Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
My mum was a brilliant cook . She had the patience to study recipes and to experiment .

However , you couldn't beat her Lancashire hot pot , her spud pie , and broth you could stand your spoon up in .

My dad also made the best chips ever . :)

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hot pot - ooh I used to love them :) The potato slices on the top with nice crispy edges :)

home made chips - I believe the 'in' expression for them is 'twice cooked' :) Deep fried till they were almost done and then lifted out and the dripping heated up again to almost smoking point and then the chips carefully lowered back in till done - mmmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks you lot. You are obviously still my friends. Sorry about the booze. I got tied up with ALL KINDS of rubbish, both online and off. Been an absolutely HORRENDOUS couple of days with my mum, social services and others plus in CF. i blew it last night. I was and am fragile but trying to be strong and brave. Did not win testerday

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Thanks you lot. You are obviously still my friends. Sorry about the booze. I got tied up with ALL KINDS of rubbish, both online and off. Been an absolutely HORRENDOUS couple of days with my mum, social services and others plus in CF. i blew it last night. I was and am fragile but trying to be strong and brave. Did not win testerday
Peace .

Don't beat yourself up .

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
WOW - mead - and very nice too

I just had some beer tonight with my egg , chicken and salad :)

Told you I'd be having a meat fest this week - tomorrow will be meat too and Friday even though they are normally fast days :) There's no fasting this week - it's a feast [ Resurrection ] that lasts the whole wonderful week which we call Bright Week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.