Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
"BlackSabb, let me explain to you a few basic things you may not have been taught. In most societies...................."

Deep breath, count to ten, then repeat after me:

"I don't give a fig what other people think, because what they think is about them, and not about me."

:hug:

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Catherineanne said:
I am sorry, but psychology is not about friendship, any more than heart surgery is.

I was refering to the part where he said listening. Not to the friend part.

Your being a friend does not negate that you are giving him psychological help.

BlackSabb said:
I also don't know why you seem to have this preoccupation that I wear ones like my wife, sister or mother. Where doest that come from?

Where do I have a preoccupation with that? You completely misunderstand me. I am just saying that psychology would have nothing to say unless you (or anyone else) was wearing tights for reasons other than "it's appropriate to my culture" or "I have some physical condition that is helped by wearing tights." You are the one that is reading stuff into those explanations.

I was dealing with hypothetical situations.

BlackSabb said:
I never said "wearing tights for fun", (and what does that mean anyway?).

I know that you never said you wore tights for fun, and I have not said you wear them for fun either. You suggested that psychology would have something to say about you wearing tights, even though you wear them for a circulatory condition. I simply pointed that psychology would have nothing on the matter, but that this situation would require different conditions for psychology to have anything to say.

BlackSabb said:
A male that posts saying that he wears tights for a circulation/cold condition will be suspicious of wearing for "fun" (still don't know what that means) or anything else.

Again, you are reading that stuff into my posts.

Also, as has pointed out time and time again, you have a circulatory condition. You are not wearing them to violate any societal taboo, we all understand that. To elaborate on what I was saying all this time, psychology wouldn't have anything to say about anyone wearing any article of clothing unless they wore it to violate their own society's taboos, and not for health reasons. This is not the case for you, I only brought it up to show you what would be necessary for psychology to say anything about you wearing tights.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where do I have a preoccupation with that? You completely misunderstand me. I am just saying that psychology would have nothing to say unless you (or anyone else) was wearing tights for reasons other than "it's appropriate to my culture" or "I have some physical condition that is helped by wearing tights." You are the one that is reading stuff into those explanations.

I was dealing with hypothetical situations.

I know that you never said you wore tights for fun, and I have not said you wear them for fun either. You suggested that psychology would have something to say about you wearing tights, even though you wear them for a circulatory condition. I simply pointed that psychology would have nothing on the matter, but that this situation would require different conditions for psychology to have anything to say.

Again, you are reading that stuff into my posts.

Also, as has pointed out time and time again, you have a circulatory condition. You are not wearing them to violate any societal taboo, we all understand that. To elaborate on what I was saying all this time, psychology wouldn't have anything to say about anyone wearing any article of clothing unless they wore it to violate their own society's taboos, and not for health reasons. This is not the case for you, I only brought it up to show you what would be necessary for psychology to say anything about you wearing tights.

Dude, I think that psychology would benefit you. I am not a slave to "society". Maybe you are, and that's your perogative. I follow what I think, I don't let others dictate what I feel, do, say, think etc. And I'll tell you what, I'll put up a new thread about following others and "society's taboos".

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Indeed not. But that is not what you said before. :wave:

Upvote 0