Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It believe in the scriptures in says that in heaven there is no more sorrow or tears. So I don't think those in heaven see or hear what is going on here on earth, where there is so much sorrow and many tears.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But don't you think with them being in Heaven and seeing the big picture so to speak... That what is happening here would not affect them the same way? I thought it would give them more reason to intercede for us and our strength. Just a theory...

It believe in the scriptures in says that in heaven there is no more sorrow or tears. So I don't think those in heaven see or hear what is going on here on earth, where there is so much sorrow and many tears.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Revelation 6:9-10

this is about the souls of those in heaven calling for Justice

those with Christ are in peace
but they can still see what is happening on earth

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But don't you think with them being in Heaven and seeing the big picture so to speak... That what is happening here would not affect them the same way? I thought it would give them more reason to intercede for us and our strength. Just a theory...
I don't know, Michie. I wouldn't want to be a soul that was able to look on this earth without really feeling compassion and sorrow. To see child harmed and feel nothing just doesn't somehow seem right. But what do I know? Not much, really.
those with Christ are in peace
but they can still see what is happening on earth
Maybe so, Rhamiel.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying they are not able to feel anything. I'm sure compassion is more than what we have ever experienced here. But I think they may be able to see the actual spiritual warfare that is here and see it from a different perspective that is totally God centered where they do intercede for us so they can be reunited with their loved ones as well as the whole Body of Christ. I am
One of those that believe while we have unimaginable joy and peace in Heaven that we also still serve the Lord and the least among us. Just my thoughts.

I don't know, Michie. I wouldn't want to be a soul that was able to look on this earth without really feeling compassion and sorrow. To see child harmed and feel nothing just doesn't somehow seem right. But what do I know? Not much, really.

Maybe so, Rhamiel.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying they are not able to feel anything. I'm sure compassion is more than what we have ever experienced here. But I think they may be able to see the actual spiritual warfare that is here and see it from a different perspective that is totally God centered where they do intercede for us so they can be reunited with their loved ones as well as the whole Body of Christ. I am
One of those that believe while we have unimaginable joy and peace in Heaven that we also still serve the Lord and the least among us. Just my thoughts.
And nice thoughts they are, too.
I know that we are loved, so whatever it is like it will be what is best for us and others.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen. I'm just rambling anyway. You know how it is.

And nice thoughts they are, too.
I know that we are loved, so whatever it is like it will be what is best for us and others.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I know when confusing or hurtful things happen to me i often send up prayers to St. Joseph, protector of the Holy family, asking for his intercession.

It also helps to know that when we don't understand the why of things, that God in heaven somehow has us sheltered and covered from the storms of life,
so that the full outcome of what would have happened will be mitigated, and will pass over us, and that only what He allows by His grace and mercy will come into
our lives.
And when things go missing I will send up prayers to St. Anthony that they may be found.

p.s. as for hurricanes, i often think of them as God's washing machines. afterwards everything is a wet, soggy mess, but at least it is clean and fresh. and with a little sun and fresh air it can be restored again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Has anyone here ever felt like a departed loved one has interceded for them?

Hi Michie,

Well, I'm pretty sure I've read as part of traditional Catholic lore, that the Holy Souls in Purgatory are powerful intercessors on our behalf, if we pray to them. And why would they not be? I believe Jesus/God is 'head over heels' crazy about every single member of his family, so multiply your love for dear members of your family by any amount... And remember Jesus knew how hard it is for people 'at the sharp end', closer to the Anawim than the respectable rich, so his special love for the Holy Souls doesn't surprise me at all. Perhaps many we would expect to be Holy Souls will have gone straight to heaven.

My sister in Australia is a wonderful woman and very dear to me, but she would win no prizes for imagination, at least as far as religion goes. When she had a very serious operation as a toddler, she had a kind of near-death experience... and that seems to be enough for her! Anyway, I found out from my mother a few years ago, almost by chance really, that before a serious kidney operation about, I don't know, ten years ago, while waiting for her operation, my sister, who was very poorly, woke up at 3 in the morning to find our deceased brother standing near her bed looking at her for two or three minutes, but not saying anything.

A few years later, I asked her about it, and she said he looked as solid as in 'real life' and she said she could have reached out and touched him, he was so near. When I asked more questions, she said he was looking at her as if to encourage her. When I asked how he was dressed, she said in his normal casual type of clothes; working clothes. Eventually, he just faded away.

I find it weird my mother didn't ell me before, as she's so imaginative that she's tried most Christian and quasi-Christian sects at one time another, though ending up a Catholic, albeit I don't believe her faith is that strong. She had to be very self-reliant at critical times in her life and I don't think it was all that propitious for developing - how can I put it? - a desire for self abandonment to Divine Providence; it would not have been high on her list of things to do. you know the refrain: 'God helps those who help themselves!'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Has anyone here ever felt like a departed loved one has interceded for them?

I don't know if you read about my wife's death in hospital Michie, and the visit paid to my step-son and me a few days later by a little blue tit, who must have hopped in through a widow opened about 6 inches, in his room, and flew to the sitting room where I was sitting at the computer? I'd only reminded Simon the day before how crazy about the colour blue his mother had been.

The bird didn't seem in the least afraid, indeed seemed to want to hold our attention, first rustling papers on a coffee-table behind me. I hadn't seen him fly in. Then on a largish potted plant on my right on a shelf next to the wall. We were both in no doubt it was sent by God - either Anthea had 'bent God's ear', or He had set it up to tickle her, and bring us two some wonderful consolation. I believe the message it brought for Simon was that she would always be near him, never far away.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I do know they "see" and "hear" only if God allows. If they know exactly what's going on or what will happen in the future with us is a good question. I don't think because only God in omnipotent. But they are outside time and space and if God allowed, yes they could. If He does is not something we can ever know while we are still here.

I know if they are in heaven and we ask them to pray for us, they can bring that prayer to God's throne, ask Him directly. The bible says the prayers of the righteous prevails much and they are certainly righteous. But I imagine it's possible their knowledge is limited to only what we ask. Our prayers of petition to them may be the only knowledge of us they are allowed by God to know. I don't see that contradicting the joy of heaven.

The Mass is heaven come down to us. It's when the veil between heaven and earth are lifted and we are one with all of heaven worshipping and offering the "Lamb which was slain who now lives" for our intentions. We here worship, we here give glory, we here give thanks and we here pray, for one another and to God. They are doing the same but in a perfected way. They don't need to pray for themselves so they pray for us. I think that's all part of the joy that is heaven. So them being perfected in God's love, and the joy is their fulfillment of their own glory, their prayer to God for us would certainly prevail. I don't know, it's all a great mystery.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That confuses me too. If they know this is what will happen, why would they let it? Eyes have not seen and ears have not heard what is up there but they know what's on the other side and I guess have understanding that we do not. It's a mystery to us. We just don't know. But what we do know is those in heaven can pray for us to God if we ask for them. Do they with out us asking? Can they see us in the way God does? Don't know. Ultimately things happen according to God's will, permitting as well as ordaining will and they submit to that. So we will not know what, where, when, how, and mainly, why until we are there ourselves. It's about faith and trust.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think if they do know, they also know God's will for us and then maybe they know this (suffering) will all be worth it in the end for us. and I guess that's really what they pray for. That it all will lead to our salvation, purification and perfection. ??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No I did not read about it. Strange thing happened to hubby and I on Easter. As we were driving into town I insisted that we stop at his dad's grave. As I was cleaning things up, arranging flowers and saying a prayer a fox went strolling across the grave yard. This is a place a fox had no business being. I have no idea where it came from but it was a healthy red fox. It acted almost tame. Foxes are very skittish and this one looked at what we're were doing probably about 20 or 30 yards away. Actually sat down in front of another stone and watched. Hubby was in tears and said: I miss you Dad and the fox scampered off. We were both stunned by it really.

I don't know if you read about my wife's death in hospital Michie, and the visit paid to my step-son and me a few days later by a little blue tit, who must have hopped in through a widow opened about 6 inches, in his room, and flew to the sitting room where I was sitting at the computer? I'd only reminded Simon the day before how crazy about the colour blue his mother had been.

The bird didn't seem in the least afraid, indeed seemed to want to hold our attention, first rustling papers on a coffee-table behind me. I hadn't seen him fly in. Then on a largish potted plant on my right on a shelf next to the wall. We were both in no doubt it was sent by God - either Anthea had 'bent God's ear', or He had set it up to tickle her, and bring us two some wonderful consolation. I believe the message it brought for Simon was that she would always be near him, never far away.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would think it would be a joint effort. I do not think our loved ones would be allowed to act with God's blessing.

Is it God giving the signs? Or is it the family member or is it all the same?

Upvote 0