Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
"Please explain" was about the "half a dozen" comment.

Six=half a dozen, though I would suspect you caught that. He is responding sarcastically, pretending they are actually different, since it had been previously explained to you that refusing to bake a wedding cake, even if you will bake them a birthday cake, is still discrimination based on a protected class.

Accommodation should be made for people who hold religious beliefs that have been a part of our culture for centuries.

Perhaps you could show me the qualification in the First Amendment for "people who hold religious beliefs that have been a part of our culture for centuries."

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,477.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Talk about changing the goalposts. Businesses that have been in operation for generations are now required to submit to the moral decline of society and wishy washy christians.
You mean like cotton farmers?

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a. there is accomodation. Don't go into an industry where you will have to provide services you are religiously opposed to
Many businesses have been operating for generations.

b. still not familiar with the bit where denying services to gays "has been a part of our culture for centuries". I mean, killing them, torturing them and generally persecuting them? yeah, sure, but I assume you don't mind that we don't do that stuff any more.
As a Christian you have to deal with the fact that in the OT God ordered homosexuals to be killed. Jesus removed the penalty but retained the condemnation of the sin ... and that has been a part of our religious culture for centuries.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many businesses have been operating for generations.
So? Laws change, times change.
As a Christian you have to deal with the fact that in the OT God ordered homosexuals to be killed. Jesus removed the penalty but retained the condemnation of the sin ... and that has been a part of our religious culture for centuries.
And you can condemn the sin all you like. Loud and clear. But condemning the sin is different than refusing them a service which they are legally entitled to access.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Talk about changing the goalposts. Businesses that have been in operation for generations are now required to submit to the moral decline of society and wishy washy christians.
Yeah. Don't try to use phrases you're clearly not familiar with. It's not a good look.

Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then dude, just... just come on... you're Poeing me, right? What Australian in his right mind would use the phrase "please explain" in a discussion if he hoped to be taken seriously?

Especially in a discussion about bigotry?
How easily you are distracted. You asked for chapter & verse. I gave it to you. You have ignored it.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How easily you are distracted. You asked for chapter & verse. I gave it to you. You have ignored it.
I didn't ignore it, I pointed out how the chapter and verse you gave was irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

So hey, since you apparently have no idea who Pauline Pantsdown Hanson is/was, yet you claim to be Australian, would it be safe to assume you weren't old enough to be politically aware in the late '90s?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't ignore it, I pointed out how the chapter and verse you gave was irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

So hey, since you apparently have no idea who Pauline Pantsdown Hanson is/was, yet you claim to be Australian, would it be safe to assume you weren't old enough to be politically aware in the late '90s?
I don't appreciate vulgarity so I'm bowing out. Sorry you did not care to give a reasoned response to Ephesians 5:11 which is very relevant for Biblical Christians.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am Australian. Live in Perth. Now what has all that got to do with Ephesians 5:11?
According to my understanding These versus are talking to Christians about Christian activity and who to associate with. To me it means if you have knowledge of a Christian doing what is wrong in the eyes of the Lord, They should be called out.

Please read on to the next few verses and you will get what I mean. Which are: for the things which are done by them in secret it is a shame even to speak of. But all things when they are reproved are made manifest by the light: for everything that is made manifest is light. Wherefore [he] saith, Awake, thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine upon thee. Look therefore carefully how ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise; redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

I think that doing bussiness with others is not breaking anything other than your own standards.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Accommodation should be made for people who hold religious beliefs that have been a part of our culture for centuries.
Do you really think that, in this political climate that any law could be established that would reduce the rights of any group who could claim a history of descrimination?

The entire idea that religious people should be granted by the government the right to limit other citizens rights has never made sence to me. I knew that this was coming, since it was obvious that the word equality, which infact has no limitations has been bantied around since the 60's that it would not be laid to rest until it wuold be fuly realized.

The government can not limit what one group has to that group and not to others.

I've already suggested ways in which Christians can run bussinesses without endangering their conscience. It doesn't take much except the understanding that if you limit others then you yourself are limited by your ideals.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,758,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is being closed. Scattered through the thread is flaming, goading, and discussion of homosexuality outside of what is allowed in this forum. The
Statement of Purpose News & Current Events Forum Statement of Purpose
includes this:

Articles related to homosexuality or gay issues/events may not be discussed in News & Current Events. Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues. Political, legal, historical and civil rights issues related to gay rights may be discussed in American Politics but may not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality or same-sex marriage.

Folks, read the Statement of Purpose for the forums you are posting in!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.