Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There is a tremendous amount of correlation between one's personal and public life. In both personal and public life, Gingrich has a history of, lying, cheating and promoting his own interests above those of others.
It would be fool hardy to say "gee, let's give this guy commander in chief powers, veto powers, appointment powers, etcetera."

I don't care what Gingrich has done..

King David raped Bathsheba, had her husband Uriah the Hittite murdered, after his dscipline from the Lord...."His cup runneth over."

The Lord doesn't hold our sins against us, does he? Once he disciplines us, ALL is wiped clean. NEVER to be mentioned ever again.

This is what the Lord EXPECTS from those that claim to follow His teachings.

YOU are expected to follow the Lord's mandates, instead of hashing up others sins and mistakes that the Lord HANDLES that is clearly none of your business, or mine.

These people are known as busybodies. Carnal busybodies!

Look it up!

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I don't care what Gingrich has done..

King David raped Bathsheba, had her husband Uriah the Hittite murdered, after his dscipline from the Lord...."His cup runneth over."

The Lord doesn't hold our sins against us, does he? Once he disciplines us, ALL is wiped clean. NEVER to be mentioned ever again.

This is what the Lord EXPECTS from those that claim to follow His teachings.

YOU are expected to follow the Lord's mandates, instead of hashing up others sins and mistakes that the Lord HANDLES that is clearly none of your business, or mine.

These people are known as busybodies. Carnal busybodies!

Look it up!
Cool, I hope the Lord will discipline Newt and then wipe his slate clean. But unless you can prove from scripture that God also wants us to give Newt the presidency, you can hold the sermons.
Hey, you yourself said you wanted your country back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
But unless you can prove from scripture that God also wants us to give Newt the presidency, .

Only those that say things such as this, yet again, proves to me how little they know about the Lord's attributes and wisdom. :doh:

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Allow me to suggest, Harpuia, that the issue for you is the distinction between words and actions.

Many of the most vocal "Christians" have failed spectacularly in living up to espoused ideals. Some have apparently even been deliberately hypocritical. It's ugly to look at, but it is what it is.

I was raised in the Bible belt and experienced first-hand, on multiple occasions, the sting of self-righteous hypocrisy. At one point in my childhood, the Reverend Donald Wildmon ... who captured national media attention from time to time regarding family values ... lived next door. Suffice it to say, the right Reverend Wildmon didn't think too highly of the way I was being raised.

Let it go, Harpuia ... set your own sights on a less-hypocritical standard.

It's not really ideals. I just wish many of them just acted like human beings rather than trying to keep this idea that they're better than me just because they belong to a church or believe in a "better Rapture" than someone else does.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's not really ideals. I just wish many of them just acted like human beings rather than trying to keep this idea that they're better than me just because they belong to a church or believe in a "better Rapture" than someone else does.
Ahh ... sanctimonious ... I never liked that either.

I'd guess part of the problem is forgetting about humility ... perhaps another is thinking that one can act only in certain specific ways if one wants to get into heaven.

Ironically, that kinda brings us back to the subject matter of fidelity on the part of Gingrich. In the debate last night, this very subject came up ... and all candidates commented on it before Gingrich had his turn. Someone pointed out, perhaps Ron Paul, that fidelity to the oath of office seemed to be largely ignored by nearly all members of Congress at the current time.

Upvote 0

Gawron

Apr 24, 2008
✟5,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before he was President, during the election, there was his history of smoking marijuana, being a member of Wright's church, etc. etc.

Obama himself admitted to cocaine use, no one on the right made that up. In addition, he was a member of Wright's church.

But none of that is really the issue. The issue is the clear hypocrisy of and the double standard employed by the liberal left. Hermain Cain was run out of the campaign based on nothing but allegations derived from very questionable sources, allegations which to this day have not been substantiated and which were free of any actual sexual misconduct. In comparison, Bill Clinton preys upon an intern and when confronted with it, lies to the American people and subsequently lies about it under oath and when forced to admit he lied, liberals hold him up as an icon of what a President should be.

But Clinton probably learned from Teddy Kennedy, a guy who really knew how to handle a female problem.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama himself admitted to cocaine use
Obama's drug use was in in his youth. Youthful transgressions are normal. Newt's transgressions continued well into adulthood. Adulthood transgressions are a sign of lack of self-control.
But none of that is really the issue. The issue is the clear hypocrisy of and the double standard employed by the liberal left. Hermain Cain was run out of the campaign based on nothing but allegations derived from very questionable sources, allegations which to this day have not been substantiated and which were free of any actual sexual misconduct. In comparison, Bill Clinton preys upon an intern and when confronted with it, lies to the American people and subsequently lies about it under oath and when forced to admit he lied, liberals hold him up as an icon of what a President should be.
There is no indication of the hypocrisy you claim in that post. Cain was run out of the campaign by Republicans. Unless you are claiming that the the liberal left has infultrated the Repbulican primary.

Also, what evidence is there that Clinton's affair with Lewinski was anything other than consentual? You used the phrase "preys upon", but Lewinski never claimed that she was coerced or that any promises were made in exchange for sex. Contrast that with the claims of Cain's accusers and you should understand why Clinton was continued to be loved by the American people and why Cain was thrown out the with trash by his own party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know too many conservative Republicans willing to be quick to forgive Obama's sins, but only to accuse.

If he were to actually admit to them it may happen. Unlikely, but without someone actually acknowledging that they have done wrong, it's not possible to forgive them, even for God. The reality is that the American public is amazingly quick to forgive those, even those they disagree with politically if they take the stance of "hey I screwed up, I'm sorry" as opposed to denying that anything wrong was done. If Clinton had, instead of his famous 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman" instead said " I screwed up I was weak in resisting temptation, I'm sorry to the American public and to my wife and family", it would have been over and done in a few weeks at most.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If he were to actually admit to them it may happen. Unlikely, but without someone actually acknowledging that they have done wrong, it's not possible to forgive them, even for God.
Forgiveness would seem to be possible, even when not asked for ...
Luke 23:33,34 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Before he was President, during the election, there was his history of smoking marijuana, being a member of Wright's church, etc. etc. Not much "forgiveness" for the guy who did that, but we should forgive a guy who divorced while the spouse was fighting cancer simply because he has an R next to his name and not a D or an I.

As much as I don't trust nor really even like Gingrich, that claim is actually false, at least according to his daughter. From what I read from her the real story behind that rumor goes something like this: Mrs. Gingrich wanted a divorce in the early 80's, after they decided to divorce, but before it was finalized she went to a hospital in Atlanta to have a tumor looked at, while she was in the hospital Newt did bring the kids up to see her, the tumor ended up being benign and she is in fact still alive today...this the daughter claims got twisted into the rumors which still persist. Like I said, I'm no fan of Newt, but...fair play is required.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Forgiveness would seem to be possible, even when not asked for ...
Luke 23:33,34 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

The question isn't about forgiveness. It's about holding people responsible for their actions. The two are not mutally exclusive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
As much as I don't trust nor really even like Gingrich, that claim is actually false, at least according to his daughter. From what I read from her the real story behind that rumor goes something like this: Mrs. Gingrich wanted a divorce in the early 80's, after they decided to divorce, but before it was finalized she went to a hospital in Atlanta to have a tumor looked at, while she was in the hospital Newt did bring the kids up to see her, the tumor ended up being benign and she is in fact still alive today...this the daughter claims got twisted into the rumors which still persist. Like I said, I'm no fan of Newt, but...fair play is required.

Oh... I heard my story from my girlfriend so I guess that's the rumor that spread around. Ah well.

Was there a particular reason for either of Gingrich's divorces? (I know he had two.)

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I had the opportunity to see Ron Paul in person this week when he spoke to a standing room only crowd at Iowa State University. He was well received. He is a man of conviction who apparently speaks honestly. There is little doubt in my mind that he will do well in the Iowa caucuses. His message of constitutional limited government and personal responsibility resonates in Iowa.

If he does do well in the caucuses, then the media attacks on Ron Paul will begin in earnest ... stay tuned.

Sorry but will never be a fan of Ron Paul. Could never vote for him, he lies as much as the rest do.

Upvote 0