Proof "Queen of Heaven" IS actually Pagan. And Mary was NOT sinless.

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what, he denies her request. Does that make her less queenly?
In the context of RC's point of view, no. RC trots her out as the mediatrix who cannot fail with Jesus. But oops. Another scripture contradicting RC Tradition. Mary is not a fool proof way to Christ. You don't need a "queen in heaven" so called to have the ear of the king.

Incidentally, that is a pagan idea; that is, those in heaven are closer to God, have His ear moreso than those on earth.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The thing to understand about Mary's sinlessness is that it is a gift from God, not her own piety.

If so, why does not God give this gift to all humanity? Does He not want all to be sinless or does He delight in the fallen state of humanity?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So what, he denies her request. Does that make her less queenly?
The post to which you're replying ignores the fact that Bathsheba wandered into the king's court without an appointment, didn't really pay him the customary homage and pretty much stated her request. The king could fulfill her request if he chose to but there are rights associated with being the queen mother in Israel (and other royal courts) that we've lost in our transitions from monarchy to democracy which have further enabled Protestants to deny the reality of Our Lady's queenship. There's a tendency among modern audiences to interpret "Queen" as meaning "Vice President" or something when in fact her station was quite different from that.

Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In the context of RC's point of view, no. RC trots her out as the mediatrix who cannot fail with Jesus.
You got that a bit wrong, sorry. She's the mediatrix who cannot fail without Jesus.
But oops. Another scripture contradicting RC Tradition. Mary is not a fool proof way to Christ. You don't need a "queen in heaven" so called to have the ear of the king.
I don't need to eat McDonald's either, but I did last night. Regardless of what you need, Mary is there to assist.
Incidentally, that is a pagan idea; that is, those in heaven are closer to God, have His ear moreso than those on earth.
No, it's not. Let me ask you a question...when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan, did the water bless Him, or did He bless the water?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If so, why does not God give this gift to all humanity? Does He not want all to be sinless or does He delight in the fallen state of humanity?
Because Mary was special. She said Yes to God and bore His Son. God knew this from the beginning.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're a bit late to the party. All my posts have been addressed by others a few weeks ago - which I have appreciated.
Then you don't need to re-read them. But others are interested...:)

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You got that a bit wrong, sorry. She's the mediatrix who cannot fail without Jesus.
Like I said, and like you're apparently agreeing with your double negative, the example of Solomon and Bathsheba shows she failed. It's simply a poor example of the belief that Mary cannot fail or rather it shows, as you say, that Mary can fail with Jesus, like Bathsheba did with Solomon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Like I said, and like you're apparently agreeing with your double negative, the example of Solomon and Bathsheba shows she failed. It's simply a poor example of the belief that Mary cannot fail or rather it shows, as you say, that Mary can fail with Jesus, like Bathsheba did with Solomon.
It doesn't matter the result between Bathsheba and Solomon. What matters is her unfettered access and lack of need of protocol. Mary being queen of Heaven doesn't mean she cannot fail. Because of Jesus. I admit, I said that wrong. Mary can not fail, only because of Jesus, God.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't matter the result between Bathsheba and Solomon. What matters is her unfettered access and lack of need of protocol. Mary being queen of Heaven doesn't mean she cannot fail. Because of Jesus. I admit, I said that wrong. Mary can not fail, only because of Jesus, God.
I understand you believe Mary cannot fail because of Jesus. But your (RC) example of Solomon and Bathsheba fails as a queen mother to son king example. Bathsheba requested a man be given a wife and Solomon had the man killed. You'll have to look elsewhere than scripture to support your belief (queen mother cannot fail in her requests to king son).

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand you believe Mary cannot fail because of Jesus. But your (RC) example of Solomon and Bathsheba fails as a queen mother to son king example. Bathsheba requested a man be given a wife and Solomon had the man killed. You'll have to look elsewhere than scripture to support your belief (queen mother cannot fail in her requests to king son).
The example doesn't fail. But Mary is queen of heaven because Jesus is King of Kings, so his mother is queen.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And the Holy Spirit is the Spouse of the Queen. Sadly, God the Father seems to have no title in heaven.
What, God of the Universe isn't good enough for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmmmm. I cannot find any such title used in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. If it isn't there, then it must not be good enough for the Catholic Church, either.
Why does God need a title? But I will play...Straight from the Catechism, hat tip to the Nicene Creed "GOD THE FATHER ALMIGHTY, CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH." In so many words, "God of the Universe".

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why does God need a title? But I will play...Straight from the Catechism, hat tip to the Nicene Creed "GOD THE FATHER ALMIGHTY, CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH." In so many words, "God of the Universe".

I will reminds you that I am not the one who determined that various individuals in heaven needed titles. I am perfectly content with Mary for who she is, not some imaginary Queen of Heaven. However, it seems that your church feels a need to give titles of a non-biblical nature to Mary, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,907.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will reminds you that I am not the one who determined that various individuals in heaven needed titles. I am perfectly content with Mary for who she is, not some imaginary Queen of Heaven. However, it seems that your church feels a need to give titles of a non-biblical nature to Mary, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
So are you saying that Jesus is not king in His kingdom?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So are you saying that Jesus is not king in His kingdom?

What I am saying is simply that the title, "King of Heaven" is never used in the Bible.

It is a theological construct to create the title and to apply it to an individual. IMO it is rather sloppy theology to apply it to the Son, unless the Father has died, thereby opening the throne to the Son, as in the much-abused analogy of Solomon and Bathsheba. It is better theology to state that God, the LORD, is King of Heaven and that Jesus Christ, His Son, would be Prince. However, in doing so, that puts Mary in an extremely awkward and embarrassing position, does it not?

Upvote 0