Vito Corleone
Dec 3, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
✟23,288.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
No. What God wills to exist will exist... My DD was willed to exist by God. How she got here wasn't biblical. I still believe her existance was intended and God loves her and has a relationship with her.

Well, Romans 13 puts it very clearly, if you take it literally, that any kind of rebellion against authorities is always a sin, regardless of time and age, since all authorities have got their authorization from God Almighty. Thus, from your argument "what God wills to exists will exists", when combined with a literal reading of Romans 13, would inevitably follow that all regimes in world history, including those of Hitler and Mao, are actually the result of God's willing.

Well, I must conclude that the only choice I'm left with is to take Romans 13 as a passage in Pauls epistle to the Romans in its own context, without trying to draw induce any kind of eternal, lireal, law of "God - authorities relationships" from it.
Ah... but he didn't break the law of the land doing it, did he? God decided to do that because he LOVED PAUL and all of us. That does not mean we should not suffer punishment.

Now you are actually saying that God places the laws of earthly kingdoms and empires into a higher priority than his own law.

Don't you think that, in the light of God's law, Paul had committed something even graver than a rape (namely, getting innocent people persecuted and executed) and thus would surely have deserved the death penalty, if you think someone like a rapist should deserved it, too?

In effect, you are making God sound like somthing of this sort:

"Oh, Paul, you're a very lucky guy. Ya know, if my (God's) laws were in effect here, you should be stoned to death for what you've done. Now that they are following these un-godly laws here in Rome and they don't execute for getting my followers killed, I can actually put you in that Apostle's place. Now, really, really, remember that if I got MY will, your earthly life should end right here and right now and you would get straight to Heaven with those deadly sins you've committed cleansed away, but since my will can't be put to practice in the Roman empire, I'll let you continue your earthly life.......... you know, actually, I think I'll make you the Apostle with the biggest authorite on my whole church. But just don't tell anyone, 'cause really, according to my law, you should not continue your life on the earth. But only this one time, go and create the "apostolic foundation" for my church".

Reactions: reverend B
Upvote 0