United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello, I need prayers for myself please. I have started my masters in software engineering, a conversion course for people with some coding experience, but I have been struggling a lot these past few weeks. I am finding it difficult, so difficult that to cope with the stress I have been using alcohol to help me escape. I have been drinking a lot, only beers, but to the point where I get drunk almost every day. I have gotten to the point where I haven't even done any work for the past week, just drinking. I managed to stave off of it today, and hope to keep it that way. Though, I just layed in bed all day feeling depressed.

Please pray for me, thank you

Luca

Onlythingavailable

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
✟274,478.00
Faith
Christian
Praying for you!

You know this, of course, but drinking will only make it harder in the long run. Maybe these are some things you could consider:
- Reduce your course load if you can. Better to pass one class than fail two.
- Studies can often be overwhelming, so your university probably has some guidance services for students.
- Seek out your classmates and join a study group. Working with others can make it a lot easier compared to trying to figure out everything on your own.

• Friendly
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Praying for you!

You know this, of course, but drinking will only make it harder in the long run. Maybe these are some things you could consider:
- Reduce your course load if you can. Better to pass one class than fail two.
- Studies can often be overwhelming, so your university probably has some guidance services for students.
- Seek out your classmates and join a study group. Working with others can make it a lot easier compared to trying to figure out everything on your own.
Thank you for your advice !

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I need prayers for myself please. I have started my masters in software engineering, a conversion course for people with some coding experience, but I have been struggling a lot these past few weeks. I am finding it difficult, so difficult that to cope with the stress I have been using alcohol to help me escape. I have been drinking a lot, only beers, but to the point where I get drunk almost every day. I have gotten to the point where I haven't even done any work for the past week, just drinking. I managed to stave off of it today, and hope to keep it that way. Though, I just layed in bed all day feeling depressed.

Luca
Praying now!

I finished my masters myself several months ago in Information Security from RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology), I nearly failed the last course but God intervened and helped me pass miraculously, I will pray God does the same for you!

Lord God I lift up Luca to You right now and I pray for Your intervention in their situation and that you would help them pass grad school and obtain their master's degree! I pray for complete deliverance from all stress and I pray that the stress will be replaced by Your peace! I pray that Luca would not need the alcohol anymore as You have something better for them! I speak life over Luca's mind, body, and emotions now in the name of Jesus and I speak peace over Luca's mind, body, and emotions now in the name of Jesus! I take authority over all depression and I command it to go now in the name of Jesus!

• Friendly
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

markkeller

Feb 27, 2023
Chicago
✟11,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I also have some problems with writing tasks and they make me even more stressed, but I found the way out of this situation. A friend of mine recommended me this service https://essays.edubirdie.com/pay-for-essay which I've already used once, and it was the best idea. The deadline was coming, and I decided to get professional help not to get a bad grade. But with programming, it's more difficult, so I hope that with such help I'll have more free time and will be able to work on my weaknesses more often and get better!
Luca
Praying!
I also wanted to add that studying is never easy and it's totally okay to have difficulties with something or don't understand something. But believe me, alcohol will make the situation even worse.
You are not alone in this, many students in the world face the same situation, but it's not worth giving up or drinking.
Try to ask someone for help, I think your groupmates won't refuse. There can be some useful information online, which can help you to understand the material. If there are some study groups, it's a good idea to join them. Or maybe, your professors have office hours, so you can ask the questions you have there.
It's also the end of the term and I'm pretty stressed myself, but it's all gonna be okay.
Courage!

• Agree
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0