Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
After attempting to attend a Todd Bentley service, I had to write to them, and this was the email I sent to god.tv following last night's session:

Please do not pass by the reading of this email as it contains very important information. Have you ever heard of recruitment, hyperacusis or tinnitus? These are conditions of the hearing impaired that often keep them from attending functions in noisy environments.

RECRUITMENT is a condition commonly associated with the discomfort of hearing loss. The condition of recruitment is experienced by people who have hyper-sensitive ears and are unable to tolerate even ordinary levels of noise.

Recruitment patients often find normal loudness of sounds extremely painful and too loud for their tolerance. Hearing becomes impaired, due to the loss of tiny hair cells in the inner ear, called the cilia.

HYPERACUSIS is a severe collapsed intolerance to normal environmental sounds. The ears lose most of their dynamic range and have a difficult time with sudden shifts of sound loudness. If even everyday noises can become, suddenly, unbearably loud, can you imagine what an extremely loud pa system will do?

TINNITUS is ringing of the ears. It can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients it takes the form of a high pitched whining, buzzing, hissing, humming, or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts", tunes, songs, or beeping. It has also been described as a "whooshing" sound, as of wind or waves. It too is believed to be caused by the destruction of hair cells in the inner ear, called the cilia, due to loud noise and is the number one affliction of wartime soldiers.

My twin brother, Dennis, and I, suffer with all three of these conditions, and to get around, we sometimes must resort to wearing earplugs. You can’t imagine how we felt as we neared the Florida Center last night – in anticipation of receiving healing -- to attend, for our first time, a Todd Bentley service. The band could be heard for a block outside the stadium. Despite that, we chose to wait it out, to see if wearing earplugs would permit us to sit through those long hours ahead of us. We wanted to be prayed for at the end.

Unfortunately, the unendurably loud pa system was far too much for us to bear and so we left after an hour.

PLEASE listen to what I write. Mosh pits, where folks stand in front of a stage where the noise is the loudest -– as well as a continual use of ipods – are two of the main reasons why hearing impairment is gaining ground on a daily basis, especially for the youth of today.

My twin brother and I contracted these three conditions during our enlistment during the Vietnam Era. We are both 56, and each of us receives a monthly disability check from the Veterans Administration.

Many well known personalities today suffer with tinnitus. William Shatner and Leonard Limoy are two of these people. Listen to Shatner speak here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7bL9BhESYA

I am pleading with you to search out this information. Read what has happened to many people today due to loud noise. You may wish to start by reading the Tinnitus Support Message Board http://tinnitussupport92262.yuku.com/forums/1 and the Hyperacusis Network at http://www.hyperacusis.net/ The loud pa system you guys are intent on using will cause ear damage to the uninformed people both who stand in front of the stage and merely attend.

While I was at the Center, I even saw mothers carrying around their babies in that very loud environment. It is gross neglect to do such a thing. Continuing as you are, blasting your sounds to the audience, will be the cause of great suffering. Please stop this now. Don’t wait. Turn the volume down. Turn it way down.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for this warning - I have said for a long time the business to get into in the future should have something to do with hearing problems - driving down the street and hearing all that loud music closed up in a car - has got to do damage - my inlaws were both deaf so I am very sensitive to ear problems.

People don't think it bothers them, but little by little it does damage. I go to church with a friend of mine a couple times a year - they sit around with ear plugs, tissues in their ears - I have to get up and leave and sit out in the entrance - that is not necessary - God is not deaf - my friend spoke to the minister and he said it enhances the service - but not for me.

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am so sorry for your experience, and that you could not stay for the whole service. I assume that you will not be going at all now?

From your description, I am not sure why you went at all though, wouldn't it be better to stream it online, where you can control the volume yourself? I don't think it would matter what kind of large venue you were to visit, secular or christian however, with thousands of people present, you will of neccessitiy have a huge volume of noise.

I am sure you can get much of the experience from the online streaming.

Peace...

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sorry your trip didn't work out for you hope in God ... I will keep you and your brother in prayer. Could you wait for the music to be over and then go in?

They said people were being slain in the Spirit in the hall ways.

I have very sensetive ears too after five patrols on a FBM submarine as a Sonarman back in the 70's, but I never go any where anyway.

Hang in there ... if God has a plan for me then He has a plan for you. It'll all work out in the end.

My pastor leaves tomorrow for the Sun n' Fun grand opening of the Todd Bentley air dome in Lakeland, Florida.

My friend and evangelist Joe Cicchino was at Lakeland last night and he got healed of a ear problem he picked up in Vietnam.

Let us know if God TV responds ... they get a lot of email now days.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How disappointing for you brother. I do hope the ministry take note of this need for less damaging sound levels.

I hear that many people have received impartations from the Lakeland revival to take home to their own churches and ministries, so maybe seeking those folks out would be a more peaceful and less painful way to pursue God for healing?

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Still no word from Bentley's team regarding the email I sent them. Maybe in another week. I doubt it, because I heard him say this evening while on stage (watching on my computer) that he doesn't care if people say it's too loud.

Stupid man. He has absolutely no idea what he is causing, nor do those who attend know what they are opening the door to in their lives. There will be many more damaged ears due to this kind of craziness, lack of care, and plain ignorance.

Imagine getting healed of one thing, but returning home with tinnitus or hyperacusis. It's incredible stupidity.

Dave

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still no word from Bentley's team regarding the email I sent them. Maybe in another week. I doubt it, because I heard him say this evening while on stage (watching on my computer) that he doesn't care if people say it's too loud.

Stupid man. He has absolutely no idea what he is causing, nor do those who attend know what they are opening the door to in their lives. There will be many more damaged ears due to this kind of craziness, lack of care, and plain ignorance.

Imagine getting healed of one thing, but returning home with tinnitus or hyperacusis. It's incredible stupidity.

Dave
sorry that happened...

i think everywhere is to loud..

my wife and I carry ear plugs everywhere!

my tinnitus gets worse,when sinus inflamation.

we walked out of churches that were to loud,its obnoxious!

Upvote 0

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is very funny that people connect moves of God with extremely loud volumes. And this person told you the very thing that my former pastor used to say: that if loud music bothered you to put cotton in your ears. My answer to that is , "What would Jesus do?" I have found that a true move of the Holy Spirit doesn't need all the hype. Just like a musical band that is really good does not need to blast you out of the building because they rest on their ability rather their manipulation of your physical responses through volume. There is a physiological response that the body has to excessive volume that mimics a high. Your body literally reaches a euphoria because endorphins are produced to combat the pain and harm that is being inflicted upon it. The fact that this person does not care about the complaints tells me that he knows this fact (or the spirit behind this situation) and is manipulating the audience to get the response that he wants. Makes me wonder, indeed. This is the exact tactic that the church that I just left did all the time. I don't like to judge anything but the fruit of the Spirit speaks for itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Still no word from Bentley's team regarding the email I sent them. Maybe in another week. I doubt it, because I heard him say this evening while on stage (watching on my computer) that he doesn't care if people say it's too loud. ...

Ah, nice to see the merciful love of Christ on display in his ministry. :thumbsup:

Hey, why should he care? If people really have faith, the noise won't hurt them, and if the noise does hurt them, it must be their own fault because they LACKED faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.