✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lambslove said:
I'm ready to get a pet for my young labrador retriever.

I want to get a small dog, not another fuzzy yellow elephant like I have now.

What's a good small dog that would be friendly, likes to play and would be easy to train like a lab?

If you got a pitbull, it would scare away that little girl next door who keeps bothering you.

Upvote 0

Katieboo

Jun 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
✟8,017.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
arunma said:
If you got a pitbull, it would scare away that little girl next door who keeps bothering you.
^_^
Dog Breed Info has a breed test but it doesn't say anything about other pets.
Are you looking for something really small (ex. Chihuahua) or something more medium sized (ex. Border Collie)?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Katieboo said:
^_^
Dog Breed Info has a breed test but it doesn't say anything about other pets.
Are you looking for something really small (ex. Chihuahua) or something more medium sized (ex. Border Collie)?

Something in between.

Kodah adores little dogs like cocker spaniels and yorkies. I was thinking that a smaller dog would be easier to handle, too, so I could walk both of them at the same time, instead of one at a time like I did when I had two labradors.

The mini labradoodle is cute!

I've always wished for a miniature labrador. All the fun of a lab but half the size. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lambslove said:
I don't know if I can handle a pet that's smarter than me. Oh wait! I already have a lab. ^_^

My friend has a yellow lab. At least it isn't a Golden Retriever. What's the joke, something about 90% of all GR owners thought they were getting yellow labs?:D

Here kitty kitty..

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TheUltimateWarrior said:

Back in the day when I was peddlin' dope I had a cat. His name was Black Death. He was quite character-I often looked Death in the face and laughed.

I recall one morning I stepped out to the back porch and there was a slain squirrel there. I looked around and up in the crotch of a tree he lounged like some black leopard. I could tell he was thinking "Yeah, I'm bad".:cool:

I had him over at my parents for a couple of days. They had a kitten and they actually got along pretty well. Coming home late one night we pulled into the garage and caught a possum eating from the cat dish. Now, Death and this kitten were perched up on a shelf sleeping when we drove up so we woke them. Possum scurried behind the freezer, the kitten jumped down to chase the possum...and Death just stayed perched there, knowing only the stupid square off against a cornered possum. I rescued the kitten and chased off the possum and Death just looked at me with his cocky attitude.

Anyhow this guy Derek brings over his Doberman. OK, they aren't geniuses like Labs but they're not llasa apsos either. Death was perched up on the air conditioner. As soon as the Doberman came into the house it went nuts chasing after Death. Death found the way out the door and the dog was flying after him. I thought, oh great, that stupid dog is gonna kill Death and I'll have to kill Derek. The cat ran under the car and I thought great. The dog chased after Death under the car. At that point I laughed 'cause I knew what would happen. Next thing you heard was a screech and a howl and that pointy-nosed mutt got his nose laid open. He shot out from under my car and ran back into Derek's car.:D

Funny thing about Black Death is one day my brother brought home Moses. Moses was this huge Rottweiler. Now this dog's disposition was one of meek authority. Moses knew the sun revolved around him so he didn't have to prove anything. He and Death got along famously. We had Moses a week and I only heard him bark once (and that was enough:eek:). He was friendly and fairly active, alert, intelligent, and even protective of us though he only knew us a short time. I always thought if I got a dog it would be one like him. I suppose it has less to do with the breed than the training, and I never knew the owner, but he/she did a great job on Moses. Death approved of Moses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
menno said:
My friend has a yellow lab. At least it isn't a Golden Retriever. What's the joke, something about 90% of all GR owners thought they were getting yellow labs?:D

Here kitty kitty..

My sister has a golden the same age as my lab. My lab can follow dozens of commands and play numerous games, but her golden doesn't even sit on command. She's beautiful, but dumber than a basket of dead fish.

She doesn't even know how to retrieve! ^_^ :eek:

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lambslove said:
Nothing.

I apparently don't deserve a dog, I deserve a rattlesnake. :(

Funny you should mention that

When I was in the USMC there was this guy in the next barracks over that was keeping snakes in his locker. Yup, in a small aquarium tank this guy (and I kid you not, he was the chaplain's assistant) kept a couple of snakes. It was an event when it was feeding time.

One day someone said that Moe (not his real name) got a rattler. Well I had to go see and behold he had a small rattlesnake. That was the last time I went to see the snake show.

This of course was all illegal and someone turned him in-guess they didn't like the idea of living with the snake.

I've never had a reptile as a pet before, though maybe it would be the only thing my wife wouldn't sneeze at-though I guess people could be allergic to them too. I even saw at the local pet store baby alligators for sale. Think maybe I'll skip the reptile thing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.