Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Everytime I go out of town to check on parents, etc. I always check my fil's grave as well as my husband's grandparents.

When I go to my fil's grave, I straighten things up, pray, speak out loud. I usually say we love him and miss him.

Lately, I have been asking him to speak to Jesus about difficulties we are having here.

I know this is similar to asking for Saints to pray for us. But I wonder, do our loved ones hear us? Or are somehow aware of us trying to talk to them?

What are your thoughts or experiences with this type of thing?
According to mystics who have had conversations with souls in purgatory - they see us - hang nearby hoping we pray for them etc.
[It's an acceptable book i read]
Anyway - whether in Heaven or purgatory they see us, and hear us.
I talk to my dad - all - the - time!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God allows souls to 'give us signs' if they need prayers - but one thing is - they can say things or just appear [in grey or dark] but cannot specifically ask for prayers.
When my mom passed - i told my sister to get over the grudge my mom had for her sister [our aunt] and told her mum needed us to let it go or she stays in purgatory and told her to fast and pray for my mom... for 3 days. [As penance]
My sister was mad... but then my mom appeared to her in a dark place - and said 'Be nice to [me]' she said my name...
Then after the 3rd day - she returned in light and smiled at my sister.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Death cannot separate us. He can pray for you and you can pray for him.

I find nothing wrong with that.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God allows souls to 'give us signs' if they need prayers - but one thing is - they can say things or just appear [in grey or dark] but cannot specifically ask for prayers.
When my mom passed - i told my sister to get over the grudge my mom had for her sister [our aunt] and told her mum needed us to let it go or she stays in purgatory and told her to fast and pray for my mom... for 3 days. [As penance]
My sister was mad... but then my mom appeared to her in a dark place - and said 'Be nice to [me]' she said my name...
Then after the 3rd day - she returned in light and smiled at my sister.
oh wow.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
See my sis was holding on to the grudge - which is the residual effect - and i told her about that.
She didnt believe me til my mom appeared.
But she never had that sort of experience before... and she finally told me, tho she didnt want to.

ETA - stuff was happening in my house so i knew my mom needed prayers - but after reading how souls can go to purgatory [all these years] - i sorted it out what my mom wanted... and went right to my sister...and told her what to do. But she admitted she was furious with me.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I know souls in purgatory can't do anything for themselves anymore. They are called poor souls for that reason. They totally depend on us. so they can't ask us to pray for them. But I'm glad they pray for us.

I like to think that my loved ones and my ancestors can hear me, but I don't know if they can or not.

In my heart, I would like for them to know that I am thinking about them and that I haven't forgotten them.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Is it God giving the signs? Or is it the family member or is it all the same?

I have wondered that, too. But it doesn't matter too much, I think, as she and Jesus will surely have been watching our reactions with glee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
No I did not read about it. Strange thing happened to hubby and I on Easter. As we were driving into town I insisted that we stop at his dad's grave. As I was cleaning things up, arranging flowers and saying a prayer a fox went strolling across the grave yard. This is a place a fox had no business being. I have no idea where it came from but it was a healthy red fox. It acted almost tame. Foxes are very skittish and this one looked at what we're were doing probably about 20 or 30 yards away. Actually sat down in front of another stone and watched. Hubby was in tears and said: I miss you Dad and the fox scampered off. We were both stunned by it really.

That sounds a bit similar, Michie. You know how dogs and cats tune in to our moods, and themselves are no strangers to mourning. Not to speak of elephants, of course. I'll bet he was tuned in to hubby's grief.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/goo...gs-crash-animal-lovers-funeral-153209047.html

By the way, I don't think blue [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] are very common here. I don't believe I'd seen one before. Mostly, seagulls, starlings, rooks, blackbirds, maybe an occasional sparrow - which used to be very common where I grew up (London suburb) all those eons ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I do know they "see" and "hear" only if God allows. If they know exactly what's going on or what will happen in the future with us is a good question. I don't think because only God in omnipotent. But they are outside time and space and if God allowed, yes they could. If He does is not something we can ever know while we are still here.

I know if they are in heaven and we ask them to pray for us, they can bring that prayer to God's throne, ask Him directly. The bible says the prayers of the righteous prevails much and they are certainly righteous. But I imagine it's possible their knowledge is limited to only what we ask. Our prayers of petition to them may be the only knowledge of us they are allowed by God to know. I don't see that contradicting the joy of heaven.

The Mass is heaven come down to us. It's when the veil between heaven and earth are lifted and we are one with all of heaven worshipping and offering the "Lamb which was slain who now lives" for our intentions. We here worship, we here give glory, we here give thanks and we here pray, for one another and to God. They are doing the same but in a perfected way. They don't need to pray for themselves so they pray for us. I think that's all part of the joy that is heaven. So them being perfected in God's love, and the joy is their fulfillment of their own glory, their prayer to God for us would certainly prevail. I don't know, it's all a great mystery.

I believe they still feel for us, but simply have a wonderfully fuller perspective on everything, so their sorrow would presumably never sink below a brief feeling of sympathy for us in our trials.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I like to think that my loved ones and my ancestors can hear me, but I don't know if they can or not.

In my heart, I would like for them to know that I am thinking about them and that I haven't forgotten them.
A woman had a mystic experience at Mass - and she saw her relatives gathered at the altar - the ones in purgatory were below the altar - the ones in Heaven were behind the altar.
Also - Mass is literally Heaven on earth.
Its where the physical and ethereal become one.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I believe they still feel for us, but simply have a wonderfully fuller perspective on everything, so their sorrow wold presumably never sink below a brief feeling of sympathy for us in our trials.
I wouldnt say they feel for us - they are like a sponge of God's love - they have it in - around and full of His boundless and unexplainable love and peace. There isnt a hint of pain - but the love is so full it cannot be contained to themselves or to one other single being - but it goes thru them and out towards all others. Its like this invisible thread that connects all souls and they have not a single judgment for anyone.. but this shared boundless love for all.
No one prefers another more - [in Heaven] - but all are loved to the highest degree with God's love that encompasses them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You might find the account on various YouTube clips, given by Mary Read, an orthopedic surgeon, of her NDE, interesting, Warrior angel. Also, her book.
I resist often explaining my own experience. Didnt have an NDE - justa consolation at Mass.
The love is God is without words on earth. But as best as it can be said - its a fullness. Its beyond a measure of peace - and it is in, through and out of you.
Like as if anyone could actually put it into words.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
That sounds a bit similar, Michie. You know how dogs and cats tune in to our moods, and themselves are no strangers to mourning. Not to speak of elephants, of course. I'll bet he was tuned in to hubby's grief.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/goo...gs-crash-animal-lovers-funeral-153209047.html

By the way, I don't think blue [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] are very common here. I don't believe I'd seen one before. Mostly, seagulls, starlings, rooks, blackbirds, maybe an occasional sparrow - which used to be very common where I grew up (London suburb) all those eons ago.

Where a mod has inserted [bless and do not cure] was typed the words, 'blue tit', which is the official name for a British bird.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Where a mod has inserted [bless and do not cure] was typed the words, 'blue tit', which is the official name for a British bird.
Its hyper sensitive.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I resist often explaining my own experience. Didnt have an NDE - justa consolation at Mass.
The love is God is without words on earth. But as best as it can be said - its a fullness. Its beyond a measure of peace - and it is in, through and out of you.
Like as if anyone could actually put it into words.

I know, Warrior Angel. I have experienced it, myself, on occasions.

Upvote 0