Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have cable. We stumbled across a channel known as Comedy Central. It featured cartoon characters using the must vugar, profane, disgusting language I have ever heard. Every filthy word you can think of was used, including insults concerning God, Jesus. Join with me in contacting the Federal Communications Commission concerning Comedy Central and any others where outrageous profanity is broadcast.

https://www.fcc.gov/

I'm on the phone locally for the past hour and in the morning I will be on the phone to the Executive Offices of my cable provider. You can do the same if Comedy Central and others are doing this in your area.

Be blessed!!

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FCC said:
Do the FCC's rules apply to cable and satellite programming? In the past, the FCC has enforced the indecency and profanity prohibitions only against conventional broadcast services, not against subscription programming services such as cable and satellite.

I.E. You're paying for it so you're accepting it.
If you don't want it, don't pay for it.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's sorta like subscribing to the Adult Movie Channels then complaining about the inappropriate content on them.

I'm not talking about what we as individuals should do (my wife and I have already blocked the channel, removed it from our channel list). I'm talking about the Christian community voicing its abhorence of this filth, en masse, with thousands of complaints wherever this "Comedy Central" is available. I'm talking about boycotting those who provide commercial support. To do anything less is to roll over and play dead.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's sorta like subscribing to the Adult Movie Channels then complaining about the inappropriate content on them.
No it's not at all. Your statement would have us believe that comedy is made up of these profanities and foul language in order for it to be comedy. It doesn't. What a poor analogy.
I personally complained to Comedy Central ( the UK version) recently over sexually explicit material being discussed during daytime adverts. I complained that children can flick through channels and view these adverts, and was met with some pithy response about how kids are not their target market. That clearly, was not my point. It's a real shame as they have some great shows.
However I won't, as a Christian and as an adult stand by and do nothing. It's not acceptable.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi winken,

Have you not read Paul's opening thesis to the Roman believers? Signs such as this are merely confirmation to me that God really does know the end from the beginning. However, I am not one to stand up to ungodly practices of men. I fully understand, I believe, Paul's intention in writing what he wrote. He was warning us of the direction the world was going to be going. However, I also don't believe that Paul was encouraging or inciting a call to arms against such things.

I am responsible for what I do. How I live my life. The things that I approve of. My responsibility to others is to also tell them the truth of God. To show an individual where they might find the water of life. Even if I were able to stop such vulgar displays on television I will not have brought a single soul into the kingdom of God. I will have just stopped sinners from sinning in this particular venue. But, if my work doesn't turn them to loving God and understanding Him as the supreme Creator and ruler over all that He has created; repenting of their sin, and allowing themselves to be born of the Spirit of God, they will still die in their sin. Continuing to watch Comedy Central and its vulgarity will just no longer be one of the sins held accountable to them.

Paul wrote that the days are coming when people will not only participate in the many sins that he lists in the opening to the Romans, but that they will approve of others who do. Those days are here and have been here for many, many centuries.

Now, I understand that you have taken up this banner as your cause, and I suppose that in some ways it might be a good cause. But honestly, you're only attacking the very, very tip of the iceberg. Nearly all of what we call 'entertainment' is going inexorably to the side of sin. Foul language, nudity, casual sexual relationships are part and parcel of nearly all entertainment. Just because a particular venue uses a lot of such devices doesn't make it any better or worse than others that use only a little.

The same is true of those whose cause is fighting abortions. An abortion is merely a symptom of sin, but guilting or embarrassing someone into not having an abortion doesn't do anything for their eternal soul. Telling them the truth about Jesus will, if they believe and accept it as the truth. Telling them about God's love for them and His asking them to also love Him, will. Even if they have the abortion, if you are able to have a hand in turning them to love and repentance towards God -- that sin is also paid for on the cross. That person will be saved on the day of God's judgment.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No it's not at all. Your statement would have us believe that comedy is made up of these profanities and foul language in order for it to be comedy. It doesn't. What a poor analogy.
I personally complained to Comedy Central ( the UK version) recently over sexually explicit material being discussed during daytime adverts. I complained that children can flick through channels and view these adverts, and was met with some pithy response about how kids are not their target market. That clearly, was not my point. It's a real shame as they have some great shows.
However I won't, as a Christian and as an adult stand by and do nothing. It's not acceptable.
You can restrict access for your kids to any channel on tv. I have done it for years, blocking access to R rated movies for my underage kids. It's up to parents to protect their kids, not a television company.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
You can restrict access for your kids to any channel on tv. I have done it for years, blocking access to R rated movies for my underage kids. It's up to parents to protect their kids, not a television company.

Yeah, it's easier to fuss about the television network than to be a parent and use the parental controls available on every TV. Heck, I have no kids and we did it when we had cable, blocking the channels we found offensive. Then we decided that paying out the wazoo for cable was ridiculous and went to Netflix and the streaming content available online. One HDMI cord, one high speed internet connection and POW...all the stuff we ever wanted to watch!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have cable. We stumbled across a channel known as Comedy Central. It featured cartoon characters using the must vugar, profane, disgusting language I have ever heard. Every filthy word you can think of was used, including insults concerning God, Jesus. Join with me in contacting the Federal Communications Commission concerning Comedy Central and any others where outrageous profanity is broadcast.

https://www.fcc.gov/

I'm on the phone locally for the past hour and in the morning I will be on the phone to the Executive Offices of my cable provider. You can do the same if Comedy Central and others are doing this in your area.

Be blessed!!
1 John 2:15-16King James Version (KJV)
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Luke 6:41King James Version (KJV)
41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can you block them from adverts on particular channels ? Apologies for sidetracking, but the example I gave was more of an issue than simply blocking a particular show.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Can you block them from adverts on particular channels ? Apologies for sidetracking, but the example I gave was more of an issue than simply blocking a particular show.
No, but you can block that channel, or pre-record all of your kids shows and FF through the commercials. I do that anyway, just because advertising annoys me.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if you don't like it, don't watch it. If it offends you that badly, then get rid of cable. See? Problem solved!!!!

Read my posts 4, 16 and 17.

Get on the bandwagon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm talking about overwhelming the flood, not being overwhelmed by it, for the whole of Christianity. Read my post #4.

Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have complained to local TV, to the owners of the cable network, and to the FCC. The first two said "It ain't our fault." The FCC says, "Nuthin' we can do about it."

Turn the sound off as you watch Comedy Central, especially that afternoon program that is so explicet from A to Z. Make a list of the sponsors. Write a letter to management for each sponsor. Have the members of your church write a similar letter. Contact your local TV and the owners of your networks where this filth is distributed.

If you get no response, or "It ain't our fault, nuthin' we can do about it," write to your federal and state senators AND representatives. You can do that via the internet. Have your church write a similar letter. Contact your entire denomination in the same manner.

Contact Fox News, CNN, MSNBC.

Don't have the time? Give me a break! Change the addressee on each form letter! Choose a different web address for each federal and state representative! Copy and paste!

Our prayerful contacts have already begun. We'll have them all out before today is over!

God bless you as you Take Up The Cross and follow Him!

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Read my posts 4, 16 and 17.

Get on the bandwagon.

I don't do "bandwagons"...if it offends you, don't watch it. Use parental controls. Get rid of cable. Why are you trying to censor what everyone else watches? For 9 dollars a month you can get Netflix. There's plenty of streaming services available. There's Youtube, there's the network websites that you can stream from.

Why on earth do you want to control EVERYBODY? Control yourself and let everyone else decide for themselves.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't do "bandwagons"...if it offends you, don't watch it. Use parental controls. Get rid of cable. Why are you trying to censor what everyone else watches? For 9 dollars a month you can get Netflix. There's plenty of streaming services available. There's Youtube, there's the network websites that you can stream from.

Why on earth do you want to control EVERYBODY? Control yourself and let everyone else decide for themselves.

I'm a Christian. Guess who is at the controls......

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a Christian. Guess who is at the controls......

That's nice...I am also a Christian...and you do not have the right to control anything for anyone but yourself...you are the reason Christians are so widely disliked.

Upvote 0