Visit site
✟280,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't post here much anymore, but would really appreciate your prayers. I've been having problems with abdominal pains off and on for almost a decade, but it got much worse around Thanksgiving. Long story short, I had my gallbladder removed yesterday and while the procedure went well, I'm feeling miserable. I am anxious to get back to helping more with my two young boys and taking some of the burden off my wife. I also want to get back to serving as a Deacon more. I have only managed to serve Vigil a couple times since December. Liturgy is hard enough if I'm not worn out from the night before. Any prayers you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Love in Christ,

Dcn. Matthew

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,063.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Take enough time to recover properly - don't rush things. If you've not been 100% for a long time, recovery will be slow , and if you don't heal fully - that will lead to more problems. Be careful with your diet too.

Prayers for you :crosseo:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the prayers and the advice. I was ordained three years ago this past November. I believe I posted about it at the time, but have been largely absent since then. I was ordained, then our first son was born the following March and life got very busy. Our second soon was born this past June. I read a lot of threads, but don't post much because I can't afford the time if I get sucked into a thread. But I've been up most of the night tonight with frequent trips to the bathroom so posting is helping me pitas the time. Plus I'm still a little loopy from anesthesia, so I'm chattier than usual.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,063.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
AH - clearly laparascopic :)

Still take care - you should be feeling much better very soon - don't start driving too soon though - my daughter was banned from driving for some weeks to allow for the muscles to heal - do follow the advice your docs give you.

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It was laparoscopic which I thought would be less painful than it has proved to be. I also have a problem with urinary retention as a result of anesthesia. I thought I might after my last surgery for a broken arm, but now there is a definite pattern so I know to be proactive in telling doctors to prepare for that to be the case. It was an outpatient procedure, but I was there for about twice as long as they had said I would be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't post here much anymore, but would really appreciate your prayers. I've been having problems with abdominal pains off and on for almost a decade, but it got much worse around Thanksgiving. Long story short, I had my gallbladder removed yesterday and while the procedure went well, I'm feeling miserable. I am anxious to get back to helping more with my two young boys and taking some of the burden off my wife. I also want to get back to serving as a Deacon more. I have only managed to serve Vigil a couple times since December. Liturgy is hard enough if I'm not worn out from the night before. Any prayers you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Love in Christ,

Dcn. Matthew
Lord Have Mercy - praying for your recovery to be effective and for you to be able to connect in the areas you have asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums