Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
~WildRoseCowgirl~ said:
How did the Giraffe evolve?

Good question Wild Rose.

Well, it depends on your interpretation of the facts.
The answer evolutionists will give you is that it has a common ancestor, due to transitional fossils. And the answer I'll give you is that God designed it the way he designed those transitional fossils.

It all depends on your interpretation of the evidence though.

Upvote 0
C

Cassandra

ChrisS said:
Good question Wild Rose.

The answer evolutionists will give you is that it has a common ancestor, due to transitional fossils. And the answer I'll give you is that God designed it the way he designed those transitional fossils.

EVOLUTION DOES NOT EQUAL ATHEISM!

Just thought I'd point that out for good measure.

Upvote 0

~WildRoseCowgirl~

Jesus My Redeemer
Jun 27, 2004
✟1,977.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Cassandra said:
I have a question for you. Are you interested in the story of long and short neck Giraffes? Or of Giraffes altogether?

I guess giraffes all together.

And ChrisS, I know what I believe is true and there is nothing that can change that, I just want to hear what the Evolutionist's say about Giraffes.

Upvote 0

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
~WildRoseCowgirl~ said:

And ChrisS, I know what I believe is true and there is nothing that can change that, I just want to hear what the Evolutionist's say about Giraffes.
And you wonder why people get frustrated when they have to deal with this...

Please consider how condescending and insulting you come off as when you make statements like that.

*goes off to take a cold shower*

Upvote 0
C

Cassandra

~WildRoseCowgirl~ said:

As a matter of interest, what do you believe to be true?

Unfortunately, the site I was planning to use to answer you is down...and it has some good information on Giraffe evolution. So it may take me a little time to come up with an answer. By then, another poster may've done it. Sorry about this...I was prepared to reply.

Upvote 0

raphael_aa

Wild eyed liberal
Nov 25, 2004
✟9,552.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
~WildRoseCowgirl~ said:

When you say you 'know' something you believe in true, don't you mean you just have a firm conviction? Do you conceed even a slim remote possiblity that your belief about the mechanism God used in creation may be in error? If not, then I just wonder how many other things you 'know' to be absolutely true without the possibility of error? In what matters do you regard yourself as completely infallible? Why isn't such an attitude an example of an unteachable spirit that scripture warns us about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
DGE Project said:
It is sipmply impossible for the giraaph to evolve. http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/giraffe1.htm
Fred's site shows one of the most basic misconceptions of creationists when it comes to the evolution of the long giraffe neck. Fred obviously thinks that first the neck had to grow very long, and then somehow the artery system had to modify after the neck had grown long. This, obviously, would not be possible. Why Fred can't think of the obvious solution, that the neck and the artery system evolved at the same time is a mystery to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

DGE Project

Tomk80 said:
Fred's site shows one of the most basic misconceptions of creationists when it comes to the evolution of the long giraffe neck. Fred obviously thinks that first the neck had to grow very long, and then somehow the artery system had to modify after the neck had grown long. This, obviously, would not be possible. Why Fred can't think of the obvious solution, that the neck and the artery system evolved at the same time is a mystery to me.
Why whould two ingdependt systems that just happend to benifit each oher gradually evoleve orever time? That doen't make any sence.

Upvote 0

Douglaangu v2.0

Oct 13, 2004
✟1,169.00
Faith
Atheist

I see alot of creationists saying this, going on about 'interpretation of the facts'.
The odd thing is they never seem to do any interpreting past ignoring those that disagree with their beliefs.

Upvote 0

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
DGE Project said:
Why whould two ingdependt systems that just happend to benifit each oher gradually evoleve orever time? That doen't make any sence.
Finally, my incompetence capaciter has been completed. With this translation tool, I might for once be able to figure out what DGE is saying.
My capaciter said:
Why would two independent systems that just happened to benefit each other gradually evolve over time? That doesn't make any sense.
(corrections noted in red)

Nope, still just as silly as before. Must be that flux radiation transmission...

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
DGE Project said:
It is sipmply impossible for the giraaph to evolve. http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/giraffe1.htm

That link uses this picture as support that the giraffe couldn't have evolved:
girbak3.jpg

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the incredible exploding giraffe.

Reactions: Lucretius
Upvote 0