anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thankyou Red Fox.

S.ilvio, I am struggling with the book at the moment, so we are going out for some meringues!

I dont feel in the mood for doing the book because there is a Nemirial Mass at our Church fir the dead, and I have been reminded of my Dad so mych jyst lately and I wanted to go but ge was an atheist, and also some people have started to comment on how iften we are in Church, so we didnt go. We are not proper Catholucs to some people because we are converts. Mi am just feeling very sad.

Will do the book tomorrow and take refuge in eringues tonight. Mi hope for a quiet time in Church tomorrow but ut us aways so nousy even at Adoration.

Right,moff for meringues

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thankyou Red Fox.

S.ilvio, I am struggling with the book at the moment, so we are going out for some meringues!

I dont feel in the mood for doing the book because there is a Nemirial Mass at our Church fir the dead, and I have been reminded of my Dad so mych jyst lately and I wanted to go but ge was an atheist, and also some people have started to comment on how iften we are in Church, so we didnt go. We are not proper Catholucs to some people because we are converts. Mi am just feeling very sad.

Will do the book tomorrow and take refuge in eringues tonight. Mi hope for a quiet time in Church tomorrow but ut us aways so nousy even at Adoration.

Right,moff for meringues

yep i know about the 'not proper Catholics' bit. i got that 'welcome' at my first RCIA meeting introductions when i let them know that the last Catholic in my family line
up until me logged in all the way back in 1066 (Battle of Hastings). that kind of rocked the house.:eek::):)

Reactions: anjelica
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,429.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Putting it bluntly anjelica - stuff the business about not going to the Memorial Mass because your father was an atheist.

If I could ask for , and have , a Panachyda [ Memorial Service ] for my non-believeing husband you can certainly go to one and ask for prayers for your father .

It's no business of people to comment on how often you are in Church ! Your spiritual life is your concern - not theirs.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Did someone say Dinner???"
Service Dog Project - Nursery Cam - Dog Bless You - explore 2015-11-27 15-30-10.jpg

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks Anhelyna and pdudgeon. I don't understand it but my Dad died 14 years ago but it set me on the path into the Catholuc Church because I felt heaven touching earth as he died, and for ages afterwards. We moved right away to start a new lufe in Derbyshire. Then came back to my hometown in 2009 and loads has happened to us here - hubbynbecoming disabled, sick and in a wheelchair. My cancer and then its after effects. A legal case still ongoing on the house still ongoing after five years!

In all that time I only thought a lot about him for the first year, then it kind if got better and I was not affected by it. But THIS year it is as if he is visiting me almost. I keep seeing him, just like I did just after he died. Weird!

We did not go to the Memirial Mass. But tomorrow I want to spend some time on my own in the Church because something is gappening here and Indon't know what. I just rang my Mum because I remembered something and I needed to as her if it was true and it was and SHE is STILL raging angry with him for dying! They shook their fists at each other just before he died. Hubby said maybe he is trying to ask me if there is anything I can do to stop her dying andbgetting to him - she is almost 90 and sick LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks Anhelyna and pdudgeon. I don't understand it but my Dad died 14 years ago but it set me on the path into the Catholuc Church because I felt heaven touching earth as he died, and for ages afterwards. We moved right away to start a new lufe in Derbyshire. Then came back to my hometown in 2009 and loads has happened to us here - hubbynbecoming disabled, sick and in a wheelchair. My cancer and then its after effects. A legal case still ongoing on the house still ongoing after five years!

In all that time I only thought a lot about him for the first year, then it kind if got better and I was not affected by it. But THIS year it is as if he is visiting me almost. I keep seeing him, just like I did just after he died. Weird!

We did not go to the Memirial Mass. But tomorrow I want to spend some time on my own in the Church because something is gappening here and Indon't know what. I just rang my Mum because I remembered something and I needed to as her if it was true and it was and SHE is STILL raging angry with him for dying! They shook their fists at each other just before he died. Hubby said maybe he is trying to ask me if there is anything I can do to stop her dying andbgetting to him - she is almost 90 and sick LOL

raging anger in times like that is only an expression of frustration at one's own inability to change things, coupled with incredible, mind-numbing grief.
it's not actual anger, but sometimes it looks like or sounds like it is.
those of us who have been there know the difference,
while other people who are standing by and observing all this odd behaviour are left not knowing what to think.

it sounds to me like both of your parents were incredibly frustrated when your father was dying, because they were both
powerless to change things or even to help.
they probably had an incredibly hard time expressing all that they felt during those moments,
so all they could do in their grief was to rage against their helplessness.

those are times when all the usual barriers of niciety fall by the wayside, and true feelings come to the surface.
added on top of the stress is the additional burden of having to say everything that has been held back previously,
and at the same time wondering if there will be enough time--or even enough breath--to get the words out.

the saving grace in these moments is usually not what is said, but what is felt between the two.
that's where love is sometimes silent but always present in the heart.

Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Pdudgeon, thankyou. So much of that is true. My parents were both violent however, always, and raised fists was nothing. They did not love each other, but there was a very strange kind of bond between them. Really odd. My mother hated my father, and actually he died through the negligence of the hospital when he had a stroke, and she is still livid about that. They were a strange pair. My mum abused me very very badly, but I still love her. She is ill now, and difficult though she is, I love her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.