Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
YEAR IN REVIEW: The most significant news event in 2022 was 50 years in the making.

The most significant news event in 2022 was 50 years in the making.

The Supreme Court handed down a decision this year with the words “Roe and Casey are overruled,” marking the culmination of almost 50 years of work by pro-life advocates. While the June 24, 2022, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health decision was a moment of victory for the pro-life movement, it was the result of a multifaceted approach built up over the decades. The Register honors the pro-life leaders who paved the way for Dobbs, many of whom did not live to see this moment, for their efforts to expose the truth that abortion ends a human life.

When Roe v. Wade was handed down in January 1973, federal attorney Nellie Gray gathered fellow pro-life advocates in her townhouse on Capitol Hill to devise a way to commemorate Roe’s anniversary and the lives lost because of the decision.

Hoping that Roe would soon be overturned, she organized what she assumed would be a one-off event: the March for Life. The demonstration became a 49-year annual human-rights protest that consistently draws tens of thousands of marchers.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The parents are lost and need salvation. The children are fine in Heaven.
Abortion is wrong. Regardless of eternal destination. Just as murder is wrong. The Catholic Church teaches against it and you can’t reason that away.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is wrong. Regardless of eternal destination. Just as murder is wrong. The Catholic Church teaches against it and you can’t reason that away.
The Catholic Church is one of many religious denominations that holds the belief that abortion is morally wrong. The Catholic Church teaches that human life is sacred and that every human being has a right to life from the moment of conception. The Catholic Church believes that abortion is a grave sin and that it is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Catholic Church is one of many religious denominations that holds the belief that abortion is morally wrong. The Catholic Church teaches that human life is sacred and that every human being has a right to life from the moment of conception. The Catholic Church believes that abortion is a grave sin and that it is not acceptable under any circumstances.
I know what she teaches.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great, can you tell me what she teaches?
You seem to know already don’t you? Point is, it’s not cool to gloss it over with don’t worry, the aborted children are in heaven line in the Catholic forum. Abortion is a sin that cries out to Heaven.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Point is, it’s not cool to gloss it over with don’t worry, the aborted children are in heaven line in the Catholic forum.
I am very worried because they would like to be with their parents and there is a good chance that their parents will not be going to Heaven. Matthew 19:4 "But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Abortion is the ultimate child abuse. But they forgive the people that abuse them. I had a very vivid dream about my daughter in Heaven and the angels that were taking care of her. So I think about this quite a bit.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am very worried because they would like to be with their parents and there is a good chance that their parents will not be going to Heaven. Matthew 19:4 "But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Abortion is the ultimate child abuse. But they forgive the people that abuse them. I had a very vivid dream about my daughter in Heaven and the angels that were taking care of her. So I think about this quite a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0