Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
the tears shed when the death penalty is carried out are not for the criminal who loses their life, but for us who once again bowed to the spirit of revenge that lies within us, unable to meet a standard that Christ showed with his life; that there are things worth dying for but not worth killing for. like the bully who wields power on a playground, who because of physical dominance of his domain sees the other kids mature while he remains infantile and simple, so we have become by supporting this bloodthirsty penalty that the rest of the civilized world is rapidly outgrowing. my tears are for the executioner, for you and me.

Reactions: Suomipoika
Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't support the death penalty, but I think I'd be in favor of castration in the case of child rape (in addition to a long prison sentence, of course). Make the punishment fit the crime.
Agreed. It'd be a constant reminder for the rest of their life. Unfortunately, for women who rape/sexaully assault kids, it'd be a bit different.

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it's more of an embarrassment factor. Which is a shame because while women are naturally less able to produce brute force like men are, it's not always the case. Also, women who rape tend to be skilled at manipulation, such as teachers who abuse their students (I consider this rape even if the child is convinced "he wanted it"). Abusing a sexually starved teenager like that is pretty damn low in my book.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. It'd be a constant reminder for the rest of their life. Unfortunately, for women who rape/sexaully assault kids, it'd be a bit different.

Oh, I'm sure that removing the uterus and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] would go a long way in saying a woman has been "castrated".

*collective wincing of all female members*

;)

Upvote 0

Lockguy3000

Nov 14, 2007
NYC
✟9,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
the tears shed when the death penalty is carried out are not for the criminal who loses their life, but for us who once again bowed to the spirit of revenge that lies within us, unable to meet a standard that Christ showed with his life; that there are things worth dying for but not worth killing for. like the bully who wields power on a playground, who because of physical dominance of his domain sees the other kids mature while he remains infantile and simple, so we have become by supporting this bloodthirsty penalty that the rest of the civilized world is rapidly outgrowing. my tears are for the executioner, for you and me.

Amen Reverend, excellent post:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do believe this should be a state issue.

In history, crimes other then murder have carried death,
and I believe some crimes less then murder deserve the DP. Not everyone, but it should be an option.
Death penalty should be limited to the worst of crimes.
But some times the worst of crimes isn't only murder.

I see the Supreme courts authority to review it. But
set prececidence should show, that serious crimes need serious punishment.
I don't know the specifics of this case, so I am speaking generically. But then again, the SUpreme court could
limit its decision for this specific case.
ie: this case meets/doesn't meet requirements to equal a DP sentence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Ok well I don't believe in any of that nor do I think we only execute people out of revenge. So I can't really connect with your viewpoint at all.
please tell me what else is accomplished other than revenge. support your argument. thank you.

Upvote 0

Suomipoika

Vito Corleone
Dec 3, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
✟23,288.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If they allow it, it will probably only

1) Decrease the number of child rapists being convicted

2) Make it more likely that a child rapist will also kill the rape victim, since there will be no 'extra' penalty for murder and killing the rape victim would possibly eliminate the only eye witness.

Reactions: Judy02
Upvote 0

Suomipoika

Vito Corleone
Dec 3, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
✟23,288.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If they allow it, it will probably only

1) Decrease the number of child rapists being convicted

2) Make it more likely that a child rapist will also kill the rape victim, since there will be no 'extra' penalty for murder and killing the rape victim would possibly eliminate the only eye witness.

Don't see #1, are you saying they would be plea bargained?
#2- would be true if the DP was mandatory in every case. But with only the possibility of DP, it shouldn't affect the individual criminal.
Severe cases of rape, where the victim was lucky or to
tough to die, shouldn't be the only reason a person doesn't get the death penalty.
The abusive nature, the cold bloodedness, the torture of the victim, the inhumane treatment, all could be so bad, they warrant a DP trial.

Like DP for treason in a time of war, SHouldn't be mandatory, but should be a legitamate punisihment if severe enough.

Upvote 0

Suomipoika

Vito Corleone
Dec 3, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
✟23,288.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
#2- would be true if the DP was mandatory in every case. But with only the possibility of DP, it shouldn't affect the individual criminal.
Severe cases of rape, where the victim was lucky or to
tough to die, shouldn't be the only reason a person doesn't get the death penalty.
The abusive nature, the cold bloodedness, the torture of the victim, the inhumane treatment, all could be so bad, they warrant a DP trial.

Like DP for treason in a time of war, SHouldn't be mandatory, but should be a legitamate punisihment if severe enough.
These aren't actually my main arguments, my main arguments in opposing the DP are rooted in my Christian convictions. The early Christians in the first couple of centuries, for example, were absolutely opposed to the idea that Christians would have anything to do with the death penalty. The spirit of the Gospel of Christ should have such an impact on our lives that it would make it impossible for us to prescribe a death sentence on a person. Okay, this isn't a debate forum, so I'll leave my "argumentation" at that this time..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with this idea. I agree with the death penalty in general. Keeps people like Kenneth McDuff off the street (who had a life sentence... wonder what happened to that? someone let him out. You can't keep all of them in forever. It just wouldn't work space wise. They'd behave, and be out to kill and rape again)

Upvote 0

Suomipoika

Vito Corleone
Dec 3, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
✟23,288.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Human nature. When extremely big things such as life and death are at stake, people aren't that willing to cast the final verdict.. well, of course it would be different if the death sentence was only one possible result..

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Can't think of a more fitting punishment...
although I am always on the fence when it comes to the death penalty.

I want to see swift and severe punishment but Romans 12:19-21 tells us not to be vengeful.

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave itto the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Reactions: Nicki4Christ
Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
With those stances, it's very possible that you would have been rejected baptism in the early Church.
fine with me. the organized church is generally corrupt and ignorant anyway.

i'm a christian... not religious.

Upvote 0