jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
your thoughts on this resolution do you think it will pass tomorrow? does anyone know of any other resolutions such as this?
update: did not pass because it was not even voted on , because it was in the Agenda the committee couldn't agree on the Agenda so no business at all was voted on essentially shutting down the county government but i will continue to update on any new developments on this story
http://fusion.net/story/208532/blount-county-resolution-gods-wrath-tennessee-karen-miller/
http://fusion.net/story/208532/blount-county-resolution-gods-wrath-tennessee-karen-miller/

full resolution No. 15-10-006 can be viewed here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_F3xvWh4oTj6ffBcFLNuyr0UcfZRp3NBWGW7FmKbumk/edit

" Whereas, the United States Supreme Court is not the sole and final arbiter of the powers of the States under the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, when it acts in an area outside its jurisdiction "

" Whereas, the American system of federalism envisions a political stance of resistance by States and their office holders against lawless federal court orders "

" Whereas, unlawful orders no matter their source-whether from a military commander, a federal judge, or the United States Supreme Court-are and remain unlawful, and should be resisted "

* there are 6 more Whereas' just dont want to make this too long ;)
but the complete resolution can be viewed through the above link

A Tennessee woman who was elected earlier this year as Blount County Commissioner thinks legalized gay marriage will cause God to punish Americans in the style of Sodom and Gommorah is asking the divine ruler to overlook Blount County, and hopes an official resolution will help convince Him. Miller’s resolution calls upon “all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature,” to join the commission in saving “natural marriage,” and defending “the Moral Standards of Tennessee.” Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

“WE adopt this Resolution before God that He pass us by in His Coming Wrath and not destroy our County as He did Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities. As the Passover Lamb was a means of salvation to the ancient Children of Israel, so we stand upon the safety of the Lamb of God to save us, ” the resolution reads. “WE adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, MAY have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids.”

Karen Miller filed the resolution, which is set to be heard by the Blount County Agenda Committee on Tuesday Oct.6th(tomorrow). In an agenda posted to the county’s government website, the resolution is the seventh item on a list of “new business”:

screen-shot-2015-10-03-at-11-37-39-am.png

Last edited:

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If this passes, I'll need to set more time aside for crying and laughing than usual.

lol ill update on it tomorrow the resolution is to be heard at 6:30 tomorrow evening as soon as i find out any new info ill post :)
http://www.blounttn.org/comm/agenda/AG151006.PDF

curious as to if she will leave America if they do not pass it and wondering why she would stay and take the chance even if they did pass it :scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gracious Lord, oh bomb the Germans,
Spare their women for Thy Sake,
And if that is not too easy
We will pardon Thy Mistake.
But, gracious Lord, whate'er shall be,
Don't let anyone bomb me.

Keep our Empire undismembered
Guide our Forces by Thy Hand,
Gallant blacks from far Jamaica,
Honduras and Togoland;
Protect them Lord in all their fights,
And, even more, protect the whites.

Think of what our Nation stands for,
Books from Boots' and country lanes,
Free speech, free passes, class distinction,
Democracy and proper drains.
Lord, put beneath Thy special care
One-eighty-nine Cadogan Square.

I will labour for Thy Kingdom,
Help our lads to win the war,
Send white feathers to the cowards
Join the Women's Army Corps,
Then wash the steps around Thy Throne
In the Eternal Safety Zone.

- From In Westminster Abbey by John Betjeman

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Shouldn't they be more worried about the 200+ history of federal law that has allowed idol worship and blasphemy? Seems God was way more concerned with those things in the Old Testament. Did Jesus even mention homosexuality? Seemed he mentioned helping the poor a lot more than he did homosexuality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
your thoughts on this resolution do you think it will pass tomorrow? does anyone know of any other similar resolutions such as this?

full resolution No. 15-10-006 can be viewed here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_F3xvWh4oTj6ffBcFLNuyr0UcfZRp3NBWGW7FmKbumk/edit

A Tennessee woman who thinks legalized gay marriage will cause God to punish Americans in the style of Sodom and Gommorah is asking the divine ruler to overlook Blount County, and hopes an official resolution will help convince Him.

Blount County Commissioner Karen Miller filed the resolution, which is set to be heard by the Blount County Agenda Committee on Tuesday Oct.6th(tomorrow). In an agenda posted to the county’s government website, the resolution is the seventh item on a list of “new business”:

screen-shot-2015-10-03-at-11-37-39-am.png
I know some people that live in that county. And there are some nutcases in Blount County for certain. However, most that I have known are not as clueless as this woman.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If they ban bacon can we let them back out of the union?

It wouldn't be a bad idea to designate a state where the ultra-conservatives can all move to and then let the state secede. I'm sure that they couldn't wait to enact their own version of Sharia law. Public hangings for eating a shrimp and bacon sandwich while wearing a wool/cotton blend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It wouldn't be a bad idea to designate a state where the ultra-conservatives can all move to and then let the state secede. I'm sure that they couldn't wait to enact their own version of Sharia law. Public hangings for eating a shrimp and bacon sandwich while wearing a wool/cotton blend.
I vote for Alabama. Maybe Texas. But Texas has oil.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

great idea but who knows what it would be like since they are only interested in following the scriptures that they agree with loved and downloaded your tattoo pic above btw so funny :preach:

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Come on now, we all know the only law we have to follow is the one about the gays. The rest of the Old Testament can safely be ignored.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Willing to bet most of them will laugh it out of the session: there are far more practical things to focus on in TN, and I say that as someone who plans to vote in the upcoming elections (once I figure out what they're for, since I'm still admittedly a greenhorn when it comes to them in most cases, barring midterm senatorial/legislative/gubernatorial or presidential elections)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.