Refuting Israeli talking points (moving)

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, is it justifiable for the Israelis to drove the Palestinians out of the land that they have worked and lived on for so long and take over their houses and their farms?

The Palestinians never occupied the land that belongs to Israel. I can prove that Israel occupied this land since well before 1000 bc. Can you prove that the Palestinians occupied this land before Israel?

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I am a descendent of prehistoric people that lived in the land that your house occupies in Kuala Lumpur. I want my land back. ^_^^_^
What do you want to do about it? Evict me from my house that was built here generations ago? Take over my farm that was worked on by my ancestors generations ago? Make me a refugee?

BTW: We just say KL. Kuala Lumpur is just a mouthful

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The Palestinians never occupied the land that belongs to Israel. I can prove that Israel occupied this land since well before 1000 bc. Can you prove that the Palestinians occupied this land before Israel?
What do you want to do about it? Evict the Palestinians from their houses that was built generations ago? Take over their farm that was worked on by their ancestors generations ago? Make them and their families refugees?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you want to do about it? Evict me from my house that was built here generations ago? Take over my farm that was worked on by my ancestors generations ago? Make me a refugee?

Again, I can prove historically that the land belongs to Israel.

Sounds good, thanks.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does this mean? Armed forced evictions are acceptable? Population displacement is justifiable? Farm burning is okay?

What? The UN resolution 181 which practically approved the state of Israel allowed for Palestinians that lived within Israel's borders to stay and become Israeli citizens. However, all of that went out the window when the Arab League decided to attack Israel in 1948. As the Arab League began loosing more than 700,000 Palestinians and Arabs fled the conflict. Those expelled were the ones fighting against Israel and many left on their own accord given the ferocity of the fighting. The issue here, once again, is not Israel but the aggressors, the Arab League.

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
What? The UN resolution 181 which practically approved the state of Israel allowed for Palestinians that lived within Israel's borders to stay and become Israeli citizens. However, all of that went out the window when the Arab League decided to attack Israel in 1948. As the Arab League began loosing more than 700,000 Palestinians and Arabs fled the conflict. Those expelled were the ones fighting against Israel and many left on their own accord given the ferocity of the fighting. The issue here, once again, is not Israel but the aggressors, the Arab League.
The UN resolution was due to symphaty for the Jews due to Christian persecution in Europe. The Palestinian never agreed to the whole thing. Why should their fate be decided by other people from other places?

Why would they allow their homes to be taken? And that was what happened.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The UN resolution was due to symphaty for the Jews due to Christian persecution in Europe.

:doh:No, the UN resolution was brought by England who could no longer financially support their colonies, and mediate the Arab-Jew civil war in the region, after WWII.

The Palestinian never agreed to the whole thing.

The Arab League did not include Palestinians. Their 6 members were Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Saidi Arabia, and Syria. There was no Palestinian nation.

Why should their fate be decided by other people from other places?

Blame the Arab League since they ruined it for them.

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
:doh:No, the UN resolution was brought by England who could no longer financially support their colonies, and mediate the Arab-Jew civil war in the region, after WWII.

The Arab League did not include Palestinians. Their 6 members were Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Saidi Arabia, and Syria. There was no Palestinian nation.

Blame the Arab League since they ruined it for them.
Of course there was war. That will happened when a group tried to take the land that was occupied and worked on for generations by another group.

Blame the Christian persecution of the Jews since they were the ones making the Jews occupying already occupied land.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course there was war. That will happened when a group tried to take the land that was occupied and worked on for generations by another group.

lol Nope. Man, you are in need of some serious study on the history of the region.

Blame the Christian persecution of the Jews since they were the ones making the Jews occupying already occupied land.

^_^^_^^_^

I have to go. Nice talking to you. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
lol Nope. Man, you are in need of some serious study on the history of the region.

^_^^_^^_^

I have to go. Nice talking to you. :wave:
Okay. Same to you.

But you'll probably study pro-Israeli history and I'll probably study pro-Palestinian history.

Upvote 0

BaconWizard

Jan 8, 2014
UK
✟16,242.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Okay. Same to you.

But you'll probably study pro-Israeli history and I'll probably study pro-Palestinian history.

Butting-in here, but isn't it everyone's obligation to make a deliberate effort to study the other history?

People are probably getting sick of me saying it, but surely scientific method should be applied to forming one's opinion? You (plural.. we, one) should TRY and disprove your own viewpoint as often as possible. What endures, you may trust. What is somewhat challenged, you should investigate further, and some things you will find were not true to begin-with.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, is it justifiable for the Israelis to drove the Palestinians out of the land that they have worked and lived on for so long and take over their houses and their farms?

Excuse me...you solely blame Israel for everything, you don't think they had any rights to a State, you don't think they should defend themselves against attacks that were not simply indignity that land was being given to Jews for a State, but were a serious attempt at wiping out the Jewish people from the Middle-East...something that many Moslem nations and factions still hope to accomplish one day...if not directly themselves, then indirectly by supplying finance and weapons.

You make it sound as if the Arabs were gentle farmers who just wanted peace and freedom, you don't mention the underlying nature of Arab nationalism or the need for Islam to take back land in the name of Allah and you persist in the myth of Palestinians and their fairy-tale history.

On top of this look at the present day backdrop of the Middle East conflict...what is going on in Israel and so called war crimes and genocide pales into insignificance when you see what the various factions of Islam are doing to one another...all in the name of Allah.

The only nation that is stable and can defend itself and its citizens in the Middle East is Israel, but when it does virtually every Moslem suddenly has a conscience and wants to air their grievances, even though the vast majority have been silent about Sunni killing Shia, and Shia killing Sunni, even though Moslem suicide bombers blow other Moslem civilians to pieces, even though torture, and beheadings are the norm...lets focus on Israel fighting a legitimate conflict...lets rage and get public opinion against Israel, lets show lots of dead kids, lets say virtually everyone was a civilian, lets say Israel are much more powerful and should never attack defenceless Moslems that only want the blockades lifted and the right to live a peaceful life....lets glorify Hamas and their just cause.

Upvote 0

wn123455

Sep 14, 2013
✟16,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Like how the Malays stole the Orang Asli land?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Almost 1 million of the 1.8 miilion souls in the Gaza Strip are UN registered refugees displaced when the Israelis drove them off their land.

Keep questioning as questions are beginning of wisdom. Who knows? One day you might even accept objective facts (I'm not holding my breath, fyi). Salaam.

Laughable. By this standard you can say 1/4 of all Germans are refugees as well.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
291ntd5.jpg

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how much of an accurate portrayal this is. It's so true.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually the lands that Israel presently occupy historically belongs to the decendants of the Philistines and the Canaanites.

...who lost it in war to the Hebrews...who lost it in war to the Romans....who left....then the locals lost it in war to the Arab invaders....then the Arabs lost it in war to the Israelis.....

...um what's your actual point?

War makes borders. Deal with it and move on.

So, is it justifiable for the Israelis to drove the Palestinians outof their lands that they have worked and lived on for so long and take over their houses and their farms?

Israel handed the Arabs ("Palestinians") a place called Gaza, and said "here- govern, live and do what you want. We'll even kick the Jews out for you. Just don't cause trouble" What did they do? Attack Israel and call for blood.

To me this is far simpler than it is for other posters. Hamas needs to be overthrown, the people of Gaza de-programmed from their propaganda and thought-control and a real government of Gazans for Gazans put in its place. One that not only wants the rights of a sovereign state but is also prepared to take the responsibilities of one. And only the checks and balances of a Western styled democracy with Middle Eastern flavour can assure that kind of peace and stability in such a place.

Upvote 0