Refuting Israeli talking points (moving)

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
...continued...

Myth: Israel protects civilians by airdropping leaflets warning residents of Gaza to avoid locations and individuals affiliated with Hamas.
Fact: In the last five days, Israel has bombed an estimated 1,643 sites in an area that is just 140 square miles – about twice the size of Washington DC. Hamas is the party that runs the local government. The question must be asked:
Just where are the people supposed to hide?

536635_10151146647633990_982540612_n.jpg

israeli-leaflet.jpg

Myth: Retaliation by Palestinians is either terrorism or just plain stupidity. The former is the common belief of advocates of Zionism, and the latter is a frequent concern (albeit not often expressed openly) among liberal supporters of Palestinian rights.
Fact:
The right to self-defense (most often through “retaliation”) is enshrined in international law and was America’s own first response after it was attacked on Sept. 11, 2001. Why was it ethical for the U.S., but not for Palestinians?

As one young Gazan wrote on Facebook: “When you see your family killed by Israeli soldiers in front of your eyes and you see your house demolished in front of you, you feel so angry that you want to fight back. But once you fight back, you are called a terrorist and the aggressor becomes the victim who has the right of defense.”

Catherine Charratt, a PhD candidate in international politics at the UK’s Aberystwyth University, recently wrote on Mondoweiss:
According to the Geneva Conventions, a people under occupation have the legal right to resist their occupation; Article 1 (4) of Protocol 1 stresses that force may be used to pursue the right of self-determination.

(However,) according to Western news media, all resistance fighters in Palestine are illegitimate militants, while Israel -- as a Western-favored state -- is allowed to target and assassinate Hamas government and military officials... So, Palestinian military and political leaders can be legitimately targeted but they are not allowed to legitimately retaliate.

4 myths about the Israeli war on Gaza - Booknut - Open Salon

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No. Because the people already living there in 1948 did not agree to it. It violated the principles of national self-determination in the UN charter which granted people the right to decide their own destiny.

The UN is responsible for setting up the state of Israel in 1948. Secondly, there has never been a Palestinian state prior to 1988. Third, the area was part of the Ottoman Empire until early in the 20th century after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. Then it became part of the English Mandate until 1947.

Historically, Israel occupied the area until 70ad when the Roman Empire destroyed the temple. In 135ad, Roman Emperor Hadrian defeated the remaining Israelites in the Ban Kokhba insurrection and renamed the area Palestine (a Latin play on the Philistines which were Israel's greater foe).

Israel is a UN fully recognized sovereign state.

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that what you are trying to do now?
No. Trust me. If the Palestianians got their land back today. There would be no pogroms and holocaust and persecution just like what the Christians used to do to the Jews.

Just because you are a racist, please don't imply that I am.

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
tumblr_mdsbcrLpTJ1qj7024.jpg

You forgot to add the picture of Hamas hiding in schools using children as shields. Big detail is missing if you ask me. But I guess trivial things can escape an artist's eye
Why don't you add the picture if that is true?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
tumblr_mdsbcrLpTJ1qj7024.jpg

You forgot to add the picture of Hamas hiding in schools using children as shields. Big detail is missing if you ask me. But I guess trivial things can escape an artist's eye
How about if we ask the actual surviving victims? Would they blame Hamas or the IDF for losing their limbs or their homes or their relatives?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you add the picture if that is true?

2q3ogwn.jpg

Oh....you were asking for proof of Hamas using Palestinian children as human shields. I don't think you'll be getting it.

Abu Saleem, 56, a resident of Khuza’a echoed Abu Toaimah, “Israelis claim that Hamas is using us as human shields– how? This is a lie, we do not see fighters in the streets. It’s them, the Israelis who used us as human shields in Khuza’a and Shuja’iyeh. They turned our houses into military posts, terrified residents in the houses. They attacked innocent civilians with their bombs, and missiles, they attacked chicken farms, they burned our crops, they have no mercy.”

Survivors of massacre in Khuza'a say Israeli forces used Palestinians as human shields

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How about if we ask the actual surviving victims? Would they blame Hamas or the IDF for losing their limbs or their homes or their relatives?

They would blame the IDF because the Hamas Islamization of Gaza, which so far has included primary and secondary education of Children geared to hate Israel and Jews. Lets not forget about the Mickey Mouse lookalike Farfur and the Hamas-run summer camps among many others.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh....you were asking for proof of Hamas using Palestinian children as human shields. I don't think you'll be getting it.

Is well documented. You can stick your head in the sand but that does not change fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
They would blame the IDF because the Hamas Islamization of Gaza, which so far has included primary and secondary education of Children geared to hate Israel and Jews. Lets not forget about the Mickey Mouse lookalike Farfur and the Hamas-run summer camps among many others.
See what you are doing. You are making conjecture. You don't even know the syllabus of the primary and secondary education of the Gazan children. It's making you look like a lying propagandist.

On that note. Should French school children (and in the rest of occupied Europe) in 1943 be taught to love or at least accept their Nazi occupiers?

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Hamas needs to renounce violence.

Arafat et al. used to shoot rockets at school buses, but after they stopped doing this, Israel eventually negotiated with them.

Hamas likewise needs to renounce violence.
Israel needs to renounce violence.

The IDF. used to shoot rockets at school buses and ambulances , and they have not stopped doing this.

Israel likewise needs to renounce violence.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
See what you are doing. You are making conjecture. You don't even know the syllabus of the primary and secondary education of the Gazan children. It's making you look like a lying propagandist.

On that note. Should French school children (and in the rest of occupied Europe) in 1943 be taught to love or at least accept their Nazi occupiers?

Wait a minute, you are the person calling people liars and yet you imply moral equivalence between Nazism and the Jewish state.

Upvote 0