep that promise.

He promises to eliminate the Department of Education.

Lie, again not a promise he can keep.

He promises to get us off a fiat currency.

Lie, again broken promise.

Just as much garbage as Yes We Can.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Why do you believe that Ron Paul couldn't eliminate those "departments"?

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

again those are quite easy to do, simply do not nominate a person to fill the position and veto any legislation that funds them.

he may have a harder time with the fiat currency, I'll give you that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Why do you believe that Ron Paul couldn't eliminate those "departments"?

Something called two other branches of government checking him and a lot of business and people that have a vested interest in keeping it going.

And if you think otherwise simply ask any pro-life republican how that repealing Roe v Wade is going.

Instead of lying Paul should instead stick to saying he will work towards making these things run more effectively or combining certain areas into one to reduce too many people doing the same job.

Of course that would be realistic and that doesn't get people all excited.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Something called two other branches of government checking him and a lot of business and people that have a vested interest in keeping it going.

And if you think otherwise simply ask any pro-life republican how that repealing Roe v Wade is going.

Instead of lying Paul should instead stick to saying he will work towards making these things run more effectively or combining certain areas into one to reduce too many people doing the same job.

Of course that would be realistic and that doesn't get people all excited.
but the cabinet is nominated by the President, sure the Senate must confirm a choice, but if the President does not nominate a person, then the Senate would have no person to either accept or reject.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
but the cabinet is nominated by the President, sure the Senate must confirm a choice, but if the President does not nominate a person, then the Senate would have no person to either accept or reject.

And that would mean what in the grand scheme of things?

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
that is a pretty effective way to end a department. And if that does not do the trick, simply veto any funding for it.

There are many times when a Department of the US government operates without a head.

And as for the veto. It would be overturned by the congress. Again, check and balances.

He should not be touting he has power to end a thing if he does not have support from the other branches and the people.

Prohibition and Slavery ended only after much trauma and political maneuvering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And as for the veto. It would be overturned by the congress. Again, check and balances.
That takes a super-majority ... not likely.

He should not be touting he has power to end a thing if he does not have support from the other branches and the people.
But, if he wins the election ... the results would be prima facie evidence of real support.

Apples vs oranges

Upvote 0

Gawron

Apr 24, 2008
✟5,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama's drug use was in in his youth. Youthful transgressions are normal. Newt's transgressions continued well into adulthood. Adulthood transgressions are a sign of lack of self-control.

The excuse of "youth" is an extremely weak foundation from which to build an argument, and does not automatically grant the absolution you so easily dole out. Obama was old enough to make a rational choice and he made one. Therefore, just like the rest of us, his character is open to question as a result of that particular decision. But again, too bad liberals at large did not apply the standard you artiulated above to Bill Clinton. In contrast to Cain, his actual adult transgressions only added to the level of esteem granted him by his followers.

Upvote 0

Gawron

Apr 24, 2008
✟5,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no indication of the hypocrisy you claim in that post. Cain was run out of the campaign by Republicans.

Contrast that with the claims of Cain's accusers and you should understand why Clinton was continued to be loved by the American people...

The hypocrisy is self evident for those with the fortitude to admit it. Contrary to what you want people to believe, the allegations against Cain did not originate with the Republicans or the Republican party. Did you not see Gloria Alred trot her latest tabloid queen Sharon Bialek, wail for the cameras, and then dump Bialek as soon she no longer proved useful? Bialek is the shining example of just how seriously liberals take the issue of sexual harassment. As soon as the allegation has served its purpose, the victims can go.....get thrown out of their apartments.

Clinton was far from loved by the American people. He was idolized by those who thought like him and shared his values, values clearly on display and not simply hinted at by some woman drug out of the sewers by an activist like Gloria Allred.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The hypocrisy is self evident for those with the fortitude to admit it. Contrary to what you want people to believe, the allegations against Cain did not originate with the Republicans or the Republican party. Did you not see Gloria Alred trot her latest tabloid queen Sharon Bialek, wail for the cameras, and then dump Bialek as soon she no longer proved useful? Bialek is the shining example of just how seriously liberals take the issue of sexual harassment. As soon as the allegation has served its purpose, the victims can go.....get thrown out of their apartments.

Clinton was far from loved by the American people. He was idolized by those who thought like him and shared his values, values clearly on display and not simply hinted at by some woman drug out of the sewers by an activist like Gloria Allred.
Correction. They didnt share Clintons values, they shared his lack of them.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There are many times when a Department of the US government operates without a head.

actually, no there's not. Oh sure the undersecretary to the undersecrtary of dog walkers in the department of this or that may be vacant for a time, but but there is someone above them, and above that person is the Secretary of one of the 15 current cabinet departments (or the EPA, UN, etc etc), all of which have some one who is at the helm leading them.

it could be, but again, if somehow Paul were actually able to win, that would be an indication that his stance had won the day in that election, so I would find it nearly impossible to believe that the Congress elected on his coat tails would be 2/3 against him most of the time....I suppose it is technically possible, but highly unlikely.

winning an election is a mandate, and if it were Paul v Obama (not likely to be I admit) and Paul won, his ideas, which are in quite stark contrast to President Obama, would have won. Now certainly he would then head one branch of government, kept in check by the other two, but he would have the power of the veto, which like you said could be overturned...but would be very unlikely I think, at least for the first two years...until the midterm.

not sure that that had to do with anything.

Upvote 0