Toronto
✟71,227.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Please pray for me. I got out of a long-term relationship in mid-May and I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with it. I've turned to alcohol, cigarettes, and sexual sin as ways to try to forget about her. I see her about twice a week at school, and it's driving me crazy. She wants to be friends, but doesn't understand that that is too hard for me. I have a lot of resentment against her. I put a lot more into the relationship than she did, and it seems like not being together is very easy. Despite this, she calls me often, crying, saying that she doesn't have anybody. I love her and care about her and want to be there for her, but I can't without being hurt myself.

I've never been so distant from God. I've stopped going to church, regularly praying, and I'm lucky if I read a chapter of the Bible a day.

Please pray that God will help me get through this. It's probably the single most difficult thing I've ever had to go through and I just don't know how to properly cope. It's affecting my studies, my relationship with others, my happiness, my relationship with God, and almost every other area of my life. I'm miserable all day, every day, unless I'm sinning. Please, please, please pray for me.

I'm buying a puppy this week to help cheer me up. I need all of the help I can get.

Reactions: Tarika
Jul 5, 2007
In a home
Visit site
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I am new to this site and just came across your post. I want to let you know there is hope and peace even in the middle of your storm.
I have been where you are right now several times. Once when I was about 18 I was madly in love with the girl of my dreams. At first she was in love with me too. THEN one day when it came close to her to go off to college she gave me the I just want to be friends speech and that she was not ready for a serious relationship. I WAS HEART BROKEN! I was so depressed. I felt the world had came to an end and there was no hope without her. I tried everything to win her back but it did not work. Then she went off to college and married the first guy who came along.
I turned from God, the word and everyone else. I turned to every drug I could get my hands on and a bottle of vodka almost every day. I even turned to shooting up speed and downers. I too even turned to any girl I could sleep with and smoking. I wanted to die without her.
THEN I met my wife. That was 27+ yrs ago and I have been happily married now for 22 of those yrs. I found that what I was doing in that first relationship was putting her first in my life. I realize now I was not putting Jesus first. Now I have put him first in my life, my wife second, my daughter third ect ect..
I have during some of our earlier yrs also suffered from major depression about this and life. I have truly tried many time to end my life yet God seemed to also step in and save my life. I now am drug free and also been set free from depression and suicide.
So turn toward God, go to church and keep active. As you put him first you’ll see changes in your life. If this young lady is meant for you and you her then leave it in Gods hands. If it not meant to be then so be it. Remember “all things work for the good of those that believe and love the Lord”. Right now it seems hopeless and I know it hurts. As you do put God first and she hears of the changes in your life again if she is meant for you then he will draw her back to you.
So remember you have a brother in Christ name John that is prayer for you and for the depression. Know this that Jesus loves you very much and will never ever turn his back on you. He says in Hebrews 13:5, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
God Bless and hang on. :groupray: :groupray: :pray:

Upvote 0

baruch4

Jun 20, 2007
✟19,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
aa8dfd0611734b2e0682d5esi3.gif

Upvote 0

CASEY82

Oct 16, 2006
Caboolture
✟16,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for me. I got out of a long-term relationship in mid-May and I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with it. I've turned to alcohol, cigarettes, and sexual sin as ways to try to forget about her. I see her about twice a week at school, and it's driving me crazy. She wants to be friends, but doesn't understand that that is too hard for me. I have a lot of resentment against her. I put a lot more into the relationship than she did, and it seems like not being together is very easy. Despite this, she calls me often, crying, saying that she doesn't have anybody. I love her and care about her and want to be there for her, but I can't without being hurt myself.

I've never been so distant from God. I've stopped going to church, regularly praying, and I'm lucky if I read a chapter of the Bible a day.

Please pray that God will help me get through this. It's probably the single most difficult thing I've ever had to go through and I just don't know how to properly cope. It's affecting my studies, my relationship with others, my happiness, my relationship with God, and almost every other area of my life. I'm miserable all day, every day, unless I'm sinning. Please, please, please pray for me.

I'm buying a puppy this week to help cheer me up. I need all of the help I can get.

Thank you god that all things are within your reach, there are no problems we face that you cannot handle if we hold on to you. father my friend crys out to you know for strength! god he is being attacked from every angle and he is weary - father i pray that your spirit falls on him tonight as he sleeps and gives him a strength he never knew he had. Give him confidence and courage that this too will pass and he will come through this better than he imagined. God give him peace that comes from knowing his has been cleansed of sin and is living in your amazing grace and love. Father help him when he feels weak, when temptation is becomming too much for him to bare alone, god remind him that you are his strength! that if he holds onto you lord, he will make it through. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world - let this be his hearts cry god. I also pray that you move in the hear of this young lady he was dating, lord help her to see that she needs to stop relying on him and to give him space to heal.

Amen

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes, Father, please intervene. hypo is too distraught to cope. he has distanced himself from You, Lord, but he still loves and needs You. please bring healing to his broken heart, Lord, and cancel the enemy's plans to harm hypo. we thank You that Your sweet Spirit prays for us, Lord. i love You. amen.

hypostatic, many of course know what you are going through. a broken heart is so very painful, i know. may our Lord continue to bless you. i am sorry you have to go through this. the only thing i could think of after i read your post was "just lay it all at the foot of the cross, brother." read the prayers from others and offer prayer yourself. you will get through this with God's help. He wants to comfort you if you will let Him. just return to Him, bro.

love in Christ,

suzee

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Father, please fill your precious son with Your peace.
Comfort and heal him, Lord, hold him in Your arms and bless him.
Help him to stay close and trust You , Lord.
In Jesus name
Amen

God bless you, brother.
God does have a perfect plan for your life - just hold on to Him and He will bring you through this!
:hug:

Upvote 0

TeAroha

Jesus... The Name Above All
Jun 27, 2007
in the city
✟11,198.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father,
send your spirit to our brother, as he ask for pray over his life. This is your child God, a man of God, he shall not be lead astray from you Lord. Draw him back to you. Remind him of your love. Touch his heart more than ever before. Let him turn to you for love and comfort, let him read the word more and more everyday. Show him just how wonderful your love and forgivness can be. Let him taste again just how sweet your love is, and uncover the that sin does not comfort but only destroys. Lord he is willing and his heart is open to you. We are like lost sheep, and you are out Sheppard, lead us back...
Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer, and thank you Lord for answering my prayer...
In faith, I will pray, by the name of Jesus Christ our saviour
Jesus
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notwrapped

Legend
Jul 4, 2007
✟97,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hypostatic... I know exactly what you are going through. as the saying goes "Been there,Done that".That being said I can only say that now is the time to draw closer to God not fade to black! I will pray for You and keep you in my thoughts.Remember "Life is Change" We must all learn to work through what,at times, seems impossible.You must believe , although,that one thing will never change and that is Gods love for you...He will NEVER abandon you.Move towards His light ...Faith,Faith ,Faith...:)

Upvote 0

EricaRitch

Jul 14, 2007
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God just smiles down on you, he is so pleased with waht he has made. Sing praises to God and he will restore you with joy and peace. Meditate on his word and he will re fill you, speak in your heavenly language and your spirit will soar with the angels. Rely on God and he will be your strength. God wants nothing more then to love you, He wants nothing more then to bless you and be there for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums